Tim Tebow

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Tim Tebow

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:16 am

Anyone else find it ironic that his passing yards number was 316?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:39 am

Indy5 wrote:Anyone else find it ironic that his passing yards number was 316?

There's no irony with Fate!! and he has it....Hes definitely not a Prophet though.....OR is he??.. :?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:08 pm

Indy5 wrote:Anyone else find it ironic that his passing yards number was 316?

This is a wonderful story if you haven't heard it before. But particularly interesting since the Steelers/Broncos Football game!
He usually has a bible verse and 3:16 written in the black under his eyes. Last night he was not allowed to wear the numbers.

Results: #1. the average of the passes he threw was 31.6 feet.

#2. The total yardage was 316 yards. and

#3 - the media rating total for the last 15 minutes of the game was a 31.6 rating
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:39 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:Eli Manning and especially Matt Staffird have done it multiple times this year

Sorry to bring up a kinda dead topic but I thought of some things the other day when I was listening to Skip Bayless talk about Tebow.

1. First off Eli has 3 very good receivers in Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham. Stafford has Megatron and some other good receivers. Tebow has Demaryius Thomas and Eric Deckertt (goes deep everytime, even though he's slow, might catch one a game). Also, I consider Eli very clutch and an elite QB (talking probably top 5 or 6). Stafford is also pretty clutch and I think will be an elite QB in a couple years. If Tebow is drawing comparsions to them, that's a good thing.

2. Tebow was really a rookie QB. He had 3 or 4 starts as a rookie and didn't the job this year til week 6. So in basically his first season as an NFL QB, he was evaluated like an 8 year vet. I don't feel that's very fair. Everyone freaks out about the KC game and the playoff loss, but isn't it possible for a rookie QB to have a bad game without writing him off?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:27 pm

I agree with you 100% Indy. Like I said before I don't hate Tebow and I'm all for him being successful. I hope he is great but the issue I have is this blanket that is over every Tebow fans eyes. Skip Bayless is by far the worst, because of this Tebow thing I won't listen to a word he says. When Denver is winning it's all Tebow, everyone acts like he won despite the rest of the team, and when they lose it's everyone elses fault. If you look at the games the reason he was able to win those games is because the defense kept it close and they had a great rushing game.

I'm all for people getting chances, I believe to truly evaluate a QB in the NFL you need 2 or 3 seasons. The Tebow thing has gotten out of hand because peopletalk like he is an elite QB if you look at his stats he isn't even close. He ranks in the bottom five (I believe) in QBR and near bottom in completion percentage. If any other QB had those stats they would be benched.

As far as the Eli and Stafford comparison goes, I don't think he deserves to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Eli yet. I don't believe he is better or close to either of those QBs YET. I agree that those two have better weapons but even given their receiving cores I don't think that Tebow would get close to them in production.

Now all that being said I do believe he has the intangibles it takes to be a great QB. If he can work on his accuracy, vision, and mechanics he has the potential to be a real solid QB.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 pm

ELI...Brady
at this point in the season what matters most is who can PASS the best (most accurate) when they need to PASS

Giants over San fran 30 to 20
Pats over Ravens 36 to 24

Sorry Harbaugh's ....good season though
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:52 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:I agree with you 100% Indy. Like I said before I don't hate Tebow and I'm all for him being successful. I hope he is great but the issue I have is this blanket that is over every Tebow fans eyes. Skip Bayless is by far the worst, because of this Tebow thing I won't listen to a word he says. When Denver is winning it's all Tebow, everyone acts like he won despite the rest of the team, and when they lose it's everyone elses fault. If you look at the games the reason he was able to win those games is because the defense kept it close and they had a great rushing game.

I'm all for people getting chances, I believe to truly evaluate a QB in the NFL you need 2 or 3 seasons. The Tebow thing has gotten out of hand because peopletalk like he is an elite QB if you look at his stats he isn't even close. He ranks in the bottom five (I believe) in QBR and near bottom in completion percentage. If any other QB had those stats they would be benched.

As far as the Eli and Stafford comparison goes, I don't think he deserves to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Eli yet. I don't believe he is better or close to either of those QBs YET. I agree that those two have better weapons but even given their receiving cores I don't think that Tebow would get close to them in production.

Now all that being said I do believe he has the intangibles it takes to be a great QB. If he can work on his accuracy, vision, and mechanics he has the potential to be a real solid QB.

Haha Skip is my favortie because he is so entertaining and stubborn on his ideas. Yes he was over the top on the Tebow thing because he was the only one supporting him so he thought he had to go overboard.

His QBR was low all year but just a note, his QBR was like 97 something against Pittsburgh which was the highest ever in a playoff game since it was invented.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:23 pm

He did have a good game against Pittsburg but let's be realistic it wasn't the real Pittsburg. They had tons of injuries, blew coverages left and right cause of everyone was lining up in the box and not communicating, and Tebow still only managed to complete less than 50% of his passes. I'm not making excuses, I hate excuses, the Broncos came out and knocked off a good team, but I think sometimes things are looked at through clouded vision and fans tend to only see what they wanna see not reality. Just my opinion
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:18 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:I think sometimes things are looked at through clouded vision and fans tend to only see what they wanna see not reality. Just my opinion

If this is pointed at me, trust me, I see reality. I see thathe isn't a good passer. But I still think he can be a starter in the league. Will he be a pro bowler? No. Can he be an efficient starter that can win games? I think he can.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:42 pm

No sorry Indy that wasn't pointed at you but there are people on here and all over the country that are a little stuborn and dillusional on the subject.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Hot Topics