East Most Elite?

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

East Most Elite?

Postby Mossy84 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Is the Eastern part of the state the most elite?

Thompson , Cavalier, Park River and HCV have all won multiple state championships in the last 5 years in mult. sports. So is the most athletic and elite part of the state or which region is??? My pick is region 2 or the east part of the state currently.
Mossy84
NDPreps Reserve

Re: East Most Elite?

Postby OldSchoolBaller » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am

I think that this is something that goes back and forth through the decades. I remember when I was in high school, everything was won by the teams out west besides 9-Man Football and Hockey. I also think that there are certain sports that are usually dominated by a certain part of the state. Cross Country and Track and Field for example usually seems to have a lot more depth out west, whereas Hockey and 9-Man Football are usually stronger in the east. I think one of the best ways to look at this is what part of the state has a lot of depth in Basketball, 11-Man Football, Baseball, and Volleyball. By this though I would have to say the East has definitely been tough to compete with lately on the Class B level.
“It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” - Paul "Bear" Bryant
OldSchoolBaller
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Hot Topics