Mayville State University Men's Basketball

No smack talk is allowed here.

Re: Mayville State University Men's Basketball

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:30 pm

luvndhoops wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:
Flip wrote:Sounded like the coach signed a release for him so he wouldn't have to sit for a year.

Could be true! Sooooo sad though!!!

I know for a fact, VCSU won't give him much $$$! I'll leave it at that! Good luck to him!

I should clarify Basketball $$$$!!!

Scholarship $$ probably the best way to put it
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby luvndhoops » Thu May 31, 2012 9:04 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:
Flip wrote:Sounded like the coach signed a release for him so he wouldn't have to sit for a year.

I know for a fact, VCSU won't give him much $$$! I'll leave it at that! Good luck to him!

I understand what your saying, but Scholarship can come in different forms! Ie. academic, maybe if someone joins the band, they will get $200 (making up the amount) they will try to get financial aid, then money anywhere else, then basketball $$$$'s They don't have much BB $$$ overall! Gus had a sweet deal at MSU! At least that's what a coach who know's what he's doing should do!
luvndhoops
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Thu May 31, 2012 10:21 pm

luvndhoops wrote:Could be true! Sooooo sad though!!!

Current player told me, doesn't mean it is necessarily true, but that is what he thought happened.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby luvndhoops » Thu May 31, 2012 11:38 pm

Flip wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:Could be true! Sooooo sad though!!!

Current player told me, doesn't mean it is necessarily true, but that is what he thought happened.

NO ONE knows except for Coach Dewitt and Gus!!! Both seem like GREAT PEOPLE! UNFORTUNATELY, this happens quite often in college athletics, new coach, previously players, etc.! God bless the whole situation!!!!
luvndhoops
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Thu May 31, 2012 11:41 pm

NO ONE knows except for Coach Dewitt and Gus!!!

I seriously doubt that.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:48 am

1. Gus did sign at VCSU

2. Mayville State did release him. He is eligible to play immediately.

3. You make it sound like finding other sources of money are a bad thing. If a player is eligible for academic scholarships, why not allow those scholarships to become part of his deal.

4. You know nothing about VCSU. Their scholarship budget has increased quite a bit from a while ago. You're speaking from a dated opinion.

5. Kueber will be welcome in Valley City. Thanks for the transfer.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 am

heimer wrote:1. Gus did sign at VCSU

3. You make it sound like finding other sources of money are a bad thing. If a player is eligible for academic scholarships, why not allow those scholarships to become part of his deal.

4. You know nothing about VCSU. Their scholarship budget has increased quite a bit from a while ago. You're speaking from a dated opinion.

Best of Luck to him at VCSU!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:35 am

who is "you?"
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:38 am

Flip wrote:

who is "you?"

directed towards luvndhoops is my guess...

luvndhoops wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:

I understand what your saying, but Scholarship can come in different forms! Ie. academic, maybe if someone joins the band, they will get $200 (making up the amount) they will try to get financial aid, then money anywhere else, then basketball $$$$'s They don't have much BB $$$ overall! Gus had a sweet deal at MSU! At least that's what a coach who know's what he's doing should do!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby luvndhoops » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flip wrote:

who is "you?"

directed towards luvndhoops is my guess...

luvndhoops wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:
luvndhoops wrote:

I'm just stuff that he left and why he did! Coach wants guys that are all in! Gus may feel that Coach DeWitt was or is too intense for Mayville (that's his right). I personally like that style (99% of the time). Your maybe right about the upgrade $ thing, and I'm sure VCSU is thrilled to have him ( even for only one year) Gus is a great kid! I wanted to continue watching him play as a Comet, but its not meant to be!!!
Coach wants to do what Coach Don Meyer does/did! Turn these kids into GREAT young men!!!

My Humble opinion!!!!
luvndhoops
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:33 pm

What the world happened here?

@KMAV
BREAKING:

Mayville State University Director of Athletics Jay DeCann has announced that Darren Tighe has resigned from his position as head men’s basketball coach at Mayville State University. The resignation is effective immediately.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:48 pm

Flip wrote:What the world happened here?

@KMAV
BREAKING:

Mayville State University Director of Athletics Jay DeCann has announced that Darren Tighe has resigned from his position as head men’s basketball coach at Mayville State University. The resignation is effective immediately.

Mayville has been real quiet on why he resigned, even the athletes don't know why. Eventually it will come out.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDPREP » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:32 am

Sportsrube wrote:

@KMAV
BREAKING:

Mayville has been real quiet on why he resigned, even the athletes don't know why. Eventually it will come out.

The way it was released with no statement from the coach screams firing, for whatever reason? no clue... he was making a splash there though.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:09 am

So, from what I've heard...an assistant resigned a few months ago too. It seems parents can be a problem at the College level too.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:52 pm

I have heard that when the Assistant resigned he filed a complaint against the head coach for verbally harassing players and for the way he treated some players and Tighe was given the option of resigning or being fired. This is coming from someone within the program.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:33 pm

Sportsrube wrote:I have heard that when the Assistant resigned he filed a complaint against the head coach for verbally harassing players and for the way he treated some players and Tighe was given the option of resigning or being fired. This is coming from someone within the program.

So was my source...I guess we have to wait and see what the truth is when/if it ever comes out.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:30 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:I have heard that when the Assistant resigned he filed a complaint against the head coach for verbally harassing players and for the way he treated some players and Tighe was given the option of resigning or being fired. This is coming from someone within the program.

So was my source...I guess we have to wait and see what the truth is when/if it ever comes out.

I think both can be true. I had heard parts of both stories.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:05 pm

@KMAV
BREAKING:

Short term this worked out well.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDPREP » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:27 am

Flip wrote:

@KMAV
BREAKING:

Short term this worked out well.

Tighe hired by Dakota State recently as well. Lots of social media talk from Mayville staff congratulating, says a few things I think.

Dakota State also has their girls coach as a former mayville assistant doing very good things there.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:58 pm

Did the interim HC at Mayville end up as the full-time HC?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:39 am

Flip wrote:Did the interim HC at Mayville end up as the full-time HC?

Yes they did.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges