Minot St. Beavers hockey

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:59 pm

I see Minot St. has a hockey program.  Does anyone know if it is a varsity sport, or a club program?  Just looking for a short overview of it.  I see they played St. Cloud St.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:02 am

I'm guessing its just a club program, has nothing on their site about hockey. Most WCHA teams like UND and St. Cloud start season off with exhibition games which I'm guessing that was.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby tv sports guy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:43 am

go to http://www.minotstateu.edu/hockey/

the team is in the ACHA and they just hosted a tournament this past weekend with colorado st., bemidji st, and st. cloud.

last year they brought in a new coach to hopefully turn things around. it wasnt a great season last year, but they showed some promise.
tv sports guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the low down » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:06 am

Minot State is a club program.  Someday it would be nice to see them get some additional support and become a varsity program.  No one would expect to see them on the level of, say, UND; but it would be great for the school and community.

On that note, Bemidji St. and St. Cloud State have a varsity program and a club program.  The teams that recently played in the Minot tournament were their club programs and should not be mistaken for their Division 1 programs.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the way I understood it.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges