point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:10 pm

Ball State is 1-3.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby flatlander » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:42 am

Geez, baseball, no need for that. Grapes sour much? Yeah, Ball State has three losses. Indiana by 1 point, Purdue (who just beat Minnesota) by 10 points, and NDSU. Two Big 10 teams and NDSU.

If this game goes on sale, buy it. DO IT! It was the best football game I've ever seen. There are about a dozen plays that will make you go, "Wow!" or you don't know football.

NDSU didn't just beat them, they pwned them. You know when the last time a DI-AA team held a DI-A team to 14 yards rushing? Ummmm.... still thinking? Yeah, me too. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time in college football history that it happened.

Great win by a great program.
Last edited by flatlander on Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:39 am

Way to go NDSU.  This is a big win for them.  (edit) not cool!  (I just had to get that out)
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:12 pm

Great win for NDSU! Plus they received $150,000 to play the game. Nice! Walker was incredible throwing for 451 yards! Bison run defense has been nothing short of amazing this year. Keep it up Bison!
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:39 pm

flatlander wrote:Geez, baseball, no need for that. Grapes sour much? Yeah, Ball State has three losses. Indiana by 1 point, Purdue (who just beat Minnesota) by 10 points, and NDSU. Two Big 10 teams and NDSU.

If this game goes on sale, buy it. DO IT! It was the best football game I've ever seen. There are about a dozen plays that will make you go, "Wow!" or you don't know football.

NDSU didn't just beat them, they pwned them. You know when the last time a DI-AA team held a DI-A team to 14 yards rushing? Ummmm.... still thinking? Yeah, me too. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time in college football history that it happened.

Great win by a great program.

it was a good win yes....its jsut that your guys are making it seem like a national championship was one over a team who is 1-3....its like sayin a team is good because they are 0-1 but they lost to USC?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:50 pm

So, Ball St. is d-1a.  This is a big boost for ndsu.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:49 pm

baseball wrote:Ball State is 1-3.....

Sioux fan perhaps?                GOOOOOOOO!!!! BISONNNNNN!!!!!!
ND_SportsNut

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:15 am

I'm a UND graduate and I still love the Sioux. However, this is a HUGE win for the state of North Dakota. Ball State may have been 1-3, but the fact is, 2 of those losses came against Big Ten competition and they were close competitive games. This was a statement game for NDSU as well as UND in the future that the ND schools can play with the big boys. As a Sioux fan, I say congratulations to the Bison. It is a great day for football in the state of North Dakota.
ndfbfan

Postby baseball » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:45 am

granted i dont know much about ball state. but people cant say they are good jsut because they lost 2 close games to good teams.  D-1A is still tough but what has ball state proven this year? they did beat eastern michigan...but lost to indiana and purdue, not the cream of the crop in the big ten.  Duke is in the ACC doesnt make them a national power.

Good win by a good team yes, but lets wait til the Bison play Minnesota to say how great they are.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Batman » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:39 am

It doesn't look like anyones talking about how great they are, but how proud we are.  Minnesota is another story, a hard fought game with no serious injuries is the goal there.   But you never know, North Dakota schools are developing a national reputation as "giant killers".   And I LOVE it.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:20 am

Just saw a national ranking web site and Ball State was ranked 101.  Minnesota is ranked 42 or 47 short term memory loss.  This ranking was after the loss to NDSU.  Duke is ranked 111.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:50 am

The game i will never forget is when NDSU went to Wisconsin last year for basketball and beat them at home to end a winning streak over 40+
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:06 pm

The NDSU game is a very good win for the Bison program, Northern Iowa was a good win for UND program. Lets have some fun and excitement, but lets also make victories like this just another win in the future. Cause I love watching both squads represent the state well, because we don't get a lot of respect football wise outside this state. Lets make that change also. Congrats to both UND and NDSU on big wins and lets keep it going!
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:30 am

baseball wrote:granted i dont know much about ball state. but people cant say they are good jsut because they lost 2 close games to good teams.  D-1A is still tough but what has ball state proven this year? they did beat eastern michigan...but lost to indiana and purdue, not the cream of the crop in the big ten.  Duke is in the ACC doesnt make them a national power.

Good win by a good team yes, but lets wait til the Bison play Minnesota to say how great they are.

Anyway you cut it this was a big win and the Bison are playing well. Ball State may not have a great record but they do have 22 more scholarships than NDSU which is an advantage, plus the game was played in Indiana. UND got a big win at UNI and now NDSU got a big win at Ball State. They both should be credited with good wins without people saying how bad UNI or Ball State is.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:35 am

baseball wrote:The game i will never forget is when NDSU went to Wisconsin last year for basketball and beat them at home to end a winning streak over 40+

That was a great game and gave NDSU and the state of ND a lot of recognition. NDSU can compete at the DI level. It will be exciting when NDSU is eligible for playoffs.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges