Incoming freshmen

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby ndfan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:52 pm

Just wondering which incoming freshmen from North Dakota will be red shirting or will be playing this season whether it be UND, NDSU, or a DAC school.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby hornetfan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:18 am

The Lemer twins from Harvey were redshirted at Jamestown and Volk from Harvey was redshirted at Valley.
hornetfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hornetfan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:19 am

Their redshirt status was not lack of talent, just a lot of players.
hornetfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfan » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:42 pm

Was reading the bison media blog an came across this was written about month ago on Matt Anderson:

"Judging from the first two days of practice in full gear, it appears linebacker Matt Anderson from Cavalier may get a shot at playing as a true freshman. He got some reps in with the second team defense and was getting some 1-on-1 attention from Craig Bohl and linebackers coach Kyle Nystrom.

The coaches were impressed last week at how good of shape Anderson was in. Not many freshmen report to camp looking like he did. Physically, he looks like he can do the job right now."

Just wondering if any of ya big Bison fans have heard anything? I hope they keep the red shirt on him this year. Will give him one more year to compete for a playoff spot when NDSU is eligible. Also very deep linebacker wise without him. But I've seen him play 4 years and definitely think he can play right now if he needed to. But I don't think he should right now.

Anybody else?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:53 pm

ndfan wrote:Was reading the bison media blog an came across this was written about month ago on Matt Anderson:

"Judging from the first two days of practice in full gear, it appears linebacker Matt Anderson from Cavalier may get a shot at playing as a true freshman. He got some reps in with the second team defense and was getting some 1-on-1 attention from Craig Bohl and linebackers coach Kyle Nystrom.

The coaches were impressed last week at how good of shape Anderson was in. Not many freshmen report to camp looking like he did. Physically, he looks like he can do the job right now."

Just wondering if any of ya big Bison fans have heard anything? I hope they keep the red shirt on him this year. Will give him one more year to compete for a playoff spot when NDSU is eligible. Also very deep linebacker wise without him. But I've seen him play 4 years and definitely think he can play right now if he needed to. But I don't think he should right now.

Anybody else?

i would love to see him and joe mays play together as long as possible
rep

Postby homer » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:24 am

erbes ,griffith, and breuer will all redshirt this fall at jamestown along with almost 40 other freshman (12 shrinebowlers)
homer

Postby ND_Coach » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:12 pm

Tom Kraft from Strasburg is redshirting at Bemidji State.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubisonfan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:29 pm

Landon Smith and Matt Anderson redshirting at NDSU right now. Both look very good.
ndsubisonfan

Postby rep » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:25 pm

apparently ndsu's victory over ball state came at the cost of a couple of players and it sounds like freshman matt kittleson (a linebacker) will try out at fullback. not sure of how much of a lock he would be for playing time during the game at fb though.  
rep

Postby ndfan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:34 pm

By the sounds of it Kittelson will see plenty of playing time at fullback since they like to rotate their Fullbacks. Roehl will probably be used more then he was before the injury to Jangula, But Kittelson is a dang good player and think he will step up and make plays when called on for the Bison. So don't be surprised to see or hear his name on the field the next few weeks.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges