Bison vs. Gophers Football

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby the low down » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:02 am

I think the U of M is starting to realize that they have a resource to tap from both the North Dakota schools.  There are a ton of both NDSU and UND alumni living in the Twin Cities.  Sometimes when the wife and I are out and about and I'm wearing a UND sweatshirt, I'll get stopped by someone that said that they graduated in such and such year from there, or they are from somewhere in North Dakota.  I'll even get the occasional Bison fan giving me the thumbs down. A  restaurant in Bloomington even advertises their showing of Sioux hockey games on TV there, drawing a Sioux reunion for each game. 

Again, great job by the Bison and you represented your school and fans well.  They have gained the respect they deserved even before this game.  One can only hope that our (as a Sioux fan and alum) rivalry is renewed sooner rather than later.  It is almost a crime that the game isn't played. 

It's funny how fast the rodent lovers here in the Cities are realizing its hockey season at the expense of Mason and his club.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:14 am

I was at the game and it was incredible.  I was extremely proud of the heart and passion that the Bison played with and also proud of the way that North Dakotans (past and present) turned out to cheer on the team. 

It dawned on me earlier that it may be a yearly event to turn out and cheer on whichever Dakota team plays the Gophers.  Aside from the other sports, football is one we are decided underdogs every year and whether it's UND, NDSU or one of the South Dakota schools, I'd love to see us knock em off.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:47 pm

The game was awesome.  The majority of the Gophers didngt even cheer when Minnesota did something right.  NDSU dominated them the whole game.  Walker and Steffes were both impressive.  I really thought they were gonna pull it off.  But oh well the Bison did what they were expected of them plus more.  Mason should be fired and I loved how some of the Gopher fans booed them when they entered tghe field. 

Shame on that guy from Minneapolis or w/e Idk who he is but he said the Gophers would win 40-0 and all he did was talk trash about the Bison.

This was a statement game for the Bison.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:11 pm

[user=93]Ming01[/user] wrote:

Shame on that guy from Minneapolis or w/e Idk who he is but he said the Gophers would win 40-0 and all he did was talk trash about the Bison.

Good OLD sid hartman, writes for the star tribune and has radio show. Probably one of the biggest homers in Minnesota and they have a lot of them.

After writing that the Gopher baseball coach was given a new contract and raise, Sid suggested that A.D. Maturi should do the same for assistant coach Rob Fornasiere who he called "the best assistant college baseball coach in the country". I wonder what fans of the SEC, ACC, Big Twelve, and PAC Ten teams think of that comment....

http://homersota.com/
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:24 pm

ndfan wrote:[user=93]Ming01[/user] wrote:

Good OLD sid hartman, writes for the star tribune and has radio show. Probably one of the biggest homers in Minnesota and they have a lot of them.

After writing that the Gopher baseball coach was given a new contract and raise, Sid suggested that A.D. Maturi should do the same for assistant coach Rob Fornasiere who he called "the best assistant college baseball coach in the country". I wonder what fans of the SEC, ACC, Big Twelve, and PAC Ten teams think of that comment....

Oh yeah thats who it was.  I listen to that guy every once in awhile on 710, probably wont anymore.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby the low down » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:20 pm

Ming01 wrote:

Oh yeah thats who it was.  I listen to that guy every once in awhile on 710, probably wont anymore.

Chad Hartman, Sid's junior, is the one on KFAN.  Chad is a great radio personality and was a great T-wolves radio man. Sid, the senior, has a segment every morning on WCCO where it's about as entertaining as his newspaper articles.

At least Sid admitted he was wrong about the Bison in today's article in the Strib. There was lots of praise going on in the media today regarding the Bison.  There is also lots of envy, as the Bison played football yesterday the way it is supposed to be played.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:23 pm

the low down wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

Chad Hartman, Sid's junior, is the one on KFAN.  Chad is a great radio personality and was a great T-wolves radio man. Sid, the senior, has a segment every morning on WCCO where it's about as entertaining as his newspaper articles.

At least Sid admitted he was wrong about the Bison in today's article in the Strib. There was lots of praise going on in the media today regarding the Bison.  There is also lots of envy, as the Bison played football yesterday the way it is supposed to be played.

oops my bad then.  Yeah I'm mixed up.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:26 am

I was at this game and it was a great one. NDSU has a lot to be proud of and the state should be proud of them as well. At the end of the game, even though the Gophers won, they were booing their coach. NDSU on the other hand, lost the game but the fans gave their coach(s) a standing ovation.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges