Fighting Sioux Football 2009

No smack talk is allowed here.

Re: Fighting Sioux Football 2009

Postby sportsking09 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:21 pm

The Schwab wrote:I think this is one of the biggest upsets in the history of North Dakota sports....seriously....NAIA has a scholarship limit of 24....Division 1 AA schools have a scholarship limit of 64....that's almost a 3 to 1 advantage. It's not like UND competed in this game either...they got dismantled by an NAIA school...I am by no means bashing UND with this post...but if I were the athletic director I would be seriously considering "cleaning house".

Yes, we all get your point you bring up in every topic, scholarships, scholarships, and scholarships. yes its a good point and yes UND should have won, but really look at the two teams. Sioux Falls was going into the game winning its last 20 regular season games, they have won 47 of 48 games in the past 4 seasons, and 79 of 80 games since 2001, they also came in outscoring their last 6 opponents over 347-33, they have won 2 national titles in the last 3 years, they are also moving to D2. i agree with you 100% about how the sioux should have won, but as for your biggest upset ever statement? thats ridiculous and if you wanna bash UND and start talking about "cleaning house" why dont you take a stroll an hour or so south of Grand Forks where a certain D1-AA college team plays that has yet to beat ANY D1 college team this season, with their only win coming against a crappy NAIA school. im just trying to get the point across that Sioux Falls is alot better than people give them credit for along with their amazing quarterback.
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:08 pm

sportsking09 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I think this is one of the biggest upsets in the history of North Dakota sports....seriously....NAIA has a scholarship limit of 24....Division 1 AA schools have a scholarship limit of 64....that's almost a 3 to 1 advantage. It's not like UND competed in this game either...they got dismantled by an NAIA school...I am by no means bashing UND with this post...but if I were the athletic director I would be seriously considering "cleaning house".

Yes, we all get your point you bring up in every topic, scholarships, scholarships, and scholarships. yes its a good point and yes UND should have won, but really look at the two teams. Sioux Falls was going into the game winning its last 20 regular season games, they have won 47 of 48 games in the past 4 seasons, and 79 of 80 games since 2001, they also came in outscoring their last 6 opponents over 347-33, they have won 2 national titles in the last 3 years, they are also moving to D2. i agree with you 100% about how the sioux should have won, but as for your biggest upset ever statement? thats ridiculous and if you wanna bash UND and start talking about "cleaning house" why dont you take a stroll an hour or so south of Grand Forks where a certain D1-AA college team plays that has yet to beat ANY D1 college team this season, with their only win coming against a crappy NAIA school. im just trying to get the point across that Sioux Falls is alot better than people give them credit for along with their amazing quarterback.

Alright....I'll give in and reply....First I wasn't bashing UND, but after loosing to an NAIA school (yes i realize they are moving to D2, but they are still NAIA. Secondly, if you know anything about college sports you realize that schollarships mean EVERYTHING, if you dont think they do, go ask SMU (Southern Methodist University). Who recieved the "Death Penalty", first and only time in D1 football, which basically stripped them of 55 scholarships over 4 years. They used to be a powerhouse in football, now they are not. I am not dumb, I realize that Sioux Falls is an amazing NAIA football program and they are dominant. All I am saying is that the boosters of UND can't be impressed with the loss and should be looking for answers as to why they were dominated at home by a school with less then half of their scholarships.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:18 pm

But it's not always about scholarships. Sioux Falls had what, 24 scholarships? Didn't UND have only 36 when they went to Northern Iowa and beat them? And wasn't Northern Iowa like the number 3 team in the country at the time? NDSU has beat Montana when they had 29 less scholarships, and some BCS schools when they had 18 less scholarships. It's not always scholarships, sometimes it's coaching and attitude. Sioux Falls is excellent at both, give them credit.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:36 pm

sportsking09 wrote:Yes, we all get your point you bring up in every topic, scholarships, scholarships, and scholarships. yes its a good point and yes UND should have won, but really look at the two teams. Sioux Falls was going into the game winning its last 20 regular season games, they have won 47 of 48 games in the past 4 seasons, and 79 of 80 games since 2001, they also came in outscoring their last 6 opponents over 347-33, they have won 2 national titles in the last 3 years, they are also moving to D2. i agree with you 100% about how the sioux should have won, but as for your biggest upset ever statement? thats ridiculous and if you wanna bash UND and start talking about "cleaning house" why dont you take a stroll an hour or so south of Grand Forks where a certain D1-AA college team plays that has yet to beat ANY D1 college team this season, with their only win coming against a crappy NAIA school. im just trying to get the point across that Sioux Falls is alot better than people give them credit for along with their amazing quarterback.

There are two FCS schools in ND and only one scheduled an NAIA school. This topic is for Fighting Sioux Football 2009 can you please not bash and lie about the other school in this thread?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am

NDSportsFan wrote:But it's not always about scholarships. Sioux Falls had what, 24 scholarships? Didn't UND have only 36 when they went to Northern Iowa and beat them? And wasn't Northern Iowa like the number 3 team in the country at the time? NDSU has beat Montana when they had 29 less scholarships, and some BCS schools when they had 18 less scholarships. It's not always scholarships, sometimes it's coaching and attitude. Sioux Falls is excellent at both, give them credit.

Again I was not trying to bash UND or Sioux Falls. I realize they are a phenominal team. And if you look at the results of those two other games you mention they were considered HUGE upsets.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:21 am

I know. I just have a feeling that Sioux Falls right now could probably jump up and also beat any DII in the country.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Flip was referring to Wagner College which is a FCS school.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsking09 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:03 pm

Nice, Sioux defeat #18 Cal Poly31-17!, good win for the sioux
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:52 pm

Good Win for the Sioux, seems like the Sioux Falls game was a wake up call. Big win.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:34 am

sorry correction to my previous post, Cal Poly was 16th in the nation not 18th
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:13 am

sportsking09 wrote:

why dont you take a stroll an hour or so south of Grand Forks where a certain D1-AA college team plays that has yet to beat ANY D1 college team this season, with their only win coming against a crappy NAIA school.

Wagner is D-1AA
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking09 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:12 pm

baseball18 wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:

why dont you take a stroll an hour or so south of Grand Forks where a certain D1-AA college team plays that has yet to beat ANY D1 college team this season, with their only win coming against a crappy NAIA school.

Wagner is D-1AA

Sorry, i mistaked the college that is the 7th smallest college to compete at the d1 level with all 2,350 students, i was wrong, either way they are horrible and like no one even knows who they are, hense my mistake, but i thought we were past this argument and were on to congratulating the sioux on beating #16 Cal Poly? i dont want this thread to get locked so just move on with the topic
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:11 pm

sportsking09 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:

Wagner is D-1AA

Sorry, i mistaked the college that is the 7th smallest college to compete at the d1 level with all 2,350 students, i was wrong, either way they are horrible and like no one even knows who they are, hense my mistake, but i thought we were past this argument and were on to congratulating the sioux on beating #16 Cal Poly? i dont want this thread to get locked so just move on with the topic

i believe this forum has a no bash rule for the colleges in ND.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Big win for the Sioux against Southern Oregon (30-24) on Saturday ending their losing streak against NAIA schools. Maybe they can get Mayville and Valley City on the schedule next year and add to their winning streak against NAIA schools.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Flip wrote:Big win for the Sioux against Southern Oregon (30-24) on Saturday ending their losing streak against NAIA schools. Maybe they can get Mayville and Valley City on the schedule next year and add to their winning streak against NAIA schools.

yes indeed big win for the sioux, puts their record at 5-4 overall, ill take that over say a 2-7 or something like that record. The sioux also maintain a tie for the top spot in the great west conference with a 2-1 conference record, at least the sioux are bringing in wins this season, and a win is a win, and a fcs conference is a fcs conference. big game next weekend for the sioux as they will have a conference title showdown in UC Davis. Feels good to be in contention for a conference title. well best of luck to the Fighting Sioux. GO SIOUX!!!!
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges