2006 DAC football

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby ndfan » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:06 am

Don't know if their is anyone who follows DAC football so does anybody have predictions on how the teams will finish this year??

1. Valley City State
2. Jamestown
3. Black Hills state
4. Dickinson State
5. Minot State
6. Dakota State
7. South Dakota Tech
8. Mayville State

I think the top 5 teams have a shot at winning the conference and the other three don't have a shot.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:40 pm

1. Dickinson State
2. Valley City State                                                                                                     
3. Black Hills state
4. Jamestown
5. Minot State
6. Dakota State
7. South Dakota Tech
8. Mayville State

Like you said ndfan 1-5 could take it.  Since they are all very even I will bet on Biesoit.  In a few years I think Jamestown will be the cream of the crop, Dosch has done a great job there, especially when it comes to recruiting the local talent
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:48 pm

Yeah I think the DAC championship could come down to who's QB plays the best this year. Lot of the teams don't have returning starting at that position. I believe the co-conference champs Valley City and Dickinson State lost their starting QB's. Valley City I heard will go between Oksendahl and Beilke. No clue what Dickinson State has. Minot doesn't sound like they have a clear cut QB either. Jamestown I think they bring back their starter and well Mayville I've heard they are bringing in just about anybody who can throw a football. From what I've heard sound like their will be a lot of inexperience at the QB position which will play a major factor on how teams will do this year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsscribe » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:30 pm

Valley City State is right there and with one of the best coaching staffs in all of the NAIA, it would surprise me if they didn't take it.

Dickinson is the question mark of the season. They have a load of tradition and would be surprised if they are down, but they lost a lot. I just don't know.

Black Hills is over rated. I keep hearing about them, but I just don't think they are ready to get into that top 2 or 3 spot.

Minot will need a QB. No surprise there, but Jutras looked better in the second scrimmage and he has tools. They have two solid running backs and a strong line.

Jamestown could have been a top team last year if they could have found about 15 extra points (not PATs!!, however) over the first five games. If this question is asked in a year, I will probably say JC because that program is pointed in the right direction.

Then there is everybody else.

On a side note, is the DAC doomed to beat each other up again like last year and have only one team? Not that they deserved more than one last year, but it has been awhile since it only had one (and, the wrong one went on, IMO)

ndsportsscribe
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm

Dickinson has been ranked as high as 11 in pre-season polls nationally.

They lost a ton of kids.  Valley has a terrorizing D.  BHSU returns a solid core group and Minot has the talent (I don't think Meier played the second scrimmage due to injury).  Jamestown is the wild card team.  They lost several close games last year and had a good recruiting class.  So I guess we agree 1-5 play the games and we will see.
Last edited by Wild Wolves on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:20 pm

i'll be curious what happens early on if jamestown loses one or two close games...the 'here we go again' syndrome.

i'm really curious to see what kelting can do in his junior year (i think) for jc. i think quarterback should be a real strength for the jimmies in the next five years or so with tanner for a couple of years and cudworth waiting in the wings. is erbes going to play qb for jc? if so that creates a really interesting competition in about two years.

i love jc's combination of running backs. eric dirk is a nice shifty back with surprising power to finish runs and morrison complements him nicely.

i think they lose their top receiver from last year (not positive on that) but have some younger options.

offensive line will be anchored by spencer who will be a senior. should be solid as i expect to see some of the edgeley kids make an impact if injuries occur.

speaking of edgeley kids, tim moch really impressed me at times on the defensive line. be interesting to see how he grows.

they lose dan stoudt who was an exceptional overall athlete, but i'm not really sure about how the linebacking corp/defensive backfield is.

i think their kicker was a freshman, so i'm guessing there is no where to go but up. something that could be interesting is if kelting would get hurt, i have no idea who their back up punter is. that is something that could immediately screw up a season.

also, they play mayville twice this season and that should immediately help the ol win-loss record.

is dosch we trust
Last edited by rep on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby ndfan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:06 am

Anybody know when these teams start up practice? It's gotta be soon
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:39 am

VCSU is a steady QB away from taking the 2006 DAC. I'll admit QB is not a great place to have ? but their D should again be solid, and they return a solid core on the offensive side of the ball.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:13 am

[user=26]point/center[/user] wrote:
VCSU is a steady QB away from taking the 2006 DAC. I'll admit QB is not a great place to have ? but their D should again be solid, and they return a solid core on the offensive side of the ball.

I think Beilke will have the starting job right away and Oksendahl should compete for it if his shoulder is healthy enough too. I think they have a solid 1-2 punch at the QB position.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:11 pm

Alex Lundon decided to go to school at Mayville State to play football instead of basketball at Lake Region.  Read that today in the DL Journal.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:29 am

That will be a nice upgrade for Mayville any telling what position he will be playing their?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:42 am

Here is the Article:

Lundon makes the switch to Mayville State

Alex Lundon was goign to play basketball at Lake Region State College this fall, but about two weeks ago he made a big change.

Lundon decided to play football at Mayville State University.

"Mayville seemed more of the place for me," Lundon said. "I really liked Mayville's football coach, and he said I had a chance to play right away."

Mayville head coch Jody Fort was exstatic to hear Lundon signed with him.

"I think that kid's excellent," Ford said.  "He has a lot of tools, and he'll be a tremendous player for us in the next four years."

Last season, Lundon completed 147 passes on 270 attempts for 2,218-yards with 19 touchdowns at quarterback. He also ran 133-yards in 60 attempts with three touchdowns. Lundon also averaged 32-yards per punt.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:00 pm

I also see that Mayville state got a transfer from NDSU in Josh Lee a 6'5 300 lb linemen from Park River. Sounded like he had some academic troubles at NDSU it happens to people. On MaSU roster they have him red shirted so he won't play this year i guess. But it's an excellent pick up for Mayville if they can keep him their.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby homer » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:28 am

erbes is playing strong safety at jc breuer at receiver, griffith at rb they are all redshirting along with 40 some other freshman ( 12 shrinebowlers)
homer

Postby ndbb » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:23 pm

JC had a huge win over D2 SMSU in Marshall. 20-17 in OT.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges