Mon-Dak Updates

Postby bballqueen » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Who are the good teams this year?
JOHN 3:16
bballqueen
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Mon-Dak Updates

Postby eyeinthesky » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:31 pm

bballqueen wrote:Who are the good teams this year?

On the womens side Williston State is very good. I believe they have a 17-1 record going into their game tonight with United Tribes. They have alot of former big name ND high school players on their roster.

On the mens side Bismarck State and Miles City both can light it up.
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastwood99 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:11 pm

I agree,Williston girls are playing some tough basketball. Freshmen Bearstail and Nasset are tearing it up almost every game,Miller is doing pretty good also but is still recovering from surgery.She is not as fast as she use to be.Amber Adams cant do anything else but shoot but they still need her.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDHOOPWATCHER » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:31 pm

I think the Adams girl does alot more than just shoot for Williston. From what I hear she is key to their team. I know she was key for Minot. When we played against Minot in High School, I know she was a definate focus. She is tough to defend, quick first step, and goes to the whole well.
NDHOOPWATCHER
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eastwood99 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:18 am

Ok thats cool and it could be true.But from what I have SEEN,Bearstail is the key for all their success and Nasset down a lot for them down low. But those are our opinions and I respect yours.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDHOOPWATCHER » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:05 pm

I got a chance to see the Williston State/Lake Region game. I have to say that my pick is Lake Region. They totally dominated Williston State. I stand corrected in my last statement. Adams did nothing, but neither did Nasset or Bearstail. Miller was the only prayer they had. This is the first game I seen the Tetons play this year, but I was not impressed. Very disappointing considering all the hype I have been hearing about the Williston girls this year. I hope they learn to play better as a team, and give Miller something to work with.
NDHOOPWATCHER
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportfan2007 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:44 pm

I have had a chance to watch the NDSCS Wildcat men play and let's just say they are awesome. It's not surprising they are nationally ranked....I believe the latest poll put them that at 5th. They have a talented group of players who play extremely well together.
sportfan2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastwood99 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:47 am

i agree they play some tough basketball and i dont think anyone really has a chance to beat them until tournament time when everything changes.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Makotifarmguy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:39 am

Wife and I were at the WSC/LRSC games.

If LRSC women keep playing the way they are and have been playing, nobody and I say nobody is going to stop them. I watched Kallie Erickson (local ND girl) shoot 9-10 on treys. When someone does that your team isn't going to loose.

I love my WCS girls but they don't have the tools to beat LRSC. Only team with those skills is NDSCS, but even with all the talent they have down there they can't put it together. I will disagree with above and say that I thought Adams did play fairly well at LRSC. Miller looked the best though.

LRSC women....wow. that is all I can say. Nicole Wells shoots the trey from 3 feet behind the men's line and nothing but net. Kallie E. shoots the trey and so does that gal from Israel they have. Add in the 6'5" post and 6'3" post (Wirth from Munich) and LRSC just has too many weapons.

I think LRSC ladies have been to the nationals like 4 or 5 times in last 6 years. Can any other Mon-Dak team say that? No wonder their girls transfer to teams like University of Arizona Flagstaff and U of Montana. Gotta hand it to coach Schwab.

Men: NDSCS is awesome, but I don't think they should be ranked. No way in the top 10. LRSC looks pretty tough and didn't they loose to NDSCS by only 13? If this new coach from NDSCS brought up 5 kids from down south how many of our ND kids will see playing time there? Will he continue to recruit down south?

LRSC needs to find a strong parameter shooter and a post player. These international guys can bring in some help but many of the posts don't understand how to play the game with their back to the hoop IMHO.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:32 am

ND Science has had a very strong recruiting pipeline from the twin cities and they weren't really ever keen on picking up ND kids with the pryor coach, mainly due to the lack of JUCO talent with the ND kids. Many of the talented ND kids surpass the JUCO level and go to the four year university because they're typically good students and qualify for the four-year colleges.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby Makotifarmguy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Many of the talented ND kids surpass the JUCO level and go to the four year university because they're typically good students and qualify for the four-year colleges.

They opt to look past JUCO's. Surpass? Might be stretching it. Best ballplayer in the state last year was Luke Martinez IMHO and he is at WSC. Travis Mertens, Ishmail Kareem, etc..

IMHO most of our talented high schoolers should be looking at the JUCO's.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges