SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

No smack talk is allowed here.

SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby sportsking09 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:28 pm

And we'll try this again, i would actually like for a sioux topic to remain open for once, thank you
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:17 pm

It will remain open as long as the posters follow the rules of this site regarding Bison-Sioux threads.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
User avatar
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:53 am
Location: THE Red River Valley Conference

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:23 pm

ok perfect, now that thats over with, we can now look forward to homecoming versus western washington on Oct. 18, before the sioux play going to UC Davis. that should be a good game
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby Olgrz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:57 pm

I see in the paper that Youngstown State was beaten at home by Southern Utah (0-0) (3-3) of the Great West conference this weekend. Any comments that won't get this topic locked?
Olgrz
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:56 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:57 pm

Wow, do you have scores from the game? Southern Utah is better than they have been these last couple years i guess, they also may put up more of a fight than expected for the sioux
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby tcbison » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:29 am

Olgrz wrote:I see in the paper that Youngstown State was beaten at home by Southern Utah (0-0) (3-3) of the Great West conference this weekend. Any comments that won't get this topic locked?


Just so there is no confusion, the game was played in Cedar City, Utah. Youngstown QB was injured early in this game. Nice win for SUU.
User avatar
tcbison
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:39 am

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby sportsking09 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:37 pm

ya nice win for SUU, but a loss is a loss, no matter how you look at it, no coulda, shoulda, woulda. now lets see if the sioux can gain some momentum as their game against SUU approaches, even though i still see either the SIU or the UC Davis game being the best of the season
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Southern Utah appears to be much improved this year, don't discount that fact. They have lost a road game to Air Force, road game to Montana, and a home game to 5-1 Northern Arizona. While they might not find the polls, they don't appear to be the pushover they've been in the past.
User avatar
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 am
Location: Fargo

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:31 pm

sportsking09 wrote:i still see either the SIU or the UC Davis game being the best of the season

SIU could be a good game. UC Davis barely beat Northern Colorado who has one win the last 2 seasons, so I see this one going in favor the Sioux. Its too bad they don't play Cal Poly so they could play 2 ranked teams.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3764
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby sportsking09 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:22 pm

Flip wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:i still see either the SIU or the UC Davis game being the best of the season

SIU could be a good game. UC Davis barely beat Northern Colorado who has one win the last 2 seasons, so I see this one going in favor the Sioux. Its too bad they don't play Cal Poly so they could play 2 ranked teams.


yes, but they also barely lost to montana and they were even closer to beating San Jose State, a subpar FBS team, but lost by 3, so you just never know in football a team can look good one week but look horrible the next, i still think either UC Davis and SIU will be the toughest games for the sioux this season
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:01 pm

sportsking09 wrote: but they also barely lost to montana and they were even closer to beating San Jose State, a subpar FBS team, but lost by 3


What was that you said in an earlier post? oh yeah

sportsking09 wrote:but a loss is a loss, no matter how you look at it, no coulda, shoulda, woulda
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3764
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby sportsking09 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:48 pm

i know what i said, i was just reminding you that even if they may have faltered in a game or two they dont exactly have the easiest schedule, but i know they should have no excuses for any of their losses
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby project-pat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:15 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahaha sportsking he got you there!! Don't try to cover up for yourself..he caught you red handed..
I'm just a soul who's intentions are good..oh lord..please don't let me be missunderstood! What's understood ain't gotta be explained..but you don't understand me so let me explain..
User avatar
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby Ming01 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:54 pm

sportsking09 wrote:i know what i said, i was just reminding you that even if they may have faltered in a game or two they dont exactly have the easiest schedule, but i know they should have no excuses for any of their losses


you can't get yourself out of this one... you sound like a politican

anyways, i heard und and hawaii are in negotiations for a game in 2010
Ming01
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:08 pm

first of all, wow you two are very immature, what are we in the 5th grade. ha, wow. and im not trying to cover anything up, i admitingly said a loss is a loss in football no excuses. but anyways about the hawaii game scheduling, it doesnt suprise because when the sioux do something (go d1 in this case) they go at it 100% and arent scared of scheduling a team the actually does good in the FBS and that shows by the teams they are trying to schedule like texas tech and hawaii,
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:14 pm

I don't think the Southern Utah game will be the easy win that they have been in the past. The last four games of the year will be a lot more difficult than the beginning of their schedule. Even South Dakota in Vermillion will be a big challenge. I'm not saying they won't win, it'll just be a good challenge for them.
User avatar
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 am
Location: Fargo

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby project-pat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:19 pm

sportsking09 wrote:first of all, wow you two are very immature, what are we in the 5th grade. ha, wow. and im not trying to cover anything up, i admitingly said a loss is a loss in football no excuses. but anyways about the hawaii game scheduling, it doesnt suprise because when the sioux do something (go d1 in this case) they go at it 100% and arent scared of scheduling a team the actually does good in the FBS and that shows by the teams they are trying to schedule like texas tech and hawaii,


So they are going to be known as the team that got stomped by Texas Tech next year 56-3...nice publicity...I guess it's good that UND isn't scared to take on these teams..just doesn't look good in the W-L columns :D but whatever works for ya I guess..publicity or success..hmmmm...

oh..and I'm not a 5th grader..thanks..but you were close..I'll give ya that
I'm just a soul who's intentions are good..oh lord..please don't let me be missunderstood! What's understood ain't gotta be explained..but you don't understand me so let me explain..
User avatar
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Let's all play nice please. I'm going to make it so all posts in this area need to be approved if we can't do that.

Thanks
User avatar
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 am
Location: Fargo

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:20 pm

project-pat wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:first of all, wow you two are very immature, what are we in the 5th grade. ha, wow. and im not trying to cover anything up, i admitingly said a loss is a loss in football no excuses. but anyways about the hawaii game scheduling, it doesnt suprise because when the sioux do something (go d1 in this case) they go at it 100% and arent scared of scheduling a team the actually does good in the FBS and that shows by the teams they are trying to schedule like texas tech and hawaii,


So they are going to be known as the team that got stomped by Texas Tech next year 56-3...nice publicity...I guess it's good that UND isn't scared to take on these teams..just doesn't look good in the W-L columns :D but whatever works for ya I guess..publicity or success..hmmmm...

oh..and I'm not a 5th grader..thanks..but you were close..I'll give ya that


everyone was excpecting appalachain state to get beat by michigan, but look what happened. and it may not look good in the w-l column for the sioux if they get beat but it at least shows that they are confident in their team and it also gives them an upper hand, because after playing texas tech, most of the other teams wont be nearly as hard to beat as texas tech, so i only see good coming out of this for the sioux. win or lose you still get your name out there for having the confidence in playing harder teams and not staying back and scheduling push over teams, and really in the sioux's case it is a win - win situation because, if they lose, oh well just another FCS team getting beat by an FBS team, and if they win it would be one of the biggest upsets in college football history. so best of the luck to the sioux against texas tech and possibly hawaii. GO SIOUX!!!!!!
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:45 pm

It doesn't really matter how they do against Texas Tech, when UND goes to recruit athletes with the talent to play at the FCS level they are going to want to tell the kids that they will be able to get a chance to play in front of 60K or more stadiums. That's the point. That is how you schedule during a transition period when you aren't playoff eligible, good job for them to be able to recognize that.
User avatar
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 am
Location: Fargo

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby cubsfan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:57 pm

sportsking09 wrote:[
everyone was excpecting appalachain state to get beat by michigan, but look what happened. and it may not look good in the w-l column for the sioux if they get beat but it at least shows that they are confident in their team and it also gives them an upper hand, because after playing texas tech, most of the other teams wont be nearly as hard to beat as texas tech, so i only see good coming out of this for the sioux. win or lose you still get your name out there for having the confidence in playing harder teams and not staying back and scheduling push over teams, and really in the sioux's case it is a win - win situation because, if they lose, oh well just another FCS team getting beat by an FBS team, and if they win it would be one of the biggest upsets in college football history. so best of the luck to the sioux against texas tech and possibly hawaii. GO SIOUX!!!!!!

One of the downfalls of playing a team like Texas Tech would be the injuries. Playing against people who will be physically stronger and faster makes the chance of injuries significantly greater.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:19 pm

I agree that injuries are a concern, however since they aren't going to be trying to stay healthy for the playoffs, more importance is then placed on putting up a good fight with Texas Tech. The focus of their season is changed.
User avatar
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 am
Location: Fargo

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Scheduling Texas Tech and Hawaii probably helps recruiting, but I don't think you get much better getting stomped on. I think you get better by playing better teams and competing, and unless Texas Tech loses a lot off of this years team UND won't compete. And nobody should make Hawaii out to be this almighty team either. They're traditionaly a good team in a gawd awful conference. They had a good season last year playing a bunch cream puffs in their non-conference and beating every team in their poor conference.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3764
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Flip wrote:Scheduling Texas Tech and Hawaii probably helps recruiting, but I don't think you get much better getting stomped on. I think you get better by playing better teams and competing, and unless Texas Tech loses a lot off of this years team UND won't compete. And nobody should make Hawaii out to be this almighty team either. They're traditionaly a good team in a gawd awful conference. They had a good season last year playing a bunch cream puffs in their non-conference and beating every team in their poor conference.


good point...look what happened when they got put up against a good team (Georgia)
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: SIOUX FOOTBALL 2008-2009

Postby project-pat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:34 pm

Ok you can't say it's a win-win situation for the Sioux..sure they will get their name out there for playing a big name school but IF they do go out and embarass themselves..what about the morale of the players? Do you think they are all going to leave the game saying "Wow..I don't even care that I just embarassed myself in front of the entire nation..I just played TEXAS TECH!! I'm so star struck!!" I think all this loss would show is just that I am inferior to the rest of the country and I have no chance continuing my career after UND..I used to think most football players actually wanted to play with their competition and keep the game fun and challenging..not schedule way stronger teams, get embarassed, and then only care about the publicity you gained from being "the little train engine that could..but couldn't!"
I'm just a soul who's intentions are good..oh lord..please don't let me be missunderstood! What's understood ain't gotta be explained..but you don't understand me so let me explain..
User avatar
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Fargo

Next

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests