Sioux Football

No smack talk is allowed here.

Sioux Football

Postby sportsking09 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Ok this is the new one since the last one got locked, and i guess not talking smack about that bison, at least not too much, haha, just kidding
sioux football only
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Re: Sioux Football

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:21 pm

I'm an NDSU alum, but in the long run I think that the DI move will help football more than any other sport at UND. Alot hinges on whether or not they are able to find a conference as their transition expires. In the past few years, DII was getting too watered down with small schools and by scheduling schools like Texas Tech, will keep the stadium packed throughout the year. I think that by having such fertile recruiting grounds as Minnesota and Wisconsin nearby with only one major college football school in both states ensures that the Dakotas will continue to find enough recruits to stay at the top.

It will be fun to watch how UND handles being the underdog in their future matchups with FCS and FBS teams. Somthing they haven't had to deal with much in the past years.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby UND9296 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:33 pm

The thing about UND is that compared to probably all of the other ex-dII's who have moved up recently, they've probably been the most consistent winner at the dII level in terms of the decade or so leading up to the move. Whether that means anything remains to be seen. I'm going to leave the NDSU comparisons out of this thread because we all know where that discussion inevitably leads, but even the most ardent UND-hater would have to admit that if a perennial NCC middle-of-the-road program like SDSU can be a pretty consistent winner at the FCS level so soon, then there's not much reason to believe that UND can't AT LEAST equal that level of success within the next couple of years.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:41 pm

UND9296 wrote:The thing about UND is that compared to probably all of the other ex-dII's who have moved up recently, they've probably been the most consistent winner at the dII level in terms of the decade or so leading up to the move. Whether that means anything remains to be seen. I'm going to leave the NDSU comparisons out of this thread because we all know where that discussion inevitably leads, but even the most ardent UND-hater would have to admit that if a perennial NCC middle-of-the-road program like SDSU can be a pretty consistent winner at the FCS level so soon, then there's not much reason to believe that UND can't AT LEAST equal that level of success within the next couple of years.

i couldnt agree with you more, and i think the sioux will have no problem finding a new conference to fit into. i think now since its the first year it may seem like it is going to be hard but i think after they prove themselves it shouldnt be too hard. and a question i have is when can the sioux start being ranked in the top 25 coaches poll, like do they have to be in d-1aa a certain number of years or what?
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:41 am

UND9296 wrote:if a perennial NCC middle-of-the-road program like SDSU can be a pretty consistent winner at the FCS level so soon, then there's not much reason to believe that UND can't AT LEAST equal that level of success within the next couple of years.

Or UND might be the next Northern Colorado.

sportsking09 wrote:i think the sioux will have no problem finding a new conference to fit into.

Why do you think this? I could see UND getting into the Missouri Valley Football Conference they currently only have 9 teams iirc, but I don't see any logical fits for their other sports.

sportsking09 wrote:question i have is when can the sioux start being ranked in the top 25 coaches poll

Next week.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby UND9296 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:41 am

Flip wrote:
UND9296 wrote:Or UND might be the next Northern Colorado.

Northern Colorado was quite inconsistent even as a dII program. They were great at times, but they never sustained a high-level of success over a long period of time like UND has done since the early 1990's. UNC is the exception to the rule that a successful dII program won't transition smoothly to FCS. For whatever reason, they've obviously been an absolute trainwreck.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:40 am

i dont know if the sioux could get into the missouri valley football conference because i read a statement on the sioux trying to get in their and the president of head of the mvfc said at this time they dont see any point of adding another new team like und or south dakota but it could be a possibilty, so i dont know its probably a 50/50 chance or maybe worse
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:36 pm

sportsking09 wrote:i dont know if the sioux could get into the missouri valley football conference because i read a statement on the sioux trying to get in their and the president of head of the mvfc said at this time they dont see any point of adding another new team like und or south dakota but it could be a possibilty, so i dont know its probably a 50/50 chance or maybe worse

For the Sioux and Coyotes to make it into the Missouri Valley Football Conference, someone would have to leave at this point. Maybe if Indiana State goes to nonscholarhip football they might get a look. 9 teams in a conference is just perfect. 8 conference games and 3 OOC games. Almost every MVFC team plays a FBS game which only leaves 2 more games to schedule.
Last edited by tcbison on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:59 pm

so now the question i have is which conference will they go into when their transition is over, or are they going to stay put in the great west conference, because i dont really see room in an other division
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Sioux seal the deal agaisnt the st. cloud huskies with a 31-17 victory. the sioux are now 2-0 on the season and will the potato bowl next week
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:42 am

Did anyone catch how they listed UND's score on ESPN?? On the scroll bar on the bottom of the screen it was St Cloud 17 Grand Fork 31. Didn't even get the city name right! You'd think they'd at least research it a bit and get the university name on there.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:21 pm

Their website is about that bad sometimes too.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby champs0607 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:48 pm

brady trenbeath is a man!!!!
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:10 pm

this next game should be a blowout with the sioux playing wisconsin-lacrosse(division 3) so the game i am looking forward to is the idaho state game which will the the sioux's first time playing a d1-aa team while they are d1-aa, should be a good match up but im expecting the sioux to come out on top because the bengals just dont look that good to me, finishing 3-8 last year
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:09 pm

this game could be closer than i thought, i just read that wisconsin lacrosse(division 3) upset South Dakota State(d1-aa) in brookings, south dakota in the 2006-2007 season, so we may be in for a little( but i doubt it) suprise
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm

and as expected UND crushes wisconsin-lacrosse,the d-3 team. good job fighting sioux winning 45-7 to extend the record to 3-0-0, nice. they did a good job getting their backups in and i liked what i saw. looks like the sioux are going to have quite a football team the next couple of years, GO SIOUX!!!!
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:20 pm

UND looking good against Wisconsin-Lacrose is like NDSU men looking good vs Mayville in basketball. It means nothing.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:24 pm

Flip wrote:UND looking good against Wisconsin-Lacrose is like NDSU men looking good vs Mayville in basketball. It means nothing.

hey now...no mayville bashing.....not cool
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby straightballer » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:46 pm

Can anyone tell me where Ryan Chappell is this year. The man rushed for almost 1700 yards last year and now he isnt in a Sioux jersey. Where did he go?
straightballer

Postby The Schwab » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:41 pm

[quote="straightballer"]Can anyone tell me where Ryan Chappell is this year. The man rushed for almost 1700 yards last year and now he isnt in a Sioux jersey. Where did he go?[/quote)

grades
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:56 pm

ineligible because of bad grades, but could be back next year(hopefully)
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 am

sportsking09 wrote:ineligible because of bad grades, but could be back next year(hopefully)

We don't need that stuff on here*...EDIT by MOD
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:02 pm

even though if he werent to return, i think murray is a very promising back and caitlin solum looked pretty good to me, but could use some work
and this coming week will be the first true test for the sioux as they play their first fcs team since going into the fcs, taking on idaho state, should be good
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stromer » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:13 pm

sportsking09 wrote:even though if he werent to return, i think murray is a very promising back and caitlin solum looked pretty good to me, but could use some work
and this coming week will be the first true test for the sioux as they play their first fcs team since going into the fcs, taking on idaho state, should be good

I hope not. I know UND has a short week and is on the road but I will be dissapointed with anything less than a 14-17 point win. Idaho St. isn't very good. They got beat pretty soundly by Idaho (very bad FBS team and also a team most UND and NDSU fans think UND will beat when they play each other in the next couple of years) earlier in the year. I hope we play up to our ability.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:58 pm

i just hope the sioux dont get nervous or freaked out and dont play to their full potential. I think if everything clicks and fruend is on, along with murray's running game, the sioux should have no problem pounding to idaho state
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges