ND's 2-Year Schools..How they looking?

No smack talk is allowed here.

ND's 2-Year Schools..How they looking?

Postby Makotifarmguy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi all: Just wondering how the 2 year schools are coming along? Here's what I have heard thus far from the tractor seat.

NDSCS: Girls look really tough. Heard they got some top notch players out of the cities. don't know anything about the men's program.

WSC: Can't wait to see Hunter with the boys program. The girls need a strong post, but it is great that we will see Ms. Basketball on that floor. Neil and Nathan will hopefully shoot the lights out of that place this year.

BSC: Knife...the guy shot the lights out when I saw him last. Can't wait to see this kid again.

LRSC: This will be interesting with Graupe gone, however Curt Herman is a top notch individual and I am sure Graupe didn't leave with hanging. I really liked how their point guard played this past year. I think his name is Moody. He was fun to watch. I am sure Schwab will have his big girl back again along with a number of shooters in the group.

Bottineau: rumor hear was Tony Ironheart was trying to get on up there? Can anyone confirm?

I listened to the LRSC when they played Indian Hills to try and go to Nationals and then watched the olympics a couple of days ago and the starting guard for Indian Hills was the starting guard for the Australian olympic team!! He was guarding Kobe!!!

This is by far ND's best kep secret.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Re: ND's 2-Year Schools..How they looking?

Postby Flip » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:43 pm

Bottineau lost to NDSCS in football 67-0, I think, Thursday. Pretty sure it's Bottineau first season playing football.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:52 am

First season since 1960. It will take them a while to build a team. I'm just glad to see football back at Bottineau.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Am I missing something cuz i have never heard of an indian hills school in ND. how would he be the best kept secret if he doesnt play here?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby old lineman » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:49 pm

The Lumber cat game was onesided, the Lumberjack defense held the cats a couple times, the Jacks got a few first Downs. Cats have a lot more speed and depth than the upstart Jacks. The Jacks have 30 ND kids on the roster where the cats have 17. It is a different program with the cats to move kids to the next level, the Jacks are looking to give the locals a chance to play. The cats are an excellent program with a lot of real good athletes. The lumber Jacks will do much better in the later part of there season. Keep you heads up Jacks. When you give up 4 touchdowns on punt returns that will be easy to fix.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:16 am

I am almost positive Knife transfered up to MSU-Bott this year, and he and his sis signed commitments to U-Mary for next year i am pretty sure.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Makotifarmguy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:23 am

Am I missing something cuz i have never heard of an indian hills school in ND. how would he be the best kept secret if he doesnt play here?

My apologies, I meant to say our 2-year schools are ND's best kept secrets. Whether it is football or basketball or any other sport for that matter.

I spoke about Indian Hills because I think there are a fair number of people out there that believe our ND 2 yr schools are nothing more than just a short step up in high school in terms of athletics and the strength of their programs. Not true by any means IMHO. I don't think people realize the level of ability needed to play at the 2 year schools. It isn't like when I went to college. It isn't grade 13 anymore. Much different calibur of players now. Just ask UND after their exhibiton game at the Betty against LRSC last year.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:05 am

Hinsa wrote:First season since 1960. It will take them a while to build a team. I'm just glad to see football back at Bottineau.

There were a couple of Bottineau scouts a the Divide County - Westhope game this week. It's good the see the ND boys getting some attention.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:52 am

Saucesauer wrote:I am almost positive Knife transfered up to MSU-Bott this year, and he and his sis signed commitments to U-Mary for next year i am pretty sure.

I'm pretty sure you can't sign any athletic letter for a couple a months.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ball23 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:08 pm

Flip wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:I am almost positive Knife transfered up to MSU-Bott this year, and he and his sis signed commitments to U-Mary for next year i am pretty sure.

I'm pretty sure you can't sign any athletic letter for a couple a months.

Knife did transfer to MSU-B, the bismarck tribune jus said that they both verballed to Mary.
ball23

Postby Jacks56 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:08 pm

How about the Lumberjacks Football team, what does the public think of them so far? I know its hard to tell right now. If you ask me, there defense looks like they could have some potential to be a really big part of this program.
Jacks56
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:41 am

Jacks56 wrote:How about the Lumberjacks Football team, what does the public think of them so far? I know its hard to tell right now. If you ask me, there defense looks like they could have some potential to be a really big part of this program.

I have a feeling BHS and South could beat them, and the 3-5 teams in the state would give them a dang good run.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby old lineman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:08 pm

The Jacks are dong just fine they have a good bunch of kids. As for getting beat buy the BHS orFargo South, that could be becuase they have payed together for years. The boys up north did a good job against the Fergus Falls CC and They played Concordia's JV's even, just could not score. But keep in mind that Concordias JV had 68 players on the field and alot of sophmores that have played together for a year. The Jacks will do just fine, most have never played at a college level before.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballernation » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:28 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Jacks56 wrote:How about the Lumberjacks Football team, what does the public think of them so far? I know its hard to tell right now. If you ask me, there defense looks like they could have some potential to be a really big part of this program.

I have a feeling BHS and South could beat them, and the 3-5 teams in the state would give them a dang good run.

south and bhs could prolly give them a game, but it is a stretch to say the 3-5 teams would give them a game.
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jacks56 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:34 pm

ballernation wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

south and bhs could prolly give them a game, but it is a stretch to say the 3-5 teams would give them a game.

Yeah, i wouldn't stretch to say south or bhs could beat them. or the whole 3-5 thing. MSU-B is actually a good team believe it or not.
Jacks56
NDPreps Reserve

Postby poweraidman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:24 pm

NDSCS's mens basketball team is like 15-0 or something
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges