baseball, softball

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby rep » Mon May 01, 2006 4:13 pm

the dac softball and baseball tournaments begin this week...anyone have any predictions?

dickinson state has the top seed in both tournament, and while i'm a graduate from there, i can only home it for one of the teams winning the tourney.

from everything i've seen their softball team should absolutely dominate. i don't think they will have any trouble at all.

but the baseball tournament could be interesting. but i think that they won the regular season title in a rather shady way (intentional or not, i can't say) and i think that jamestown college will either take it. my 'darkhorse' is mayville state. it seems rather funny to me that they are third in the dac, but i'm sure they are as dangerous as ever.

thoughts?
rep

Postby ndfan » Mon May 01, 2006 4:47 pm

Is the tournament played in Dickinson then? I would have to say Mayville is the team to beat. It doesn't matter how they finish in the league, it always seems like they play their best when tournament time comes around so I would look for them to be the team to look for.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon May 01, 2006 5:01 pm

not a clue as to where the games would be played...not sure if there is one site for all the games or if the first games are played at a higher seed or if the games are at a rotating site...not really hip to the intricacies of the dac.
rep

Postby rep » Wed May 03, 2006 10:30 am

softball is up in minot while baseball is in madison, sd
rep

Postby jimmie44 » Wed May 03, 2006 11:21 am

[font=tahoma][font=trebuchet ms]I'm gonna put my money on the Jimmies(baseball), although I might be a little partial.  ;) They should have been conference champs too, but due to a technicality the Blue Hawks won the 'ship.  We'll see who shows up for the tourneys though!  GO JIMMIES[/font]![/font] 

jimmie44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sun May 07, 2006 1:28 pm

Dickinson beat Jamestown 12-10 in semi finals
Dakota State beats Jamestown 8-3 in loser out game
Dickinson beats Dakota State 7-6 for the DAC championship
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges