Sioux Football

No smack talk is allowed here.

Sioux Football

Postby berry186 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:08 am

GRAND FORKS (AP) — University of North Dakota standout running back Ryan Chappell is academically ineligible to play this coming season.

UND football coach Chris Mussman said in a statement that Chappell will remain on the team. He was to begin his junior season this fall.

Mussman did not return a message Tuesday from The Associated Press. Chappell was not at the number listed in a UND directory and could not be reached for comment.

Chappell, 21, was UND’s leading rusher last season, gaining 1,640 yards and scoring 14 touchdowns. He averaged 136 rushing yards a game. Chappell also caught 22 passes for 370 yards.

Chappell set UND’s single-game rushing record last September by gaining 306 yards against Central Washington.

He is a 2005 graduate of Grand Forks Central High School.
User avatar
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:39 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: Sioux Football

Postby Baller » Wed May 21, 2008 10:15 am

More playing time for Solum
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: Sioux Football

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:35 am

This will put a lot more pressure on Danny Freund
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: Sioux Football

Postby UND9296 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:47 am

There's no question that Chappell's absence will hurt, but his backup last year was true freshman Josh Murray, who averaged 5.6 yards per carry. Solum should be in the mix also, and there's a freshman running back from Wisconsin coming in who was the WI Gatorade player of the year last season. Chappell's speed really can't be replaced, but there are definitely some other capable backs on the roster.
Last edited by UND9296 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Sioux Football

Postby #50mandan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:31 pm

will the sioux defense be strong this year?
ill do it
User avatar
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:26 pm

Re: Sioux Football

Postby NoDakSports » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:32 pm

#50mandan wrote:will the sioux defense be strong this year?


No Bobby Stroup will be a huge sore spot for the linebacker corps
NoDakSports
 

Re: Sioux Football

Postby UND Fan » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:16 am

Stroup will be missed but the coaching staff has high hopes that Ryan Kasowski (the sophomore from GF Central) can be very good at that position.
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:18 pm

Re: Sioux Football

Postby #50mandan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:36 am

will broc bellmore be gettin alot of playing time this year? will stroup be able to play next season?
ill do it
User avatar
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:26 pm

Re: Sioux Football

Postby Stromer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:04 pm

#50mandan wrote:will broc bellmore be gettin alot of playing time this year? will stroup be able to play next season?



Stroup got kicked off the team so he won't be back next year. The loss of him will hurt for sure, but he also was prone to dumb late hits, offsides, and things of that nature. I think they will be alright.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
User avatar
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: The house that Ralph built

Re: Sioux Football

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:44 pm

I am a die hard sioux fan but i am sad to say i think this season might not be what we sioux fans are used to( the 10+ wins seasons every year) and i am going to say the sioux finish 7-3 or 8-2, so i guess not to bad but just not as pretty as i hope
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Sioux Football

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 pm

YES!!! sioux win their FCS opener,40-14 over texas a&m kingsville, it was a real nail biter(not) 40-14
Last edited by sportsking09 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Sioux Football

Postby Flip » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:22 am

Just by looking at their schedule I only see one tough game and that is at S. Illinois and I wouldn't be surprised if they won that game. Now if they are actually around the 20th best team in d2, if they were still d2, they could have some problems in some other games.

So quick question:
If the Sioux were d2 where would they be ranked?

Edit: One more thing, why doesn't UND play Cal Poly? Both teams have two open weeks, and both have Oct. 11 open.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Sioux Football

Postby UND9296 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:54 am

Flip wrote:Just by looking at their schedule I only see one tough game and that is at S. Illinois and I wouldn't be surprised if they won that game. Now if they are actually around the 20th best team in d2, if they were still d2, they could have some problems in some other games.

So quick question:
If the Sioux were d2 where would they be ranked?

Edit: One more thing, why doesn't UND play Cal Poly? Both teams have two open weeks, and both have Oct. 11 open.

UND had Cal Poly scheduled, but the Great West Conference didn't want Poly's playoff chances jeopardized by playing two non-counters (UND and USD), so they voided the contract. As such, UND plays UC-Davis but not Cal Poly, and USD plays Cal Poly but not UC-Davis this year.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Sioux Football

Postby sportsking09 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:48 pm

wow, this season is going to be pretty boring if the sioux beat everyone that bad, lets actually get some competetion besides southern illinois on this schedule:wink: haha GO SIOUX!!!
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Sioux Football

Postby baseball18 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:00 am

some of my friends go to und and they said they looked pathetic... they said they think they'll lose 4 games this season, maybe one more. I heard the did not look that impressive against a decent DII team. I'mnot trying to talk smack here, but this was just a DII game.. The Sioux beat a DII team,,, FCS isn;t that easy
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: Sioux Football

Postby sportsking09 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:12 pm

of course they are going to look alittle out of it, they had alot riding on this: it was their first game of the season, their coaches first game as new head coach, first division-1AA (FCS) game, and they were playing in front of the biggest season opening game crowd since the alerus center opened. trust me, im almost positive they will shake off the jitters and do very well this season, losing 2 maybe 3 games, everyone is nervous the first couple of games in new territory, but next year is going to be harsh. the sioux are showing us they have balls and they have scheduled texas tech. for a game next year, but at least they have the balls to schedule games with good teams unlike someone else(cough the Bison)
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Sioux Football

Postby baseball18 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:40 pm

sportsking09 wrote:of course they are going to look alittle out of it, they had alot riding on this: it was their first game of the season, their coaches first game as new head coach, first division-1AA (FCS) game, and they were playing in front of the biggest season opening game crowd since the alerus center opened. trust me, im almost positive they will shake off the jitters and do very well this season, losing 2 maybe 3 games, everyone is nervous the first couple of games in new territory, but next year is going to be harsh. the sioux are showing us they have balls and they have scheduled texas tech. for a game next year, but at least they have the balls to schedule games with good teams unlike someone else(cough the Bison)


you obviously have no idea what you are talking about... all of your statements are just talking points... look at UND schedule this year... Texas A&M-Kingsville, St. Clloud, Wisconsin-La Crosse (a D3 team), Idaho St and SE Louisiana (both worse than Ball St.), W. Wash, and USD... very weak schedule but you guys do have SIU, UC-Davis i weill give you props for that... but you're talking like you have the greatest schedule out there... at least the Bison never scheduled a D3 opponent... you have no idea what you're talking about
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: Sioux Football

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 am

sportsking09 wrote:they have the balls to schedule games with good teams

Name them. You said they have Texas Tech scheduled, who are these other "good" teams.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Sioux Football

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:40 pm

ok sorry i ment TEAM, not teams, but anyway thats interesting baseball18. yah thats pretty bad that UND scheduled a d-3 school, and guess what your right that the bison never did. you should go look at the bison's first transition year schedule because it is almost identical to the sioux's in difficulty except guess what... the bison scheduled an NAIA college team,hahahahahahahahahahaha thats even lower and worse than division 3. yah goood ole Montana Tech, a nice NAIA school, dont get much lower than that unless you wanna play high school teams. sounds like i know what I'M talking about but not it doesnt sound like you know what you are talking about, so maybe you should do your homework before you argue, hahaha go play baseball at the agricultural college(ndsu) and have fun growing plants

P.S. NAIA school is lower than d-3, NAIA school is lower than d-3 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and i gaurentee the sioux do 100 times better record wise and in scheduling oppents than the bison did(NAIA is lower than d-3)
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Sioux Football

Postby The Schwab » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 am

sportsking09 wrote:ok sorry i ment TEAM, not teams, but anyway thats interesting baseball18. yah thats pretty bad that UND scheduled a d-3 school, and guess what your right that the bison never did. you should go look at the bison's first transition year schedule because it is almost identical to the sioux's in difficulty except guess what... the bison scheduled an NAIA college team,hahahahahahahahahahaha thats even lower and worse than division 3. yah goood ole Montana Tech, a nice NAIA school, dont get much lower than that unless you wanna play high school teams. sounds like i know what I'M talking about but not it doesnt sound like you know what you are talking about, so maybe you should do your homework before you argue, hahaha go play baseball at the agricultural college(ndsu) and have fun growing plants

P.S. NAIA school is lower than d-3, NAIA school is lower than d-3 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and i gaurentee the sioux do 100 times better record wise and in scheduling oppents than the bison did(NAIA is lower than d-3)


Just because a school is an NAIA school doesn't mean they are lower than a D-3....they are different affiliations. And your bashing of one of the great programs in the history of N.D. athletics is getting old...support both schools.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: Sioux Football

Postby Flip » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:32 am

sportsking09 wrote:sounds like i know what I'M talking about...

no it doesn't

sportsking09 wrote:bison's first transition year schedule because it is almost identical to the sioux's in difficulty

Bison played 9 division 1 schools, UND is going to play 7

sportsking09 wrote:NAIA school is lower than d-3

Tell that Minnesota State, Moorhead. Is NAIA lower than D3 in all sports or just football?
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3761
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Sioux Football

Postby sportsking09 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:39 am

Flip you siad the Bison played 9 division 1 schools, UND is going to play 7. ya ok but UND still has 2 open dates that they could have scheduled but no team had any open dates or didnt want to risk playing a team that would jepordize their playoff chances,but chances they owuld have scheduled other d-1 teams if they could have, but come on, at least they didnt schedule an NAIA school
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Sioux Football

Postby UND9296 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:54 am

Flip wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:sounds like i know what I'M talking about...

no it doesn't

sportsking09 wrote:bison's first transition year schedule because it is almost identical to the sioux's in difficulty

Bison played 9 division 1 schools, UND is going to play 7

sportsking09 wrote:NAIA school is lower than d-3

Tell that Minnesota State, Moorhead. Is NAIA lower than D3 in all sports or just football?

The primary difference between UND's first-year dI schedule and NDSU's is that at that time, all Great West schools actually played each other, i.e. the league didn't butt in and void contracts like it did this year, and the league contained one additional school (Northern Colorado). UND's schedule is probably about as good as could reasonably be expected under the circumstances.

And for anybody ripping UND for playing a dIII, keep in mind that Wisconsin-LaCrosse, who UND is playing in two weeks, beat SDSU in Brookings two years ago.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:47 pm


Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests