Jamestown College

No smack talk is allowed here.

Jamestown College

Postby EDC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:55 pm

I thought this could be a place for Jimmie fans to comment. What I have seen is more and more Fargo athletes committing to Jamestown. That makes it fun. Jamestown has positioned itself to attract more of the North Dakota student/athletes. UND and NDSU are out of reach for most area athletes so I see more and more athletes chosing between Mary, Moorhead and Jamestown.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Jamestown College

Postby andy_7 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:46 am

Yes Jamestown is getting more recruits from Fargo but what they really are doing is recruiting hard in the bigger towns in Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, and Canada. I know guys who play football who are from Winnipeg, Andover MN(suberb of minneapolis), bloomington mn and Tempe AZ. Not to mention all of the canadian recruits for baseball which is all most the whole team.
andy_7

Postby eyeinthesky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:19 am

Jamestown College seems to do a much better job than most DAC schools of getting quality North Dakota athletes. I am only really speaking about their basketball teams since I don't follow the other sports very closely.

Being close to Fargo does help with NDSU and UND going D1. Most athletes in our State can not compete at the D1 level. This does put Jamestown, VC, Mayville, U-Mary, Bemidji State, UM-Crookston Moorhead State and Northern State in a better position to recruit the Red River Valley schools.

So how/why does Jamestown College seem to do a better job of have rosters with numerious ND kids (and still have teams that are competitive for conference titles) were as other DAC schools seem to have rosters full of kids from Chicago, AZ, CA and other far off Junior Colleges??
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:20 pm

North Dakota kids are outnumbered 1000 to 1 by out of staters who don't have the qualifications to play DI, who can't afford private schools, and who would like to play beyond junior college. Can you find a four year state college in Florida that will offer them four years of football at the NAIA level? There simply is no where else for most of them to go but up here.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Its simple Private schools recruit better then public schools :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby EDC » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:01 am

Kayla Roemmich is going to Jamestown College. What were/are her injuries and what is the time table for her to play at Jamestown? Seems to me that if she can come back all the way health wise that she will be very valuable. What other colleges recruited her? Thanks
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:07 am

ndfan wrote:Its simple Private schools recruit better then public schools :)

Probably a lot of truth to your statement. Private schools need students to stay open so they do treat students and parents better and value them more. Jamestown has to do this with a limited budget. If Jamestown College could find a way to get more High School students actually on campus their enrollment would go way up. The problem is that Jamestown is not even on the radar screen for many. If a college coach can get a recruit on campus their chances of landing that player go way up. Jamestown has a beautiful campus with staff that really does care - very helpful.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eyeinthesky » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:35 am

EDC wrote:Kayla Roemmich is going to Jamestown College. What were/are her injuries and what is the time table for her to play at Jamestown? Seems to me that if she can come back all the way health wise that she will be very valuable. What other colleges recruited her? Thanks

She suffered a knee injury very early in the season this past year. I believe she has a bit of a history with various leg injuries. When she did start to play a bit at tournament time it appeared to me that "conditioning" is going to be an on-going issue with her also.

I'm not sure how many college coaches had an interest in her after the last injury. Besides, when you get her you are also getting her father.....
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby andy_7 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:49 pm

i dont think it will be that much of a problem because her brother is playing basketball for jamestown alreatty.
andy_7

Postby eyeinthesky » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:12 am

andy_7 wrote:i dont think it will be that much of a problem because her brother is playing basketball for jamestown alreatty.

Does he even dress and sit on the bench?
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby andy_7 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:28 am

I'm not sure, all I know is that he is on the team.
andy_7

Postby EDC » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:48 pm

Jamestown Jimmie women play at both NDSU and UND this coming year. Any predictions?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:27 pm

EDC wrote:Jamestown Jimmie women play at both NDSU and UND this coming year. Any predictions?

There really isn't a whole lot to predict. These are simply going to be walk through games for both the men and women's team.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby flatlander » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:
EDC wrote:Jamestown Jimmie women play at both NDSU and UND this coming year. Any predictions?

There really isn't a whole lot to predict. These are simply going to be walk through games for both the men and women's team.

Are NDSU's men playing Jamestown? That would probably get ugly. I'd expect UND's women to stomp the JC women in their game too.

As for UND's men, no idea, but the DAC has had some success against UND so Jamestown probably has a shot there. No idea with NDSU's women. NDSU has a new coach and five seniors graduated this year. I'd say that Jamestown has a chance if NDSU doesn't come together quickly (I'm guessing this is an early season game).
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:34 pm

Jamestown has more ND kids playing football and basketball than any other Dac 10 school I would bet. The Dac 10 comvp was a ND kid that is great to see. Jimmies also have other kids too, but a good local group.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old lineman » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 pm

NAIA PLAYER OF THE WEEK DAC PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Congrats to Josh Kittel of Garrison threw for a bunch of yards and 5 or 6 TD's in about 3 quarters of football. His favorite reciever for the week was from Beulah ND. Dac football does not get any better than that. It is great to see the teams in the Dac and the ND small town boys do very well.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby homer » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:39 pm

old lineman wrote:NAIA PLAYER OF THE WEEK DAC PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Congrats to Josh Kittel of Garrison threw for a bunch of yards and 5 or 6 TD's in about 3 quarters of football. His favorite reciever for the week was from Beulah ND. Dac football does not get any better than that. It is great to see the teams in the Dac and the ND small town boys do very well.

You are right old lineman plus the top three leaders in tackles.... sailer-lamoure,erbes-richland,keenan-wyndmere all small town boys
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:39 pm

How will the Jimmie men's basketball team be this year? They dominated the DAC in the early 2000's under Huse, took a step back in the mid-2000's with Trumbuar but rebounded last year to win the Dac and took a trip to the nationals....they lost Holen, Iverson, and others off that team.....what is their prognosis for 08-09?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby homer » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:41 pm

nice win for the jimmies volleyball team tonight against und winning in 5 games und was 12-0 coming in. and no they didnt play their jv team
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:50 pm

homer wrote:nice win for the jimmies volleyball team tonight against und winning in 5 games und was 12-0 coming in. and no they didnt play their jv team

Great win for JC. Congrats! Where are most of JC players from?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:52 pm

VC Vikings vs JC Jimmies football this Saturday. Who is favored? VC beat MSUM is and JC is 1-1 is about all I know. Anybody have any stories to tell about this series? Is there a traveling trophy?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:32 am

EDC wrote:Is there a traveling trophy?

I think its called the paint bucket. Could be wrong though.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby homer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:55 am

they play each other twice this year this one is a non conf. game kind of a warmup if u will to conf. play so i dont know if this one is for the paint bucket.The story is many years ago each school would paint grafitti on each schools campus so the admin.got together and made it the paint bucket instead of the other mess.
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 am

EDC wrote:
homer wrote:nice win for the jimmies volleyball team tonight against und winning in 5 games und was 12-0 coming in. and no they didnt play their jv team

Great win for JC. Congrats! Where are most of JC players from?

out of the 25 varsity and jv 11 are from north dakota 4-minn. 2-montana 7-manitoba
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:56 pm

Jimmie women 5th in latest NAIA coaches poll. I would guess this is the highest Jamestown women have ever been rated. Jamestown vs Valley women tomorrow at Valley. Valley is coming on and it will be a good test and measuring stick for both teams.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges