Juco players and there futures

No smack talk is allowed here.

Juco players and there futures

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:38 pm

I was interested in finding out if any JUCO players in the state of north dakota have the chance to play minutes at a division 1 school or Division 2
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Juco players and there futures

Postby Makotifarmguy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:34 am

Travis Mertens over at Lake Region will go D-1. I heard he was a pre-season all american. Saw him over in Williston earlier this year and he is probably one of the most dynamic players I have seen in a while. He needs to control his emotions better, but an incredibly sound player.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 pm

yeah. mertens is pretty good, i currently attend MSU-Bottineau, and this year we have an amazing basketball player by the name of Kiel Lafountain from belcourt, he graduated about 6 years ago, and he is a lil out of shape, he is really good, he has a quick first step, he can dribble, he can shoot outside and drive, he's 6'4" about 250lbs and he can dunk the ball so easy and for a big guy he has some amazing ups, if he gets into shape and feel he can be one of the best JUCO Division II JUCO players in the country. Otherwise, Curtis Jerrells i think his name is from Willliston State College is good also, Shaun Knife and TJ McCauley are also very good, Sammy Ricks is good and I'm sure Miles City and Dawson also have some talented players. Bottineau also has Seth Graveson a 6'6" center, but he's fast and can shoot the Three ball really good, i know he's not D I material but he can make a decent Division II small forward.
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:22 pm

dunseithdragon06 wrote:yeah. mertens is pretty good, i currently attend MSU-Bottineau, and this year we have an amazing basketball player by the name of Kiel Lafountain from belcourt, he graduated about 6 years ago, and he is a lil out of shape, he is really good, he has a quick first step, he can dribble, he can shoot outside and drive, he's 6'4" about 250lbs and he can dunk the ball so easy and for a big guy he has some amazing ups, if he gets into shape and feel he can be one of the best JUCO Division II JUCO players in the country. Otherwise, Curtis Jerrells i think his name is from Willliston State College is good also, Shaun Knife and TJ McCauley are also very good, Sammy Ricks is good and I'm sure Miles City and Dawson also have some talented players. Bottineau also has Seth Graveson a 6'6" center, but he's fast and can shoot the Three ball really good, i know he's not D I material but he can make a decent Division II small forward.

i watched this lafountain play tonight and he didnt seem like "top in the country" caliber...he was good sure but not quick like you describe. his first step wasnt overly quick
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:08 pm

yeah, i know i overly exaggurated on him, but he is good and is still out of shape, and he hasn't play organized basketball since he graduated from high school over 5 years ago, thats the main reason he's out of shape
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:42 pm

Jaden Voth from Glen-Ullin is without a doubt a D1 prospect. A very athletic guard with a 42 inch vertical, absolutley amazing!
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:45 pm

You must have read this story in the Bis Trib.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles ... 144357.txt
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ball23 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:13 pm

Shaun Knife of BSC had a pretty good pre-season. He had 26 on Travis Mertens and has been pretty consistent with his scoring. He will be getting offers after this first year, but im not sure if they'll be D-I schools.
ball23

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges