Dac 10 basketball Men's basketball

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:09 pm

I personally think it will be between Minot and Jamestown.  With the upper hand going to Jamestown.  Any have any opinions on how MSU will do after their postseason run from a year ago?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:44 pm

[user=1043]cubsfan[/user] wrote:
I personally think it will be between Minot and Jamestown.  With the upper hand going to Jamestown.  Any have any opinions on how MSU will do after their postseason run from a year ago?

Be interesting to see what MSU brought in recruiting wise this year. Sounds like they got 3 or 4 junior college transfers if they can produce they got a chance to make some noise in the DAC this year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:21 pm

ndfan wrote:[user=1043]cubsfan[/user] wrote:
I personally think it will be between Minot and Jamestown.� With the upper hand going to Jamestown.� Any have any opinions on how MSU will do after their postseason run from a year ago?

Be interesting to see what MSU brought in recruiting wise this year. Sounds like they got 3 or 4 junior college transfers if they can produce they got a chance to make some noise in the DAC this year.
They play on Friday night in the Comet Classic, I hope to find out a little bit about them then.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Dac 10 basketball Men's basketball

Postby cubsfan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:38 pm

I went to the MSU vs. Dakota State University doubleheader and was surprised by the results. MSU's women team is going to be a force to be reckoned with this year if Leraas can stay eligible.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:51 pm

cubsfan wrote:I went to the MSU vs. Dakota State University doubleheader and was surprised by the results. MSU's women team is going to be a force to be reckoned with this year if Leraas can stay eligible.

Yeah I definitely agree, if you'd never seen Cassie Leraas play before, tonight would've been a perfect game to go to. She scored her 1,000th collegiate point and made big play after big playing in leading an win over the #7 ranked girls team. MSU really played better then the score indicated. Had they held on to the ball better and not had so many turnovers IMO they would've won by 20, they also missed quite a few free throws down the stretch.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re:

Postby basketballer » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:00 pm

cubsfan wrote:I personally think it will be between Minot and Jamestown.  With the upper hand going to Jamestown.  Any have any opinions on how MSU will do after their postseason run from a year ago?

Valley City will win it.
basketballer

Re: Re:

Postby cubsfan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:45 pm

basketballer wrote:
cubsfan wrote:I personally think it will be between Minot and Jamestown. With the upper hand going to Jamestown. Any have any opinions on how MSU will do after their postseason run from a year ago?

Valley City will win it.

Valley City will not win it. I heard that Jamestown played terrible and Iverson was coming off of a sprained ankle. It will be nice to see Jamestown this weekend and see how they do against D-II competition when they play UND on Saturday. After the 25 point lead they gave up to Northern State i believe they will try to make a statement.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:21 pm

cubsfan wrote:
basketballer wrote:
cubsfan wrote:I personally think it will be between Minot and Jamestown. With the upper hand going to Jamestown. Any have any opinions on how MSU will do after their postseason run from a year ago?

Valley City will win it.

Valley City will not win it. I heard that Jamestown played terrible and Iverson was coming off of a sprained ankle. It will be nice to see Jamestown this weekend and see how they do against D-II competition when they play UND on Saturday. After the 25 point lead they gave up to Northern State i believe they will try to make a statement.

Valley City outworks and plays better d than anyone.
basketballer

Postby UND_9296 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:08 am

cubsfan wrote:
basketballer wrote:

Valley City will win it.

The UND-JC game will be interesting. UND has been playing pretty well over the past six games, and athletically I believe the Sioux will have a big advantage, but whether that translates into a win we'll have to see.
UND_9296

Postby PA42 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:09 am

I have a feeling Jamestown could take this one. When they are on they can play with anyone(at any level)
PA42

Postby PA42 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:51 am

jamestown is capable of beating und by ten or fifteen will it happen? I am not sure.
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:46 am

Valley City outworks and plays better d than anyone.[/quote]

I think that is kind of a hard statement to make right now after only one conference game into the season. I am not saying you are wrong I just don't know what all the teams in the conference play like.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UND_9296 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:19 am

horne98 wrote:jamestown is capable of beating und by ten or fifteen will it happen? I am not sure.

Jamestown has also lost on the road to Mount Marty, Minnesota-Morris and Valley City, so I'd say the odds of them beating UND probably aren't particularly good.
UND_9296

Postby ndfan » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:39 am

horne98 wrote:jamestown is capable of beating und by ten or fifteen will it happen? I am not sure.

Sorry buddy Jamestown isn't capable of beating und by 15, und won by 14 tonight. I was impressed with that iverson from jamestown he's a good player. After that nothing that great.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:11 pm

ndfan wrote:

Sorry buddy Jamestown isn't capable of beating und by 15, und won by 14 tonight. I was impressed with that iverson from jamestown he's a good player. After that nothing that great.

saw on the statsheet that iverson was 3-12 against und...what about him impressed you?
rep

Postby cubsfan » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:35 pm

ndfan wrote:

I was not impressed with Iverson at all. He played absolutely horrible. Another question of mine is why Andy Bachmeier plays so much. He is not good at all. You have to give UND credit, Earvin Youmans is a heck of a player. They had a lot more athleticism than I thought they had.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:05 am

VCSU will be in the hunt for the championship this year. They hustle and work as hard as any team out there. As for the excuse of the Jtown game , iverson coming off a hurt ankle. He played the whole game almost and didnt seem bothered. VC just out hustled and played great Defense against them. They'll be a force in the DAC-10 for years to come, having no seniors and just 3 juniors this year.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:12 pm

rep wrote:
ndfan wrote:

saw on the statsheet that iverson was 3-12 against und...what about him impressed you?

Maybe he made those three baskets well i was there, left at halftime.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:38 pm

VCSU is now ranked 15 th in the nation...congrats vikes...good luck
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:12 am

Jamestown travels to mayville friday night in a big game were both teams. Both clubs currently sit at 4-1 and tied for first place in the conference with both minot, and vcsu. Jamestown has won four straight and has started to get the production they expected from Iverson and Holen. Mayville has been playing very good ball as Johnson has found the best mixture of guys to put on the court. It will also be interesting to see Luke Lorenz in a jimmie jersey in Mayville. I expect a great game and a battle from both sides.
PA42

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:04 pm

I have connections to both teams. The comets are my hometown team and that will always mean something to me. But let's just say I've been to more Jimmie games than I have comet games.
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:27 pm

I want to see how Mayville State will be able to compete with some of the better teams in the conference. They play alright defensively, but really struggle to rebound defensively. If Jamestown tries to run with MSU I see MSU winning. If Jamestown can play at their tempo I think they could win by a double-digit margin.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:23 pm

Mayville's offense is based on penetration and transition. If jamestown can slow everything down they should win.
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:31 pm

The first half of the game might have been the best half I have ever seen. It was amazing. 53-51 MSU with the lead. MSU probably shot the best any MSU team has ever shot. They made everything and a lot of the threes were contested and still went in. Jamestown did not play the way they should have. They tried running with MSU and it did not work.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:24 am

Mayviile state played so well tonight. Cubsfan don't take anything away from jamestown because most of mayville points came on threes not on transition points. THe comets would have been hot no matter how jamestown played.
PA42

Next

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges