November 9th

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby ndfan » Wed May 09, 2007 4:10 pm

Rumor has it November 9th it could be the NDSU Bison vs. the TWO time defending Champion Florida Gators. Steve Hallstrom had it on his blog, hopefully it happens cause that would be awesome.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Roughrider » Wed May 09, 2007 6:31 pm

that would be pretty cool, where is the game going to be at exactly
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Wed May 09, 2007 6:36 pm

Gainsville
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed May 09, 2007 6:46 pm

they should work out a 2 road 1 home deal or something to get a big name to come to ND
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Thu May 10, 2007 4:17 am

baseball wrote:they should work out a 2 road 1 home deal or something to get a big name to come to ND

They could never bring that game to ND.  Where would it be played?  There wouldn't be enough room in the dome for just the Florida fans, let alone the Bison fans and others who just want to see the game.  You'd need at least a 50k seating capacity. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu May 10, 2007 4:30 am

NDSU would be elated to schedule a game against Florida, but realistically there is no chance for them to sign any kind of multi-year contract that Florida could not opt out of.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu May 10, 2007 5:13 am

It is going to be nice.  I mean getting to play against a major University, and a Championship one at that!

I hope they can keep within 14 points. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tcbison » Thu May 10, 2007 5:48 am

The good news is that the last two years NDSU has knocked off the best team on their schedule. I hope this game happens but they haven't said anything about it lately. 
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu May 10, 2007 5:51 am

tcbison wrote:The good news is that the last two years NDSU has knocked off the best team on their schedule. I hope this game happens but they haven't said anything about it lately. 

They lost to the Gophers
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tcbison » Thu May 10, 2007 9:25 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
tcbison wrote:The good news is that the last two years NDSU has knocked off the best team on their schedule. I hope this game happens but they haven't said anything about it lately. 

They lost to the Gophers

Marquette was ranked, the Gophers were not. Marquette was the best team on NDSu's basketball schedule last year. The year before it was Wisconsin.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 9:48 am

tcbison wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

They lost to the Gophers

Marquette was ranked, the Gophers were not. Marquette was the best team on NDSu's basketball schedule last year. The year before it was Wisconsin.

not to mention both on the road and Wisconsin almost NEVER loses at home
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 9:50 am

nativegolfer wrote:
baseball wrote:they should work out a 2 road 1 home deal or something to get a big name to come to ND

They could never bring that game to ND.  Where would it be played?  There wouldn't be enough room in the dome for just the Florida fans, let alone the Bison fans and others who just want to see the game.  You'd need at least a 50k seating capacity. 

i also see where your coming from there, but they should save this money the big schools are giving them to play and biuld a new facility in the next 5-6 years.  going at this rate, they will get the respect deserved.  isnt Texas Tech coming so fargo this year?  i heard that was home and home but could be wrong
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Thu May 10, 2007 10:47 am

baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

i also see where your coming from there, but they should save this money the big schools are giving them to play and biuld a new facility in the next 5-6 years.  going at this rate, they will get the respect deserved.  isnt Texas Tech coming so fargo this year?  i heard that was home and home but could be wrong
Colorado State is coming to Fargo this year. I haven't heard that about Texas Tech. They are raising money for a new facility. It is easier said then done bringing teams to Fargo. Kansas State wanted to back out last year.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 10:59 am

tcbison wrote:
baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Colorado State is coming to Fargo this year. I haven't heard that about Texas Tech. They are raising money for a new facility. It is easier said then done bringing teams to Fargo. Kansas State wanted to back out last year.

I understand it would be near impossible to get teams like Florida, Kansas, and Duke to come to ND.  but if they could some how get the middle-lower teams of the large conferences, like Missouri, Colorado, Northwestern, or even Baylor...just to say they had a Big XII, Big Ten team in North Dakota.  i use them 2 conferences because they are the 2 large conferences that ND is most familiar with i think
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu May 10, 2007 11:01 am

That would be nice!!!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Mon May 14, 2007 5:10 pm

It's official, the game has been finalized. Nov. 9th baby
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Tue May 15, 2007 6:29 am

Ming01 wrote:It's official, the game has been finalized. Nov. 9th baby

It is? Can you confirm with a link or news story? I must have missed it.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Tue May 15, 2007 12:04 pm

Ming01 wrote:It's official, the game has been finalized. Nov. 9th baby

Looks like it is very close to being final.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=165785

Looks like NDSU will play Florida on the road along with another high major team. Also, they will play a mid-major on the road with one at home. So far it looks like a good deal.

tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges