November 9th

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby ndfan » Wed May 09, 2007 4:10 pm

Rumor has it November 9th it could be the NDSU Bison vs. the TWO time defending Champion Florida Gators. Steve Hallstrom had it on his blog, hopefully it happens cause that would be awesome.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Mayville

Postby Roughrider » Wed May 09, 2007 6:31 pm

that would be pretty cool, where is the game going to be at exactly
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image
User avatar
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Postby Ming01 » Wed May 09, 2007 6:36 pm

Gainsville
Ming01
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Postby baseball » Wed May 09, 2007 6:46 pm

they should work out a 2 road 1 home deal or something to get a big name to come to ND
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Postby nativegolfer » Thu May 10, 2007 4:17 am

baseball wrote:they should work out a 2 road 1 home deal or something to get a big name to come to ND

They could never bring that game to ND.  Where would it be played?  There wouldn't be enough room in the dome for just the Florida fans, let alone the Bison fans and others who just want to see the game.  You'd need at least a 50k seating capacity. 
User avatar
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:12 am
Location: The Rez, ,

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu May 10, 2007 4:30 am

NDSU would be elated to schedule a game against Florida, but realistically there is no chance for them to sign any kind of multi-year contract that Florida could not opt out of.
User avatar
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2115
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 am
Location: Fargo

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu May 10, 2007 5:13 am

It is going to be nice.  I mean getting to play against a major University, and a Championship one at that!

I hope they can keep within 14 points. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
User avatar
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am
Location: Devils Lake. ND

Postby tcbison » Thu May 10, 2007 5:48 am

The good news is that the last two years NDSU has knocked off the best team on their schedule. I hope this game happens but they haven't said anything about it lately. 
User avatar
tcbison
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:39 am

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu May 10, 2007 5:51 am

tcbison wrote:The good news is that the last two years NDSU has knocked off the best team on their schedule. I hope this game happens but they haven't said anything about it lately. 

They lost to the Gophers
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
User avatar
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am
Location: Devils Lake. ND

Postby tcbison » Thu May 10, 2007 9:25 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
tcbison wrote:The good news is that the last two years NDSU has knocked off the best team on their schedule. I hope this game happens but they haven't said anything about it lately. 

They lost to the Gophers

Marquette was ranked, the Gophers were not. Marquette was the best team on NDSu's basketball schedule last year. The year before it was Wisconsin.
User avatar
tcbison
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:39 am

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 9:48 am

tcbison wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
tcbison wrote:The good news is that the last two years NDSU has knocked off the best team on their schedule. I hope this game happens but they haven't said anything about it lately. 

They lost to the Gophers

Marquette was ranked, the Gophers were not. Marquette was the best team on NDSu's basketball schedule last year. The year before it was Wisconsin.

not to mention both on the road and Wisconsin almost NEVER loses at home
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 9:50 am

nativegolfer wrote:
baseball wrote:they should work out a 2 road 1 home deal or something to get a big name to come to ND

They could never bring that game to ND.  Where would it be played?  There wouldn't be enough room in the dome for just the Florida fans, let alone the Bison fans and others who just want to see the game.  You'd need at least a 50k seating capacity. 

i also see where your coming from there, but they should save this money the big schools are giving them to play and biuld a new facility in the next 5-6 years.  going at this rate, they will get the respect deserved.  isnt Texas Tech coming so fargo this year?  i heard that was home and home but could be wrong
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Postby tcbison » Thu May 10, 2007 10:47 am

baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baseball wrote:they should work out a 2 road 1 home deal or something to get a big name to come to ND

They could never bring that game to ND.  Where would it be played?  There wouldn't be enough room in the dome for just the Florida fans, let alone the Bison fans and others who just want to see the game.  You'd need at least a 50k seating capacity. 

i also see where your coming from there, but they should save this money the big schools are giving them to play and biuld a new facility in the next 5-6 years.  going at this rate, they will get the respect deserved.  isnt Texas Tech coming so fargo this year?  i heard that was home and home but could be wrong
Colorado State is coming to Fargo this year. I haven't heard that about Texas Tech. They are raising money for a new facility. It is easier said then done bringing teams to Fargo. Kansas State wanted to back out last year.
User avatar
tcbison
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:39 am

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 10:59 am

tcbison wrote:
baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baseball wrote:they should work out a 2 road 1 home deal or something to get a big name to come to ND

They could never bring that game to ND.  Where would it be played?  There wouldn't be enough room in the dome for just the Florida fans, let alone the Bison fans and others who just want to see the game.  You'd need at least a 50k seating capacity. 

i also see where your coming from there, but they should save this money the big schools are giving them to play and biuld a new facility in the next 5-6 years.  going at this rate, they will get the respect deserved.  isnt Texas Tech coming so fargo this year?  i heard that was home and home but could be wrong
Colorado State is coming to Fargo this year. I haven't heard that about Texas Tech. They are raising money for a new facility. It is easier said then done bringing teams to Fargo. Kansas State wanted to back out last year.

I understand it would be near impossible to get teams like Florida, Kansas, and Duke to come to ND.  but if they could some how get the middle-lower teams of the large conferences, like Missouri, Colorado, Northwestern, or even Baylor...just to say they had a Big XII, Big Ten team in North Dakota.  i use them 2 conferences because they are the 2 large conferences that ND is most familiar with i think
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu May 10, 2007 11:01 am

That would be nice!!!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
User avatar
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am
Location: Devils Lake. ND

Postby Ming01 » Mon May 14, 2007 5:10 pm

It's official, the game has been finalized. Nov. 9th baby
Ming01
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Postby tcbison » Tue May 15, 2007 6:29 am

Ming01 wrote:It's official, the game has been finalized. Nov. 9th baby

It is? Can you confirm with a link or news story? I must have missed it.
User avatar
tcbison
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:39 am

Postby tcbison » Tue May 15, 2007 12:04 pm

Ming01 wrote:It's official, the game has been finalized. Nov. 9th baby


Looks like it is very close to being final.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=165785

Looks like NDSU will play Florida on the road along with another high major team. Also, they will play a mid-major on the road with one at home. So far it looks like a good deal.

 

 
User avatar
tcbison
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:39 am


Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests