If you don't like the sioux....do you have a better suggesti

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby uconn_8 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:52 pm

Lets hear some REAL suggestions to what they should change to? Nothing stupid or ridiculous.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:34 pm

Postby ndfan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:59 pm

flickertails
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Mayville

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:26 am

University of North Dakota Greenwave!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
User avatar
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am
Location: Devils Lake. ND

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:32 am

I got the perfect nickname that would be very fitting and appropriate:  The UND Fighting Englestads!  Is there anything more perfect?
User avatar
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:12 am
Location: The Rez, ,

Postby Diamond D » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:20 am

Flickertails

 

 
Diamond D
 

Postby scc » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:56 am

Fighting Scandinavians
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2765
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:59 am

University of North Dakota Bison

UND doves after the Peace Garden State

UND Fighting Sugar Beats

UND Legal Eagles after the Law School
Last edited by Wild Wolves on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:23 am

Postby member01 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:15 am

University of North Dakota "mighty" Sioux
member01
 

Postby Ming01 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:33 am

UND Fighting Midgets
Ming01
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Postby project-pat » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:12 am

Wild Wolves wrote:University of North Dakota Bison

UND doves after the Peace Garden State

UND Fighting Sugar Beats

UND Legal Eagles after the Law School

all those nicknames are gross...the first one is terrible because of NDSU.

I got a perfect nickname...the fighting sioux.
project-pat
 

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:36 am

project-pat wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:University of North Dakota Bison

UND doves after the Peace Garden State

UND Fighting Sugar Beats

UND Legal Eagles after the Law School

all those nicknames are gross...the first one is terrible because of NDSU.

I got a perfect nickname...the fighting sioux.

I should have put a smiley face.:D
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:23 am

Postby member01 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:14 am

thats the perfect name
member01
 

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:26 pm

The Sioux should never have to change their name, but if they have to, their name should be:

University of North Dakota Prarie Dawgs:D
User avatar
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:55 pm

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:49 pm

nativegolfer wrote:I got the perfect nickname that would be very fitting and appropriate:  The UND Fighting Englestads!  Is there anything more perfect?

Yeah there is something more perfect:  FIGHTING SIOUX!!!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
User avatar
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:26 pm

Postby Indians Alumni » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:06 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:I got the perfect nickname that would be very fitting and appropriate:  The UND Fighting Englestads!  Is there anything more perfect?

Yeah there is something more perfect:  FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

NBE, you're out of order!!!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
User avatar
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am
Location: Devils Lake. ND

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:12 am

I 2nd mings

or the und fighting fronteirsman
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Postby project-pat » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:26 am

I don't even wanna think of UND having a different nickname...the fighting sioux are the greatest.
project-pat
 

Postby Roughrider » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:30 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:I got the perfect nickname that would be very fitting and appropriate:  The UND Fighting Englestads!  Is there anything more perfect?

Yeah there is something more perfect:  FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

NBE, you're out of order!!!

how do you figure he is out of order, he is just stating the obvious. the truth is there isnt any nickname that anybody can think of that would be better than FIGHTING SIOUX.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image
User avatar
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Postby cdub1 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:21 pm

Roughrider wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:I got the perfect nickname that would be very fitting and appropriate:  The UND Fighting Englestads!  Is there anything more perfect?

Yeah there is something more perfect:  FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

NBE, you're out of order!!!

how do you figure he is out of order, he is just stating the obvious. the truth is there isnt any nickname that anybody can think of that would be better than FIGHTING SIOUX.


it could easily be changed to warriors and in 20-30 years it would be a very good nickname right after it was changed people would be very angry but they would get used to it eventually

i use warriors because it is a common name so don't try to look into that
Image

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
User avatar
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:51 pm
Location: Mandan, , USA

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:01 am

Roughrider wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:I got the perfect nickname that would be very fitting and appropriate:  The UND Fighting Englestads!  Is there anything more perfect?

Yeah there is something more perfect:  FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

NBE, you're out of order!!!

how do you figure he is out of order, he is just stating the obvious. the truth is there isnt any nickname that anybody can think of that would be better than FIGHTING SIOUX.-

Ok, you tell me why it is so much better?  I mean you tell me how you justify the use!  Because it has been used for so many years?  Well not good enough. 

The Obvious would be to change it!  People, including myself, are offended!  :buttkick:
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
User avatar
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am
Location: Devils Lake. ND

Postby Roughrider » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:05 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
Roughrider wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:I got the perfect nickname that would be very fitting and appropriate:  The UND Fighting Englestads!  Is there anything more perfect?

Yeah there is something more perfect:  FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

NBE, you're out of order!!!

how do you figure he is out of order, he is just stating the obvious. the truth is there isnt any nickname that anybody can think of that would be better than FIGHTING SIOUX.-

Ok, you tell me why it is so much better?  I mean you tell me how you justify the use!  Because it has been used for so many years?  Well not good enough. 

The Obvious would be to change it!  People, including myself, are offended!  :buttkick:

Give me your justified reason as to why you are affended by the nickname
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image
User avatar
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Postby cdub1 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:15 pm

Roughrider wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
Roughrider wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:I got the perfect nickname that would be very fitting and appropriate:  The UND Fighting Englestads!  Is there anything more perfect?

Yeah there is something more perfect:  FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

NBE, you're out of order!!!

how do you figure he is out of order, he is just stating the obvious. the truth is there isnt any nickname that anybody can think of that would be better than FIGHTING SIOUX.-

Ok, you tell me why it is so much better?  I mean you tell me how you justify the use!  Because it has been used for so many years?  Well not good enough. 

The Obvious would be to change it!  People, including myself, are offended!  :buttkick:

Give me your justified reason as to why you are affended by the nickname

he doesn't have to have a reason to be offended i am offended by the n word i don't have to have a reason for it either so why should he need to give one?
Image

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
User avatar
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:51 pm
Location: Mandan, , USA

Postby Roughrider » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:30 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Roughrider wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
Roughrider wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:I got the perfect nickname that would be very fitting and appropriate:  The UND Fighting Englestads!  Is there anything more perfect?

Yeah there is something more perfect:  FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

NBE, you're out of order!!!

how do you figure he is out of order, he is just stating the obvious. the truth is there isnt any nickname that anybody can think of that would be better than FIGHTING SIOUX.-

Ok, you tell me why it is so much better?  I mean you tell me how you justify the use!  Because it has been used for so many years?  Well not good enough. 

The Obvious would be to change it!  People, including myself, are offended!  :buttkick:

Give me your justified reason as to why you are affended by the nickname

he doesn't have to have a reason to be offended i am offended by the n word i don't have to have a reason for it either so why should he need to give one?

all i am asking is what part of the nickname he is so offended by. i mean you have to have a reason behind it. i mean i cant just walk out onto the street and look at the name of a restaurant and say I hate that name and i am offended. there has to be a reason behind it or it just doesnt have any value, it means nothing
Last edited by Roughrider on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image
User avatar
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Postby cdub1 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:31 pm

Roughrider wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Roughrider wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
Roughrider wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:I got the perfect nickname that would be very fitting and appropriate:  The UND Fighting Englestads!  Is there anything more perfect?

Yeah there is something more perfect:  FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

NBE, you're out of order!!!

how do you figure he is out of order, he is just stating the obvious. the truth is there isnt any nickname that anybody can think of that would be better than FIGHTING SIOUX.-

Ok, you tell me why it is so much better?  I mean you tell me how you justify the use!  Because it has been used for so many years?  Well not good enough. 

The Obvious would be to change it!  People, including myself, are offended!  :buttkick:

Give me your justified reason as to why you are affended by the nickname

he doesn't have to have a reason to be offended i am offended by the n word i don't have to have a reason for it either so why should he need to give one?

all i am asking is what part of the nickname he is so offended by. i mean you have to have a reason behind it. i mean i cant just walk out onto the street and look at the name of a restaurant and say I hate that name and i am offended. there has to be a reason behind it or it just doesnt have any value, it means nothing

i cant argue with that
Image

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
User avatar
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:51 pm
Location: Mandan, , USA

Postby Roughrider » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:38 pm

Just wondering cclub, do you hate the nickname?
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image
User avatar
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Fargo, North Dakota

Next

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest