New Sport at UND

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby anderson16 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:41 am

Why doesn't UND have a men's soccer program? there is 10 women sports and only 8 men's sports.

Also, is there a men's club soccert team and are they good?
Last edited by anderson16 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:49 am

they have men's rugby as a club sport but not sure if women have it to.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby anderson16 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:01 am

Yeah i know they have rugby, but do they still have a men's soccer club? and why isn't there a men's soccer program, like a real one not just a club team. there is 10 women and 8 men teams. they can add men's soccer and men's tennis or w/e to make it even. or add another women's along with a men's soccer.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:03 pm

[user=2310]anderson16[/user] wrote:
Yeah i know they have rugby, but do they still have a men's soccer club? and why isn't there a men's soccer program, like a real one not just a club team. there is 10 women and 8 men teams. they can add men's soccer and men's tennis or w/e to make it even. or add another women's along with a men's soccer.

I'd say it probably has to do with money. The only women's sport that probably draws at UND is women's basketball. I can only imagine how much money they lose with women's hockey.

UND also had Wrestling but when title 9 came into play they had to drop it.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:11 pm

ndfan wrote:[user=2310]anderson16[/user] wrote:

I'd say it probably has to do with money. The only women's sport that probably draws at UND is women's basketball. I can only imagine how much money they lose with women's hockey.

ah title nine...how much it has destroyed in order to get 'equality'. great idea on paper, horrible idea in practice.
rep

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:14 pm

[user=267]rep[/user] wrote:
ndfan wrote:[user=2310]anderson16[/user] wrote:

ah title nine...how much it has destroyed in order to get 'equality'. great idea on paper, horrible idea in practice.

100% agree with ya rep, agree with ya 100%
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby anderson16 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:29 pm

yeah i just want men's soccer here at UND. But do you know if they even have a men's soccer club team or no?
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Shocker » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 am

anderson16 wrote:Yeah i know they have rugby, but do they still have a men's soccer club? and why isn't there a men's soccer program, like a real one not just a club team. there is 10 women and 8 men teams. they can add men's soccer and men's tennis or w/e to make it even. or add another women's along with a men's soccer.
I think that the reason there are 2 more women's programs than men's is that title 9 requires an equal number of male and female athletes.  Football has a large roster that is probably the size of 3 women's programs so they need more women's sports to even the numbers out. As for if they have a club soccer team, I can't say for sure, but I would guess that they do. The UND website (http://www.und.edu/aboutund/) says they have 27 club sports, it's hard to imagine that one of them isn't soccer.
Shocker
NDPreps Starter

Postby anderson16 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:12 am

There is a place that says there is a club team, but then i go to their website and it hasn't been updated since 2004. so idk.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:40 pm

Football screws Title IX
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby anderson16 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:05 pm

VERY TRUE! darn football team! but their pretty good so its ok. but i still want a soccer team or lacrosse team that would be awesome.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonslayer » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:41 am

Yeah they have both club lacrosse and club soccer. Soccer in the student newspaper seems like just another one of the sports there, pretty popular.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges