ND Junior College Playoffs

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:52 am

Lake Region goes to Wahpeton Science on Wednesday night in a huge JuCo playoff game. The winner of the game wins Region 13 and this year Region 13 gets the home game, so they would get a home game vs. Region 12 on Sunday. Wahpeton is the #8 in the nation with only 1 loss but that loss came to Lake Region.

Last Sunday Lake Region played Williston State to get into this game. Lake Region looked to be back on top of there game winning by a score of 86-71. Travis Mertens continued his dominance with 21 points,10 boards, 3 blocks, and about 3 nice dunks.

Anyone like watching these JuCo games, I think they're awesome. Cant wait to see what happens on Wednesday. Go LR!
ND_SportsNut

Postby Diamond D » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:44 am

I was at the game on Sunday and LRSC played extremely well.  Mertens was tough, but I gotta give it to Ola Adeberooaw (sp?).   I heard he had 27 in the game along with one of the most AMAZING dunks I have ever seen.  He was so high in the air that I didn't think he was coming down.

Mertens looked strong as ever.  Without a doubt he is wearing the current Mr. Basketball crown to what it is all about.   2 very difficult dunks that he slammed with incredible force.

NDSCS is in for a very long night if LRSC comes to play like they did on Sunday.

Good luck to the Royals (both men's and women's teams) as they head down to Wahpeton to put a hurt on Science.

Diamond D

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:04 pm

Diamond D wrote: 

I was at the game on Sunday and LRSC played extremely well.  Mertens was tough, but I gotta give it to Ola Adeberooaw (sp?).   I heard he had 27 in the game along with one of the most AMAZING dunks I have ever seen.  He was so high in the air that I didn't think he was coming down.

Mertens looked strong as ever.  Without a doubt he is wearing the current Mr. Basketball crown to what it is all about.   2 very difficult dunks that he slammed with incredible force.

NDSCS is in for a very long night if LRSC comes to play like they did on Sunday.

Good luck to the Royals (both men's and women's teams) as they head down to Wahpeton to put a hurt on Science.

Mens Region XIII Championship

LRSC 88

NDSCS 84
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:41 pm

That was a great game, LR was down 70-58 and came back to get the win at Wahpeton Science a place they haven't won at in a very, very long time if ever. Science finishes 30-2, both losses to LR. LR is the region XIII champs and play Vincennes University from Indiana at Devils Lake on Sunday. GO Royals!! 
ND_SportsNut

Postby WildWarrior » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:01 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:That was a great game, LR was down 70-58 and came back to get the win at Wahpeton Science a place they haven't won at in a very, very long time if ever. Science finishes 30-2, both losses to LR. LR is the region XIII champs and play Vincennes University from Indiana at Devils Lake on Sunday. GO Royals!! 

I was just reading where Vincennes left yesterday by bus and already had reservations in wahpeton.  Now they will have to drive 214 extra miles for a total of 1060 miles by bus.  What a long trip.  Looks like they are a very good team.  Seems to me that Shawn Marion played at Vincennes, I believe it is quite a pipeline to D-1.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby twiz11 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:35 am

What a horrible way to end NDSCS's great season. I still believe they have a better team. They were ahead the whole game eight up until about 4 minutes left. But I have to give credit to LRSC they beat a very good team. Congrats.
twiz11

Postby Diamond D » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:37 am

Listened to the girls game on the radio.  Did LRSC get hosed on the final 3 seconds.  Sounded like Brekke got fouled (but no call), lost the ball and then with .3 seconds left they called a foul on LRSC??

Can anyone confirm if this was a bad call or not?

Congrats to the boys.  Sounded like the pistons were all firing together towards the end of the game.
Diamond D

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges