Page 1 of 1

How will the colleges do?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:25 am
by cmplx6
With all the new 1st year and 2nd year coaches at the colleges I was wondering how everyone thinks these college football teams in ND will do?

NDSU: They will win the National Title
UND: They will get a few playoff wins
U Mary: 1 win and they hire a new coach
Minot State: they will finish with 5 wins, the new coach brings good energy
Dickinson State: their tradition continues and they lose in the second round of the playoffs
Jamestown: They are moving to a new conference, 2nd year coach doesn't make the jump in wins he wants I don't see them getting more than 2 wins
Valley City State: They finish with 7 wins and just miss the playoffs
Mayville State: Their new staff shows how green they are and they gain one win, maybe
Trinity Bible: The new staff is really the old staff, they grab a few wins
Bottineau: They win 8 games, and not a single player from ND sees the field.
NDSCS: They get 1 loss.

Re: How will the colleges do?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:07 pm
by Flip
I had no idea Jamestown had fallen so far. Losing your homecoming game to Presentation has to hurt.
I guess I don't follow much of any of this. Mary had back-to-back 1-10 seasons. Woof.
I'm interested to see how the Hawks do. Bubba's been good for that program.

Re: How will the colleges do?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:59 pm
by hockeynut
Flip wrote:I had no idea Jamestown had fallen so far. Losing your homecoming game to Presentation has to hurt.
I guess I don't follow much of any of this. Mary had back-to-back 1-10 seasons. Woof.
I'm interested to see how the Hawks do. Bubba's been good for that program.

The Jimmies haven't been good for quite some time now.

Re: How will the colleges do?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:06 pm
by Mandan
Jamestown's conference move isn't this year, though, it is next year. This year they are still in the North Star.

Re: How will the colleges do?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:19 pm
by hockeynut
Mandan wrote:Jamestown's conference move isn't this year, though, it is next year. This year they are still in the North Star.

Yep. The loooong bus rides start next season.

Re: How will the colleges do?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:24 pm
by cmplx6
Well, Mayville State is 0-10, and will finish 0-11. Far drop from where Coach Schlieve had them at 7-4 in 2013. How long will Thom last? They haven't really even been competitive.
Aldrich is 2-8 at Minot State, but they are a few scores away from being 4-6 right now or 5-5. I think they are on the right path.
U of Mary is 1-9 and getting blown out, again. About to finish 1-10, again. I will assume that Kotelnicki will be moving on after the season.
Jamestown is going to finish with 3 wins, bringing Kittell's total to 5 in two years. It will be hard to improve on that in the new conference. But I think he will bring things together.

The team that surprises me is UND. They have NFL talent on the roster and I thought for sure they would be in the post season.

Every other school is right where I thought they would be.

Any other thoughts on the ND college football season?

Re: How will the colleges do?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:28 pm
by scc
cmplx6 wrote:Well, Mayville State is 0-10, and will finish 0-11. Far drop from where Coach Schlieve had them at 7-4 in 2013. How long will Thom last? They haven't really even been competitive.
Aldrich is 2-8 at Minot State, but they are a few scores away from being 4-6 right now or 5-5. I think they are on the right path.
U of Mary is 1-9 and getting blown out, again. About to finish 1-10, again. I will assume that Kotelnicki will be moving on after the season.
Jamestown is going to finish with 3 wins, bringing Kittell's total to 5 in two years. It will be hard to improve on that in the new conference. But I think he will bring things together.

The team that surprises me is UND. They have NFL talent on the roster and I thought for sure they would be in the post season.

Every other school is right where I thought they would be.

Any other thoughts on the ND college football season?

Mayville will finish 0-11, but it's not unrealistic to say they could have ended with a 3-8 record. Their second loss of the year was to the current #16 team in NAIA, and that was by 4 points. Something like 60 players didn't return from last year, so yes, this is a rebuilding season.

Re: How will the colleges do?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:40 pm
by ndlionsfan
scc wrote:
cmplx6 wrote:Well, Mayville State is 0-10, and will finish 0-11. Far drop from where Coach Schlieve had them at 7-4 in 2013. How long will Thom last? They haven't really even been competitive.
Aldrich is 2-8 at Minot State, but they are a few scores away from being 4-6 right now or 5-5. I think they are on the right path.
U of Mary is 1-9 and getting blown out, again. About to finish 1-10, again. I will assume that Kotelnicki will be moving on after the season.
Jamestown is going to finish with 3 wins, bringing Kittell's total to 5 in two years. It will be hard to improve on that in the new conference. But I think he will bring things together.

The team that surprises me is UND. They have NFL talent on the roster and I thought for sure they would be in the post season.

Every other school is right where I thought they would be.

Any other thoughts on the ND college football season?

Mayville will finish 0-11, but it's not unrealistic to say they could have ended with a 3-8 record. Their second loss of the year was to the current #16 team in NAIA, and that was by 4 points. Something like 60 players didn't return from last year, so yes, this is a rebuilding season.


You also have to look at their schedule the years they won 6-7 games. Beating Trinity Bible College or Dakota College in Botno aren't exactly at the same caliber at the current schedule and new teams in the conference.

Re: How will the colleges do?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:09 pm
by The Schwab
As far as Mayville State goes, being an alumnus of the University I understand how tough it is to be competitive at MaSU. You have to try to recruit kids to come to a town that doesn't have a Wal-Mart or McDonalds. Mayville is no paradise in the winter, better have kids come visit during months that there's not snow on the ground!

I am going to give this coach the benefit of the doubt and give him a couple of years before I say if it's a success or failure. What I like best about what he's done is establishing a staff that has had experiences in all levels of football.

I know that I would like to see more kids from ND on the roster, hopefully they can build a program that talented, local athletes want to come play for. I wish nothing but the best for the Comets.

Re: How will the colleges do?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:36 pm
by Flip
Mary coach was fired as a previous poster predicted.