NDSU upsets #9 Marquette

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby Ming01 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:04 pm

NDSU just defeated Marquette 64-60

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=263360269
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:13 pm

great win for NDSU but as stated in a football thread if you go by who beats who.....does this mean NDSU could beat Duke since Marquette did??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:25 pm

Huge win for the Bison! This time beating a top 10 team! Things just keep getting better for NDSU!
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:28 pm

is NDSU eligalbe for the NIT this season?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:30 pm

baseball wrote:is NDSU eligalbe for the NIT this season?

Yes they are! I am sure people on ESPN are going to be talking about the Bison again. This also shows that NDSU's win last year over Wisconsin was not a fluke.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby gabe » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:07 pm

This is huge!! NDSU is top news on ESPN! Wow! Marquette is ranked #8 in the country and beat Duke! NDSU has lost 2 games this year and both were to big time schools Texas Tech and Minnesota. Should have beaten Bobby Knight and Texas Tech. This team is the real deal and is good enough to compete against ANYONE right now! Yes, anyone. Good time to be a Bison fan right now...A brand new 8,000 seat basketball arena may be built next year too!
gabe

Postby flatlander » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:07 am

When does NDSU beating top DI teams on their court stop being considered an upset?

7PM DECEMBER 9: KANSAS STATE AT NDSU.

flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:20 am

when does Tim Miles punch his ticket....my hunch is soon.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:56 am

Does this make us favorites in the K-state and Iowa state games? Bison basketball has quickly taken on the feeling of expect to win instead of expect to compete with these big time teams. I can't wait until this group of Sophomores are Seniors and win the MidCon for a spot in the Big Dance. I've always dreamt of picking the Bison in my March Madness bracket. 
ND_SportsNut

Postby flatlander » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:11 am

If Miles does leave, every college coach in the nation who isn't already making 500k a year or more is going to do be salivating for his job... the team only has one guy who isn't an underclassmen - what a great setup for an ambitious coach.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:47 am

IF Miles is to leave sometime soon, I think Craig Smith from Mayville State has to up their in the discussion. I'm not worried about Miles leaving yet but after win like that ya never know.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:48 am

flatlander wrote:If Miles does leave, every college coach in the nation who isn't already making 500k a year or more is going to do be salivating for his job... the team only has one guy who isn't an underclassmen - what a great setup for an ambitious coach.

I think realistically Miles flitring with UNC Wilmington was just a summer vacation. He's got amazing upside if he sticks around at NDSU until these guy's are gone. I don't think he gets a shot at a major school. Everyone is pointing at Minnesota, but there's a big jump from NDSU to Uof M even if the Gophers bite. Day in and day out that is one of the top 50 schools to be at for any sport. Regardless of how they perform on the court.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:50 am

ndfan wrote:IF Miles is to leave sometime soon, I think Craig Smith from Mayville State has to up their in the discussion. I'm not worried about Miles leaving yet but after win like that ya never know.

I don't. I think Saul Phillips--if he stay's would be #1.He's Tim's right hand man and a great BB mind. MaSU to NDSU is to big of a jump even for an up and comer like Smith. I'd see Smith taking over a DII job or better yet, if Miles goes, following Miles up the DI ladder.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:06 am

point/center wrote:
ndfan wrote:IF Miles is to leave sometime soon, I think Craig Smith from Mayville State has to up their in the discussion. I'm not worried about Miles leaving yet but after win like that ya never know.

I don't. I think Saul Phillips--if he stay's would be #1.He's Tim's right hand man and a great BB mind. MaSU to NDSU is to big of a jump even for an up and comer like Smith. I'd see Smith taking over a DII job or better yet, if Miles goes, following Miles up the DI ladder.

There were rumors last year that Miles was offered the UNC-W job but Miles wanted to take his assistants with him and UNC-W didn't want that. UNC-W right now is 2-5.

I think both Coach Bohl and Miles want to see what the Bison will do when they become playoff eligible in 2008.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:10 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:Does this make us favorites in the K-state and Iowa state games? Bison basketball has quickly taken on the feeling of expect to win instead of expect to compete with these big time teams. I can't wait until this group of Sophomores are Seniors and win the MidCon for a spot in the Big Dance. I've always dreamt of picking the Bison in my March Madness bracket. 

I would say that the K-State game being at home NDSU will be the favorite. Not sure about the Iowa State game. NDSU last year didn't play very well on the road except for the Wisconsin game and the two tournments they were in.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:59 am

point/center wrote:when does Tim Miles punch his ticket....my hunch is soon.

I think this could go either way. We know that Miles likes the Midwest and one of the reasons he stayed at NDSU last year was he didn't want to leave the players that he recruited. Before the Minnesota game Miles said the goal is to make the NCAA tourney in 2009, everything is building for that.

If Miles leaves I am sure lots of coaches would like to coach this team. My biggest concern as a Bison fan is if Miles leaves how many of his assistants go with him. Both Coach Miles and Bohl have great assistant coaches.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby Diamond D » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:25 am

Congrats to NDSU. the publicity alone helps the program grow.
Diamond D

Postby ndfan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:27 pm

[user=26]point/center[/user] wrote:
[/quote]

Didn't coach Miles make the jump from Mayville to NDSU??
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges