new feat

All other important sports and activities.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby boysbballfan » Sun May 21, 2006 6:47 pm

This weekend in Bowman Trinity took home the boys and girls region 8 championship. This means that Trinity won every region so far boys bball, girls bball, fball, vball, and now boys and girls track that is remarkable I don't believe it has ever happened and probably will never happen again. congratulations to all the participants.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:08 pm

What about golf?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ditka14 » Mon May 22, 2006 6:12 am

It just show that a school like Trinity should possibly move up to class A, i heard the rumor beulah is out soon maybe they should move in and fill the void?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Mon May 22, 2006 8:38 am

Jamestown is filling that void.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby carolina blue » Mon May 22, 2006 9:30 am

ming, i think the golf regionals are today.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingfan » Mon May 22, 2006 11:15 am

Ditka14 wrote:It just show that a school like Trinity should possibly move up to class A, i heard the rumor beulah is out soon maybe they should move in and fill the void?
This was Beulah's last year in Class A. Trinity makes sure that there numbers are low enough in school so they don't have to move up, they are a private school and they can do that.
vikingfan

Postby boysbballfan » Mon May 22, 2006 12:34 pm

THS won golf today
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby boysbballfan » Mon May 22, 2006 12:37 pm

Don't start this conversation again. All I know is that the school is struggling financially and have alot of fund raisers to keep tuition down. So I don't think they would turn anyone away.
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Mon May 22, 2006 3:23 pm

Ditka14 and vikingfan, for your information Trinity is half the size of Beulah.  We have projections of about 150 kids next year in grades nine through twelve.   Our enrollment would allow us to drop to nine man football in two years!  We've been fortunate to have the athletes we've had the past few years, but its cyclical and it will change.  In the early 90's we had two-hundred-twenty kids in the school and we couldn't post a winning record in boys or girls basketball in the class "B" ranks. We were class "B" for five or six years before we began to enjoy success...If our boys golf team goes to state, it will be the first time in school history that every sports program we offer has made it to state in the same season.
Last edited by scruffy on Mon May 22, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby exwestcoach » Mon May 22, 2006 7:00 pm

Ditka14:

Trinity will not move to Class A, you can't move teams just because they win. Trinity is on an upcycle athletially now plus they are a larger B school. If that were the case why don't certain teams move down because they loose.. i.e. Jamestown boys basketball, Valley City basketball, etc.

Furthermore, St.Mary's and Fargo Shanley have the two smallest class AAA football school enrollments, with I believe, Belcourt and Valley City in AA with larger enrollments, neither school wants to move down, obviously, neither has been winning alot lately either.

The point is all things go in cycles and Trinity is up now, that will change, it always does.   
Last edited by exwestcoach on Mon May 22, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Mon May 22, 2006 7:09 pm

vikingfan:

It is totally stupid to think for even a second that Trinity is trying to keep its' enrollment low. The lower the enrollment the higher the tuition. The school is down in enrollment and the last thing they would do is to turn kids away.

For many years Trinity was the doormat in Class A, they are enjoying some success, don't spoil it because of a thought so redicules that they are keeping enrollment low just for the success of their athletics, furthermore, if that were the case why would there not be more kids from DHS trying to get into Trinity, their athletic programs do not compare to Trinitys the last few years. I also remember when DHS fielded excellent teams in most any sport each season, things change, let them run their course without taking the luster from one schools achievements because of a little success.     
exwestcoach

Return to Other Sports