top throwers coach in Class A

All other important sports and activities.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:58 pm

I'm interested to hear who you think is the best throwers coach in boy's track? I hear the Dickinson and Red River throwers coachers are top notch. but who else? If you were starting a track program who would you add as assistant coaches?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Mon May 01, 2006 11:38 am

OK...I know you said Class A, but IMO in Class B it's the staff of Nancy Paintner, Rick Anderson and Tim White at Griggs County Central. They've built a throwing powerhouse, mainly in the girls but the boys are really coming around. Last year's standout, Katie Piatz is having a strong freshman year at Jamestown College, and Emily Eslinger just signed to throw for NDSU.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby point/center » Mon May 01, 2006 11:44 am

oh no need to apologize. It's kind of like assistant coaches in FB, BB etc. these coaches do an awesome job and deserve some credit. I'm a big fan of the Mandan throwers coach. His JV kids are really progressing well.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Mon May 01, 2006 6:09 pm

i think the century coaches are doind phenomnal they are coaching the #1 discus thrower in the NATION (erika schroder)
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed May 03, 2006 6:40 am

TOP THROWING COACHES???? that doesnt even make any sense.  Who CARES.  sure you can teach a kid how to do a spin move in a circle but all in all it comes down to the strongest kids throwing the ball thing the farthest.  The coach does nothing.  but since the topic is about coaches i suppose i coudl throw one name out there....Jack Biesterfield (yea hes not just a football stud hes track too)
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed May 03, 2006 7:11 am

Unfortunately the throwing events are usually away from the grand stands so they don't get much attention.  But based on the varying distances that athletes throw I think that technical skill is as important as brute strength.  Saw in the paper that Richter from Williston threw the shot 46-9.  Wasn't he the QB for Williston?  I don't know what he looks like but I wouldn't imagine that he was a huge guy.  Qvale from Williston is a huge kid and he only threw it an inch farther.  I thinking coaching and practice do make a difference.  I think (could be wrong) Richter is a senior and Qvale is a freshman.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby RedWings7 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:41 am

schroder #1 in the nation? i find that very hard to believe that somebody from ND is #1 in the nation in something....could be true, but do you have any proof or facts so i can see for sure???
RedWings7

Postby Saucesauer » Wed May 03, 2006 7:51 am

Thats what my weights teacher was telling me
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Wed May 03, 2006 7:54 am

baseball wrote:TOP THROWING COACHES???? that doesnt even make any sense.  Who CARES.  sure you can teach a kid how to do a spin move in a circle but all in all it comes down to the strongest kids throwing the ball thing the farthest.  The coach does nothing.  but since the topic is about coaches i suppose i coudl throw one name out there....Jack Biesterfield (yea hes not just a football stud hes track too)

Don't underestimate the need for a solid throwers coach. Mandans JV throwers have really taken off this year with a new coach

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed May 03, 2006 8:56 am

According to the NDHSAA web site the top three throws in the state belong to Erika and the top three performers are all from Cen.  I tried to find a site that gave the nation's best HS throws but no dice as of yet.  However, I did find the California site and Florida site.  I don't know if they throw the same size disc but Erika is out throwing those two states best throws by about 8 feet.  That is enough proof for me.

Century boys also have several qualified in the throwing events.

Jav. seems to be weak in the class A west schools.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed May 03, 2006 11:03 am

point/center wrote:
baseball wrote:TOP THROWING COACHES???? that doesnt even make any sense.  Who CARES.  sure you can teach a kid how to do a spin move in a circle but all in all it comes down to the strongest kids throwing the ball thing the farthest.  The coach does nothing.  but since the topic is about coaches i suppose i coudl throw one name out there....Jack Biesterfield (yea hes not just a football stud hes track too)

Don't underestimate the need for a solid throwers coach. Mandans JV throwers have really taken off this year with a new coach

If this guy is that good, why is he the JV coach and not Varsity?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Wed May 03, 2006 11:09 am

he coaches both

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Wed May 03, 2006 5:13 pm

Schroeder is the top thrower in the country, she signed with V-Tech, one of the top track and field universities in the nation.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Wed May 03, 2006 5:35 pm

isn't the mandan throwers coach a college student at United Tribes? I could've sworn he was....TJ Running Bird? help?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saas25 » Sun May 07, 2006 3:13 pm

Im not sure who the best throwing coach in the state is, but it isn't about how strong you are: sure it helps but it is about your footwork and getting it out at the precise angle i believe the shotput is about 43 degrees.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saas25 » Sun May 07, 2006 3:14 pm

www.dyestat.com or www.trackshark.com are good sites for high school athletes across the nation.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun May 07, 2006 5:28 pm

Saas25 wrote:Im not sure who the best throwing coach in the state is, but it isn't about how strong you are: sure it helps but it is about your footwork and getting it out at the precise angle i believe the shotput is about 43 degrees.

WHAT.....THE...... DEUCE???  43 degrees?  You get a giant protractor out there and measure it?  That was just stupid.
Last edited by baseball on Sun May 07, 2006 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saas25 » Tue May 09, 2006 4:23 pm

They don't actually measure it but they estimate.  You don't know what the heck goes on in track so just stick other sites and keep your  mouth shut.  Have a nice day:)
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Tue May 09, 2006 5:08 pm

i tried 43 and had much better results with a little adjustment to 180 degrees

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Return to Other Sports