Virgil "Quicksilver" Hill

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:59 am

A 42 year old Hill beat Russian Valery Brudov, who was 30-0, for the vacant WBA cruiserweight title.  He say's he want's to fight one more big fight before he retires, win, lose or draw. 

I've alway's liked Virgil Hill.  Years ago before he was champion, he was fighting at the Fargo Civic Center.  He was the main event obviously and was beating everybody he fought rather easily.  The legendary Eddie Futch was his trainer at the time, and he was in his last few years of training then.  My martial arts school was putting on a demonstration between the matches so we all got in for free.  One of the guys with us wanted to get a picture with Virgil so he say's I'm gonna go ask him.  I thought, he fights in about 30 minutes, he doesn't have time to take pictures.  When he knocked on his dressing room Eddie Futch said he couldn't take any pictures right now, but Virgil goes say's to let us all in so we could get the picture, he was a heck of  a nice guy.  We took our picture with him then later he knocked the guy out with a body  shot in the second round.  It was a memorable night. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:04 pm

Pretty sweet story there dude!

When is Virgil's fight? There is/was one scheduled correct?
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things