All Star Weenkend opinions

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

All Star Weenkend opinions

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:01 am

Thought it was kinda lame...way to much focus on the Commentators, Reggie Miller and Charles Barley should both retire, Kenny Smith is way to loud...Dunk off was Nothing.
The NBA is trying to hard to hype it...People just wanna see the raw talent...and unless you get at least 10 three point shooters and 8 dunking don't even have the competition's.
Way to many Boston Players on the east team...Thats why they lost!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: All Star Weenkend opinions

Postby Indy5 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:59 pm

The three point contest, was the three point contest. The dunk contest was 10 times better than last year. The game was pretty decent too. The 4 Boston players on the team were all deserving as well.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:53 pm

I think the dunk competition could be way better though. As much as I personnally hate Lebron, I think he would make the dunk contest a lot better. Lebron, D-Wade, Durant, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, and Blake Griffin would have made for a great dunk contest. If you want to see a legit dunk over a car search Demetrius "Hook" Mitchell on youtube. He had a couple dunks over cars.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Indy5 wrote:The three point contest, was the three point contest. The dunk contest was 10 times better than last year. The game was pretty decent too. The 4 Boston players on the team were all deserving as well.

Then why didn't he play them?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:15 pm

The best part of the game was the final 6-7 minutes or so when the east started playing some "d" in an attempt to win the game and the west had to respond, otherwise it was just an overhyped game of playground ball. As far as the other contests, I couldn't care less and don't watch any of it.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:The three point contest, was the three point contest. The dunk contest was 10 times better than last year. The game was pretty decent too. The 4 Boston players on the team were all deserving as well.

He didn't play them as much because he wanted to rest them. Yes the all star game is about making it fun for the fans, but some coaches don't want their guys getting too many minutes. Especially being older the Celtics big three didn't get the minutes of say D Wade or Lebron. But if you noticed on the West side Popovich didn't play Duncan too much either. Wanted to let him rest.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:50 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

He didn't play them as much because he wanted to rest them. Yes the all star game is about making it fun for the fans, but some coaches don't want their guys getting too many minutes. Especially being older the Celtics big three didn't get the minutes of say D Wade or Lebron. But if you noticed on the West side Popovich didn't play Duncan too much either. Wanted to let him rest.

Duncan absolutely did not deserve to be there though. 13.4 ppg 9.2 rpg
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:00 am

Only watched the 3 point contest and the dunk contest. 3 point contest is what is. I don't like the way they run the dunk contest. I don't like the 2 minute limit to get a good dunk. If you miss it 3 or 4 times it loses all of it appeal when you make the 5th attempt. Maybe do 4 1st round dunks and take the top 2 scores. Best dunk of the night was Demar Derozan's 2nd dunk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E52u0aicG8
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:07 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Very true. Lamarcus Aldridge deserved that spot.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

You have to look at more than just numbers. Look at what he means to his team. When your part of the nucleus of the team with the best record in the NBA, you deserve to be there. KG is averaging 14.9 and 9.0 a game. Should he not have been there?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Woodside » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:13 pm

McGee won the dunk contest. I know he's a seven footer, but the things he did were incredible. I thought his dunks were better than Griffin's, but the final round was essentially a popularity contest.
Woodside
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:47 pm

Indy5 wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

You have to look at more than just numbers. Look at what he means to his team. When your part of the nucleus of the team with the best record in the NBA, you deserve to be there. KG is averaging 14.9 and 9.0 a game. Should he not have been there?

I guess my feeling on it is the all star game is for the best players not the best players on the best teams. I think Aldridge should have been there instead of him 22.4ppg 9.0 rpg. I think that Tony Parker is a better player than him this year but he didnt make it 17.5ppg 6.6 apg. As for KG i dont think he should have been there either...I just cant think of anyone off hand who to replace him with as easy as i can with Duncan. But Im sure there are some.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things