Duke Men

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Duke Men

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Never used to like Duke...in the last 2-4 years they are growing on me...2 questions

1. can they still win it all?
2. was Irving the best in the country before he went down?

My answers

1. Yes they can but they will be seriously challenged and it wont totally surprise me if they don't
2. I think he was, I think he has a better head on his shoulders then lets say Melo had with Syracuse...more on the Level of a Westbrook or Durant, Rose

If your a duke hater, dont clutter the thread please
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Duke Men

Postby Indy5 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:30 pm

winner-within wrote:Never used to like Duke...in the last 2-4 years they are growing on me...2 questions

My answers

1. Yes they can but they will be seriously challenged and it wont totally surprise me if they don't
2. I think he was, I think he has a better head on his shoulders then lets say Melo had with Syracuse...more on the Level of a Westbrook or Durant, Rose

I don't know if you remember, but Westbrook wasn't that much of an elite college player. On UCLA's team it was Love and Collison and Westbrook's job was to play D.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Never used to like Duke...in the last 2-4 years they are growing on me...2 questions

My answers

I don't know if you remember, but Westbrook wasn't that much of an elite college player. On UCLA's team it was Love and Collison and Westbrook's job was to play D.

Yes I knew he wasn't a PT player I was referring more to his demeanor and potential, thanks for pointing that out though.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:51 am

1. Yes, they have a chance. They are one of a handful of teams i feel have a chance. Duke, Kansas, OSU, Texas, Pitt are the teams I feel it comes down to. Give me them 5 teams and anyone can have the field and ill put money down.

Maybe im being a homer for my team, but Kansas is 23-1 (56-4 over the last two years, unrelated to the conversation, but come on 56-4!!!!) and havent played a single game this year with their entire team...Selby suspension, Johnson suspension, Little suspension, Releford injury, Selby injury...What they did to Missouri on monday just shows they might be the team to beat. No one in the country has 2 bigs who can guard the Morris brothers when they are on the court together. but moving on...

2. IMO, no he was not, maybe not even the best on his own team (numbers were somewhat inflated by the MiSU game, other then that game he was a good, but not best in country type of player). Before he went down was when Kemba Walker was making the country look like his little brother trying to guard him in the driveway. Not to mention this guy names Jimmer.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:29 am

Duke had a nice Game last night with North Carolina, Impressive down the stretch, I think if you throw Irving into the picture in a game like this it turns into 15 point ball game JMO
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:31 am

I believe they will keep their newly received #1 ranking, get a #1 seed and fly through the tournament as a champion.
gobison
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things