Pro Bowl

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Pro Bowl

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:31 pm

It's a joke and they shouldn't even play it. Most of the players aren't even trying and just trying to stay healthy for next year. The NFL is so popular that it doesn't need a all star game, all they need to do is just name a pro bowl squad for each side and that would be good enough. But that game was a embarrassment yesterday. jmho
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: Pro Bowl

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:32 pm

ndfan wrote:It's a joke and they shouldn't even play it. Most of the players aren't even trying and just trying to stay healthy for next year. The NFL is so popular that it doesn't need a all star game, all they need to do is just name a pro bowl squad for each side and that would be good enough. But that game was a embarrassment yesterday. jmho

Agreed!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:57 pm

The Pro Bowl shouldn't be before the Super Bowl...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:00 pm

I agree that its a pointless exhibition, but so is the NBA all star game. The only one worth anything is the MLB for some reason. Maybe its the nastalgia of baseball, summer, etc. Who knows. You can't blame the NFL for trying something different and moving the date its played. Maybe they should move it to one week after the Super Bowl, tho.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:03 pm

I agree...it would have been nice to see some GB and Pitt players participate.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:25 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:The Pro Bowl shouldn't be before the Super Bowl...

I disagree with that, only because I love watching football and it helps fill that void of no football the weekend before the super bowl. But yesterdays game was an embarrassment.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:27 pm

After trying to watch this butt kicking ans listen to the non emotional announces. I look at the fan base attendance and there seems to not alot of interest in this game. I love football but this game was every hard to watch. When it was 35-7, I turned channels and when I flipped back, it was just about tied up!!! :shock: How does this happen? Got to try and keep the fans coming, even tho it was not much of a game... Each year it's getting harder and harder to watch this game.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:33 am

The Pro Bowl needs something added to it. It was somewhat boring to watch and more than half the players don't even want to be there.
gobison
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things