A Ring for Lebron

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

A Ring for Lebron

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:35 am

He may get one with Heat this Spring???? I say Might
He would have gotten one with Knicks, Chicago, Clippers? Yes, Yes, Yes!

anyones thoughts
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: A Ring for Lebron

Postby ndfan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:27 am

winner-within wrote:He may get one with Heat this Spring???? I say Might

anyones thoughts

Health to me right now would be the only thing that holds them back right now. After the big three that team would have troubles beating some of the better d-1 teams right now.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:49 am

ndfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:He may get one with Heat this Spring???? I say Might

anyones thoughts

Health to me right now would be the only thing that holds them back right now. After the big three that team would have troubles beating some of the better d-1 teams right now.

Totally agree, was my inside thinking to my post....the heat are thin on the reserves
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:39 am

I hope he does not get a ring. The guy is so full of himself - the debacle of his announcement of "taking his talents to Miami," and it seems like every other week he is having to backtrack on some stupid statement or tweet he has made. The guy drastically overestimates his importance to the world.

I cannot root for a guy like that.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Hinsa wrote:I hope he does not get a ring. The guy is so full of himself - the debacle of his announcement of "taking his talents to Miami," and it seems like every other week he is having to backtrack on some stupid statement or tweet he has made. The guy drastically overestimates his importance to the world.

I agree! If you listen to a lot of people who have know him since HS you hear a lot of words like "spoiled, self absorbed, full of himself, sense of entitlement, etc..." I hope karma bites him! If the Heat can find a big or two to help defend against the Celtics and the Magic they have a very good chance to win it all this year. If they don't find that big to play defense and Lebron, Dwyane and Chris stay healthy they have a pretty good chance of winning it all. I hope this whole "Big 3" thing blows up in their faces.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Hinsa wrote:I hope he does not get a ring. The guy is so full of himself - the debacle of his announcement of "taking his talents to Miami," and it seems like every other week he is having to backtrack on some stupid statement or tweet he has made. The guy drastically overestimates his importance to the world.

it is tough, but don't kid yourself Jordan was no different, he stays in Chicago if Collins is fired, he tells Jackson he's the boss and Jackson tells him(good old ND boy) "actually Mike, you may be God, but you will have to do it my way"....same thing is happening with Riley and Lebron as we speak..... , Different time, different era, same ego, less media BS....
Read Sacred Hoops and you will find out the truth about Mike. I am a fan of the King's style of play, way before his attitude, yet I like his persona (pizazz)....whats cool about Lebron in my book is We all know he needs his Butt kicked but even when you put Arrtest on him to rough him up, its Lebron who does the roughing up...
He's strong, he's tall, he's gifted in every aspect of the game...and he is the best Ball player on the planet, hard not to root for him for me...but thats me....I respect your vision on him also and see your point....actually the way you feel about James is the way I feel about Rothlesscheeseburger......but thats another thread :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:37 pm

He would have been better with the Bulls. Rose and him would have dominated a game especially with the way Rose is playing this year plus if he wants to be like Mike why not follow his footsteps and play for the Bulls.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:52 pm

He didn't take his talents to Miami, he took them to South Beach. :wink:
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:38 pm

That's right, South Beach. How could I forget!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 am

Schmidty22 wrote:He would have been better with the Bulls. Rose and him would have dominated a game especially with the way Rose is playing this year plus if he wants to be like Mike why not follow his footsteps and play for the Bulls.

I love LeBron...but his ego would never let him play in MJ's shadow.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 am

baseball wrote:
Schmidty22 wrote:He would have been better with the Bulls. Rose and him would have dominated a game especially with the way Rose is playing this year plus if he wants to be like Mike why not follow his footsteps and play for the Bulls.

I love LeBron...but his ego would never let him play in MJ's shadow.

I agree with that...I also think (because he has 7 years in the league and we could already classify him a Veteran) that he was not going to a team full of youth, he's trained enough new blood in his day, also he is definitely a character person and he enjoys being around D-wade (who he can learn from)
I would also say that geography played a part (small) all said and done, I think he made the right move at the right time. Its Wade's team but the baton will be passed within 2 seasons.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things