Rose---Westbrook

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Rose---Westbrook

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:26 am

I gotta go with Rose as we speak.....he's Fierce!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Rose---Westbrook

Postby ndfan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:30 am

winner-within wrote:I gotta go with Rose as we speak.....he's Fierce!

Can't go wrong with either, but right now I would take Rose to.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Derrick Rose is my favorite player to watch right now in the NBA. He is starting to get a jumper now and is very hard to defend. He is the most explosive guard in the NBA today.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm a Thunder fan, but I might still go with Rose. I'm not so sure on that though. I remember something Doug Gottlieb said, "Derrick Rose is much closer to Stephon Marbury than he ever will be to Magic." I kind of agree with this. You don't see a whole lot of teams win titles when a score first point guard is their best player.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Indy5 wrote:I'm a Thunder fan, but I might still go with Rose. I'm not so sure on that though. I remember something Doug Gottlieb said, "Derrick Rose is much closer to Stephon Marbury than he ever will be to Magic." I kind of agree with this. You don't see a whole lot of teams win titles when a score first point guard is their best player.

he is way better than Marbury when Marbury was his age...he has way more vision and is smarter than marbury..he just needs a few more componants in the line up so he can change his game some to less scoring and more leading....Nope not a magic...but now days if Magic came out of college he would have to play 2 or 3 position...the points playing now are lightning fast.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:53 pm

More vision then Marbury? are you kidding me? In starburys second season he averaged 9 assists and shot over 41 percent. For a stretch of 10 years he averaged 20 and 8, Rose is a good player, but Marbury is one of the better pg's to ever lace em up. Many people forget that.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:12 pm

The Schwab wrote:More vision then Marbury? are you kidding me? In starburys second season he averaged 9 assists and shot over 41 percent. For a stretch of 10 years he averaged 20 and 8, Rose is a good player, but Marbury is one of the better pg's to ever lace em up. Many people forget that.

Exactly. Marbury was extremely talented and just like Rose, was a very flashy point guard. Had great explosive plays attacking the hoop and showtime assists. Not really what you might want to build your franchise around.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:45 am

Speaking of Starbury, anyone else enjoy his extremely cheap clothing store before it closed?!? That place was awesome!
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:51 am

The Schwab wrote:More vision then Marbury? are you kidding me? In starburys second season he averaged 9 assists and shot over 41 percent. For a stretch of 10 years he averaged 20 and 8, Rose is a good player, but Marbury is one of the better pg's to ever lace em up. Many people forget that.

Rose will have more accomplishments in the next ten years than 20 and 8...he will play in more than just 2 Allstar games...and if he had a comparable young Garnett as a teammate he would average 10 or more assists per game...and what people wont forget, or at least me, is he wasn't very smart on the business side of the league, which is part of my Vision statement....see the future, money side too.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:54 am

Marbury had KG, and that was it, Rose has a much better supporting cast then Marbury every dreamed of having in minny.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:32 am

The Schwab wrote:Marbury had KG, and that was it, Rose has a much better supporting cast then Marbury every dreamed of having in minny.

Come on he had Joe Smith :wink:
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:41 am

Marbury way overrated, I will take rose over him anytime!!
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:41 am

The Schwab wrote:Marbury had KG, and that was it, Rose has a much better supporting cast then Marbury every dreamed of having in minny.

Lets see, KG fresh out a high school or a Banged up Boozer...Hmmm! are you sure, and don't name them other no names, because KG makes up for all of them put together...Marbury (and I dont know how he came into the picture) was a loser.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 am

winner-within wrote:

Lets see, KG fresh out a high school or a Banged up Boozer...Hmmm! are you sure, and don't name them other no names, because KG makes up for all of them put together...Marbury (and I dont know how he came into the picture) was a loser.

A loser? sorry but I disagree with that. KG was good, i'm not arguing that, but go look at who else was on that team.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:51 am

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:

A loser? sorry but I disagree with that. KG was good, I'm not arguing that, but go look at who else was on that team.

I'm a little rough on Stephan, for the simple fact (IMO) was a rebel, didn't blend well with any system really...A good Player?.. Yep....did he define "a point guard who made a lasting impression"...not for me.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things