Barkley or Griffin

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Barkley or Griffin

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Chuck or Blake...I know Blake is just starting out but is he better than Chuck was...and will he be as effective as Chuck was.

I'd take Barkley
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Barkley or Griffin

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:00 pm

winner-within wrote:Chuck or Blake...I know Blake is just starting out but is he better than Chuck was...and will he be as effective as Chuck was.

I'd take Barkley

Barkley was one of the top Power Forwards of all time, and i'm amazed he was able to dominate while giving up 5-6 inches every night. CB for right now
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Blake Griffin had knee surgery that forced him to miss his enitre rookie year. The way he plays....i'll hold off judgement until he plays a few season's injury free. It's no secret that leg injuries to bigs tend to be lingering...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:02 pm

I'm going to make a slight adjustment to my initial thoughts....Blake's a bad Man...even in Barkley's prime...Griffen might take him to school...be fun to watch :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 am

you know its a crying shame when a player has to grab someones arm so he cant go baseline and jam...I have seen so many players at every level of Basketball who are hugely envious of the guy who can jump...Jumping in the game of Bball is the most envied skill there is, (I didnt say the most important)...Why, because so many cant...take a jumper who realizes the other skills are important also and he becomes the best of all time...Oh yea, Jordan thought of that a while ago :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things