ESPN

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

ESPN

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03 pm

I just wanna say that our generation has been so lucky to have two of the best NFL Sportscaster's of all time......................Chris Berman & Tom Jackson....a true joy to listen to.
Last edited by winner-within on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: ESPN

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:01 pm

winner-within wrote:I just wanna say that our generation has been so lucky to have two of the best Sportscaster's of all time maybe even the best of all time doing NFL....Chris Berman & Tom Jackson....a true joy to listen to.

I will agree with you on Tom Jackson he does a really good job, but I really can't stand Chris Berman he annoys me for some reason.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 pm

ndfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:I just wanna say that our generation has been so lucky to have two of the best Sportscaster's of all time maybe even the best of all time doing NFL....Chris Berman & Tom Jackson....a true joy to listen to.

I will agree with you on Tom Jackson he does a really good job, but I really can't stand Chris Berman he annoys me for some reason.

I actually don't really like Tom Jackson that much. I don't mind Berman. He gets on my nerves a little sometimes, but for the most part I don't mind him. Jackson just annoys me. Not sure what it is.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:58 am

those comments are so interesting, that's why I posted.... you have to give your best replacement, It can even be outside of ESPN....but please not Steve Young.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:21 am

I enjoy Tom Jackson but Berman and his sound effects drive me crazy. I would rather listen to Howie Long or Jimmy Johnson on Fox any day.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby digger » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Everyone's got their favorite guys. Give me Michaels and Collinsworth, they're my favorite game announcers. Pregame? Anyone but the FOX chuckleheads, those guys make my ears bleed.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:45 pm

digger wrote:Everyone's got their favorite guys. Give me Michaels and Collinsworth, they're my favorite game announcers. Pregame? Anyone but the FOX chuckleheads, those guys make my ears bleed.

I absolutely cant stand collinsworth...I just dont think he adds anything to the conversation that isnt already obvious. Personally i like listening to Gruden.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:53 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
digger wrote:Everyone's got their favorite guys. Give me Michaels and Collinsworth, they're my favorite game announcers. Pregame? Anyone but the FOX chuckleheads, those guys make my ears bleed.

I absolutely cant stand collinsworth...I just dont think he adds anything to the conversation that isnt already obvious. Personally i like listening to Gruden.

I think Gruden does a excellent job, and I'm probably in the minority but I think Troy Aikman does a good job to.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Gruden, Aikman...both descent...you can learn the game from Gruden...Collinsworth puts me to sleep......this next guy can linger to long and really loves himself, but he is usually spot on...and that's Trent Dilfer...I like his post game analysis....He's positive!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:41 pm

The worst in my opinion is Joe Theismann, man I don't know how anybody ever hired him.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:08 pm

ndfan wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:

I think Gruden does a excellent job, and I'm probably in the minority but I think Troy Aikman does a good job to.

Aikman is decent i can atleast listen to him. Another one that I cant stand is Joe Buck.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 pm

I can't stand Buck or Collinsworth....they drive me nuts. I like Aikman, Bradshaw, and Long although I don't know how Long and Bradshaw would do play by play. Gruden isn't bad and I think Dilfer does good analysis, too. Used to like Moose Johnston but I don't know if he's on anymore. Tony Saragusa isn't bad either.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:17 pm

I like Michael Irvin but can't stand keyshawn, Cris Carter, and Warren Sapp
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:03 am

ndfan wrote:I like Michael Irvin but can't stand keyshawn, Cris Carter, and Warren Sapp

agreed, the reason I like Berman is Play by Play....does it good with Baseball too.....Kieth Olbermann was slick and IMHO...Dan Patrick was King...when on ESPN......currently I like Van Pelt....yep I'm a boring guy....its all sports. :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:27 am

Van Pelt is King

Kenny Mayne is #2
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Kenny Mayne is the ESPN version of Will Farrell, you either really love his humor or you can't stand him. I'm in the can't stand corner.

Keith Olberman was good when he was on ESPN but now he's a pompous, arrogant jackass who suddenly thinks he knows all things political.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby digger » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Hinsa wrote:Kenny Mayne is the ESPN version of Will Farrell, you either really love his humor or you can't stand him. I'm in the can't stand corner.

Keith Olberman was good when he was on ESPN but now he's a pompous, arrogant jackass who suddenly thinks he knows all things political.

Amen to that brother.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:05 pm

digger wrote:
Hinsa wrote:Kenny Mayne is the ESPN version of Will Farrell, you either really love his humor or you can't stand him. I'm in the can't stand corner.

Amen to that brother.

I generally think of all sport announcers in this sense...
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:10 pm

"Now here's a guy who when he scores a touchdown, it's worth 6 points"- I love John Madden

I really like Gruden, Marv Albert and I don't mind Jay Bilas. I hate Bill Walton, dude Vitale and Randy Cross (worst of all time). And I love watching the NBA postgame show with Barkley, he has the IQ of a grapefruit.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:22 pm

IQ of a grapefruit! I don't know why but I laughed out loud at that one, probably because it is so close to the truth.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:45 pm

I, too, love watching Barkley.

And since Vitale was mentioned, and the topic is ESPN....I'm thinking of boycotting the station after hearing they extended Vitale's contract through 2015...Can't stand the guy. You can see him losing it over the past few years. All he is is the old guy whose been there so long people dont want to be the ones to kick him out.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm not sure how Barkley is on other subjects, but he knows basketball, and he won't surgarcoat it for anyone. I like that about him.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Van Pelt is awesome. Dilfer is ok. Gruden is really good. He's my favorite as far as football goes. Aikman is alright. I don't mind Barkley. I like Doug Gottlieb. Vitale is just annoying. My favorite is definitely Collin Cowherd. As for basketball, I'd have to say Reggie Miller (not sure if he's still on TNT).
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:29 pm

I can't remember when it was, maybe 2 weeks ago, on the NBA postgame show I was literally falling out of my chair laughing at Barkley, and just wondering how he was able to be eligible to play college bball.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Kenny Smith was his tutor
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things