Bullying

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Bullying

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:28 pm

With the recent suicide of a Griggs County student, the nation-wide "epidemic" of children taking their own lives due to bullying has hit close to home. I understand bullying is different now than it was years ago... it's less physical and more technological - facebook, texting, etc. Is it a wide-spread problem in North Dakota? What are kids doing/saying today that would push a student to take his/her own life? I'd be interested in hearing from current students. Is it a problem in your school? How are teachers/parents/administrators handling it? How do we fix this problem?
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Bullying

Postby Hinsa » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Was this incident of bullying spurred by jealousy? I have heard that that Cassidy was a very good student and good in athletics.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Hinsa wrote:Was this incident of bullying spurred by jealousy? I have heard that that Cassidy was a very good student and good in athletics.

I don't think they have all the info yet to determine what the bullying was over...

This story is so sad that it had to come to taking her own life...I hope those who were bullying her feel horrible right now.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby baseball » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:31 pm

You never know with bullying. One of the stories I read ever said that the "bullies" were even making sarcastic/uncalled for comments about a girls outfit while standing over her casket at her funeral. That's what made me want to throw up. bullying is bad enough, but to continue it once they have taken their own life....what goes through some peoples heads.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:57 pm

baseball wrote:You never know with bullying. One of the stories I read ever said that the "bullies" were even making sarcastic/uncalled for comments about a girls outfit while standing over her casket at her funeral. That's what made me want to throw up. bullying is bad enough, but to continue it once they have taken their own life....what goes through some peoples heads.

I remember reading about that story too...another horrible thing about that story was that it was the 4th suicide committed by a student at that high school in the past several years.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/08/oh ... dead-hand/

IMO...SOMETHING has got to change...and fast!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things