Northern Iowa's Ben Jacobsen

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Northern Iowa's Ben Jacobsen

Postby old lineman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:34 pm

What a game and what a season the UNI Panther's have had. Ben has done a great job.. Small town boy does good.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Northern Iowa's Ben Jacobsen

Postby forthree » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:36 pm

I am a BIG Kansas fan but if they had to loose, UNI was my choice. It will be interesting to watch their next game and see how far they can go. Ben Jacobson has made himself very marketable.
forthree
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:40 pm

excellent topic and an awsome game...didnt pick em but I got Kentucy winning it all...this helps my pool....Thumbs up Ben!!!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby 3nout » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 pm

I see he just signed a new contract today. 10 years, $450 K to start, then $25K additional each year until 2020. Nice deal for him. He definitely has the program heading in the right direction. Great to hear this about a North Dakota boy. Keep it up!!!
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:02 am

i think he signed one too quick. if they beat MSU this weekend, which is likely without Kalin Lucas, he would have been looked at for almost any and all openings in the country.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:10 am

i figured thats why he did it and youre right..nothing wrong with that. im just suprised he didnt wait to atleast listen to offers
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby old lineman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:35 am

Rumor has it in Mayville that they moved Red Soholt's picture over at the bakery to make room for Ben's
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:14 pm

baseball wrote:i figured thats why he did it and youre right..nothing wrong with that. im just suprised he didnt wait to atleast listen to offers

What big jobs are going to be open? Oregon? Saint Johns? Talk about a double yuck. I think UNI has a better program than those two schools. He's got a great thing going, could make UNI like the Gonzaga of the WCC.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:51 pm

The Schwab wrote:
baseball wrote:i figured thats why he did it and youre right..nothing wrong with that. im just suprised he didnt wait to atleast listen to offers

What big jobs are going to be open? Oregon? Saint Johns? Talk about a double yuck. I think UNI has a better program than those two schools. He's got a great thing going, could make UNI like the Gonzaga of the WCC.

Pac 10....Big East. I didnt necessarily say big jobs, just listen to offers. There was mention of Auburn being interested, again yuck, but SEC > MVC, Iowa, DePaul.

Again, im not necessarily saying take the job. but if youre a coach at a mid major and a power conference school comes calling, you should atleast listen.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:44 am

I'm not saying he shouldn't listen to offers, the oregon job would be the one I would listen too. The only reason I say that is Mark Few has seemed to make a good name for himself at Gonzaga, and I see Ben doing the same.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:49 pm

He made an excellent decision, he made the right one...UNI gave him the chance, now hes given back...plus their paying him well...it isn't always about the checkbook :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things