LT+AP=SB?????

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

LT+AP=SB?????

Postby Milkman » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:06 am

Although it is probably old news that LaDainian Tomlison was talking with the Vikings Thursday, today he left NY and is heading back to San Diego to think about the offers from the Vikings and Jets. I was wondering if anyone had any other updates and what others opinions where on possibly having LT as our new 1A to Adrian's 1 in the Viking's backfield (to quote Chilly)

I think he would be a good fit and maybe provide AP with some veteran knowledge and help with his less than sticky hands.
Let’s go cut down some nets boys.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Re: LT+AP=SB?????

Postby Indy5 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:25 am

No it will not equal a super bowl. He's a very good guy and won't disrupt the locker room. But, he doesn't have that much left in the tank. When a runningback starts going downhill, he goes fast. Also, I don't think Favre will have the type of season he had this year. Just another year to age.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Milkman » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:09 am

Ha I knew this is what the first post was going to be.

I should explain, I do not feel that LT makes the Vikes a lock for the super bowl. I do however feel that he would be a viable replacement for Taylor. I'd rather have Taylor to be honest, but we didn't resign him so no use comparing the two now. Taylor isn't an option. A veteran RB might be good for AP. And as for LT's tank running out, well this would be a perfect fit for him. He wouldn't have to carry the team, just be a reliable 3rd down back.

And a side note, the title was just a play on initials. It was gonna say "LT in talks with Vikings" but come on thats boring and if ESPN has taught me anything its make your titles as sensational as possible.

This site could learn from battleyourtailoff.com, an all things sports and minnesota website with the same format as this one. Atleast there, they have a sense of humor. Take for example this title of a subject
"Burn Target Field to the ground. There is no point to continue" All the subject was about??????? the fact that Target field would not serve the beloved "Dome dog".
But I warn you BYTO is not for everyone. If you are easily offended stay away.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:46 am

LT makes the vikes a lock for the superbowl??? What about an aging quarterback (if he decides to come back) who again failed in the clutch..What about an offensive line who is on the downhill slide?? What about an aging defensive line who might lose a couple because of drugs???? They have somne issues and the window of opportunity is rapidly closing with this current team.,,
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:36 pm

scruffy wrote:LT makes the vikes a lock for the superbowl??? What about an aging quarterback (if he decides to come back) who again failed in the clutch..What about an offensive line who is on the downhill slide?? What about an aging defensive line who might lose a couple because of drugs???? They have somne issues and the window of opportunity is rapidly closing with this current team.,,

He didn't say they were a lock. He was asking if it makes them the favorite. That would be why he put a bunch of question marks.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Depends on who the QB is, if its favre they got a chance, if not no chance.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Milkman » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Actually I was just kind of asking what people felt about LT possibly becoming a Viking and if they had any updates......(according to ESPN he is most likely going to sign with the Jets, just saw this as I was typing a reply)

We all know that scruffy has already boughten his 2012 season tickets for the LA Vikings.

Well anyway this subject is pretty much moot, seeing as how "sources" close to LT say its 100% done deal with NY.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:05 pm

So much for that dream :(
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things