Minnesota Timberwolves

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Minnesota Timberwolves

Postby gobison#6 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 pm

I know they aren't very good, but any fans out there?
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Re: Minnesota Timberwolves

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:28 pm

I was until they got rid of Garnett, now im starting to come back around with no McHale haha.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonslayer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:04 am

I was until they had a miserable draft. They have no direction with their team, even though they are young, I don't see many of there guys really developing into All-star caliber players.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:07 am

bisonslayer wrote:I was until they had a miserable draft. They have no direction with their team, even though they are young, I don't see many of there guys really developing into All-star caliber players.

I think they need to build around Love, hes the perfect fit for Rambis triangle offense, a big man that can pass that well is hard to find. I think Flynn should be a pretty good player. They need to pick up another big man, they are just to short inside. And they need to add a 3 point shooter.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:02 am

i was until....

i was until....

atleast your guys are loyal haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm a fan, but they just dont' have anyone to identify with right now. Their star is Al Jefferson and he has no personality. And no one has been there long enough to even know who they are.

So it's tough to be excited about them right now. I agree, they have no direction whatsoever right now.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:10 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:I was until they had a miserable draft. They have no direction with their team, even though they are young, I don't see many of there guys really developing into All-star caliber players.

I think they need to build around Love, hes the perfect fit for Rambis triangle offense, a big man that can pass that well is hard to find. I think Flynn should be a pretty good player. They need to pick up another big man, they are just to short inside. And they need to add a 3 point shooter.

Brewer has been developing into a pretty good perimeter shooter. I think they are a good center and another good wing player away from being a decent team who could develop into a good team. They need to have good drafts the next 2 or 3 years.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:33 pm

If they are going to compete any time soon they need to be a big piece of the free agent puzzle this off season.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:34 pm

The Schwab wrote:If they are going to compete any time soon they need to be a big piece of the free agent puzzle this off season.

Yeah they do. Kahn needs to make a big move or two.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:04 pm

I'm not a huge fan, but I'll keep up with them.

Unfortunately this team is a long way from getting back to the playoffs after trades, poor drafts, injuries, etc.
The two best players are a short power forward and a short center,and Jefferson lost a step after his injury.
Their best point guard may never come and play in Minnesota (Rubio), and Flynn doesn't understand the triangle yet.
The only reason Brewer is scoring is because all the other wings are terrible on this team.

My Solutions:
Trade Jefferson away next year for a solid wing player and build around Love who is a good 4 in the triangle, but needs to be played next to a banger with length. Get Rubio here please. Insert Wayne Ellington into the starting lineup for the rest of the year, as the kid can shoot. Pray that you get the #1 pick and select Wall then u can trade Rubio for more than he's worth, cuz teams love him. IF you get the #2 pick select Cousins and this will open room to trade Jefferson away.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:32 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:I'm not a huge fan, but I'll keep up with them.

Unfortunately this team is a long way from getting back to the playoffs after trades, poor drafts, injuries, etc.
The two best players are a short power forward and a short center,and Jefferson lost a step after his injury.
Their best point guard may never come and play in Minnesota (Rubio), and Flynn doesn't understand the triangle yet.
The only reason Brewer is scoring is because all the other wings are terrible on this team.

My Solutions:
Trade Jefferson away next year for a solid wing player and build around Love who is a good 4 in the triangle, but needs to be played next to a banger with length. Get Rubio here please. Insert Wayne Ellington into the starting lineup for the rest of the year, as the kid can shoot. Pray that you get the #1 pick and select Wall then u can trade Rubio for more than he's worth, cuz teams love him. IF you get the #2 pick select Cousins and this will open room to trade Jefferson away.

Would you rather have Gomes or Brewer at the 3?
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:44 pm

http://fargohealth.isagenix.com

I don't think Kahn ever trades Rubio unless they get #1 pick and John Wall. I think he want's to get Rudy Gay in free agency and then have a chance at getting someone like Turner in the 2010 draft. Jefferson is probably gone this offseason, I'd look for them to take what they can get for him and probably bring over Pekovic from Europe. Defensively he's better than Jefferson and he has decent low post moves to back up Love. Convincing Milicic to stay, or acquiring a defensive minded center is a big key. I wouldn't freak out about this team yet, they will have a chance to acquire a lot of talent in the next 2 years.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm

They are also VERY young.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 am

gobison#6 wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:I'm not a huge fan, but I'll keep up with them.

My Solutions:

Would you rather have Gomes or Brewer at the 3?

Brewer, but he's at best a 7th or 8th guy on a good playoff team
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 am

NDSportsFan wrote:I don't think Kahn ever trades Rubio unless they get #1 pick and John Wall. I think he want's to get Rudy Gay in free agency and then have a chance at getting someone like Turner in the 2010 draft. Jefferson is probably gone this offseason, I'd look for them to take what they can get for him and probably bring over Pekovic from Europe. Defensively he's better than Jefferson and he has decent low post moves to back up Love. Convincing Milicic to stay, or acquiring a defensive minded center is a big key. I wouldn't freak out about this team yet, they will have a chance to acquire a lot of talent in the next 2 years.

I love Rubio's Potential, but it doesn't seem that he really wants to play in Minnesota.
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonslayer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Indy5 wrote:They are also VERY young.

We have heard this for years, look around the league there is a lot of young teams. T-Wolves are no different. A developing team not only needs young talent, but a mix of veterans as well. You can only wait around for so long. A few others have commented that indeed what the T-Wolves need are some big moves in free agency, they need to get at least 2 established players either via free agency or trade (Al Jeffereson or Rubio whose value will only continue to diminish). Build around Love, should be able to pick up either Wall, Turner, or Cousins in the draft. Atleast 3 years away? IMO
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things