Kobe or Lebron?

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Kobe or Lebron?

Postby baseball » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Your not the Greatest in any sport unless you have won championships Tiger Jack Mj Kobe Magic Federer Venus Serina Bird Russel Montana Brady Emmit Payton Eli LeBron..Oh Wait!!! thats right he forgoned his championship so he could stay in Cleavland a play his playstation with the Bros.....But NO...he can Play he can rack up big #########'s why???? cause he's on a crappy team and he's the Bosss....boy that would be hard!!!!!!!! Mark Cuban would have a bunch of rings if he had his own way in the leauge as LeBron does....like I said before LeBron at 20 yrs old and Kobe at 27...Lebron couldnt carry his jock>>>>>

Ok, LeBron didn't have a choice in getting picked by Cleveland. How is that his fault?

apparently he should have gone to college for a year or 2 to avoid that pick...atleast that was his reasoning in another thread for saying its his fault for staying in Cleveland. Then the team picked up his final year of his rookie contract...again, not really his decision. that year they proceeded to make the NBA Finals...so he resigns thinking they are turning things around and one inch away from a title....who wouldnt tihnk that?? so i dont see any fault at all in staying in Cleveland.

If he's serious about winning a title, he'll take a contract less then the max he's offered in order to let the Cavs bring Bosh in.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Your not the Greatest in any sport unless you have won championships Tiger Jack Mj Kobe Magic Federer Venus Serina Bird Russel Montana Brady Emmit Payton Eli LeBron..Oh Wait!!! thats right he forgoned his championship so he could stay in Cleavland a play his playstation with the Bros.....But NO...he can Play he can rack up big #########'s why???? cause he's on a crappy team and he's the Bosss....boy that would be hard!!!!!!!! Mark Cuban would have a bunch of rings if he had his own way in the leauge as LeBron does....like I said before LeBron at 20 yrs old and Kobe at 27...Lebron couldnt carry his jock>>>>>

Ok, LeBron didn't have a choice in getting picked by Cleveland. How is that his fault?

well, thats an interesting question....maybe it isn't his fault.....maybe its the result of having the most raw, god gifted basketball ability ever known to mankind..... lets say LeBron was somewhat normal....than he would have had to make normal choices...college...where and how long do I stay...lets say he would have graduated 2 yrs sooner or two years later, well chances are that Cleavland was going to just remain the worst team so they could get him no matter what....so maybe it wasn't his fault....
but signing the extension was...I honestly believe he thought they would win one.. soon after his extension...but we know after just watching the Finals what it takes and Cleavland hasn't and will not have that in the near future no matter what they do.
I dont believe Kobe and Lebron is a fair comparison Lebron should be compared to the new guys...problem is...is there is no comparison....so we pick on Kobe, we pull his name from the Hat and say "lEbRON'S BETTER THAn YOU" problem is, is Kobe dont care and neither do his fans because he has run his race and LeBron is just getting off the starting blocks even though he has already 7 years under his belt...
I am a huge LeBron fan...but I explain him like this "dont wait to see a ring on his finger, just sit back and watch in amazement, dont compare his ability to anyone...he has no competition as we speak...he could end up like Conway Twitty, numerous Hits but no CMA or ACM awards...but we all know he had a killer voice and could entertain"
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:30 pm

baseball wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

apparently he should have gone to college for a year or 2 to avoid that pick...atleast that was his reasoning in another thread for saying its his fault for staying in Cleveland. Then the team picked up his final year of his rookie contract...again, not really his decision. that year they proceeded to make the NBA Finals...so he resigns thinking they are turning things around and one inch away from a title....who wouldnt tihnk that?? so i dont see any fault at all in staying in Cleveland.

If he's serious about winning a title, he'll take a contract less then the max he's offered in order to let the Cavs bring Bosh in.

so he hasn't been serious about winning a title??? that's what Ive been saying all along..... Bosh would be a step in the right direction....and if the pay cut was to humbling for LBJ it may take away from his concentration on championships....there is a strong possibility he does a KG and rides out the storm on being the king of paychecks from the NBA (we all know he rules that dept. in endorsements) I dont know if he could have a another prime timer on his team (Marbury -KG scandal) Heck he wont even enter the Dunk off for fear of being beat one on one...and he has his real loyal fans overlooking every flaw of his (like the one I just mentioned..FEAR) and paying heeds on his stats and blaming his team for no production when he and his team had the best season record....I could go on and on but dont hold your breath on the King giving up a dime.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:34 pm

winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

so he hasn't been serious about winning a title??? that's what Ive been saying all along..... Bosh would be a step in the right direction....and if the pay cut was to humbling for LBJ it may take away from his concentration on championships....there is a strong possibility he does a KG and rides out the storm on being the king of paychecks from the NBA (we all know he rules that dept. in endorsements) I dont know if he could have a another prime timer on his team (Marbury -KG scandal) Heck he wont even enter the Dunk off for fear of being beat one on one...and he has his real loyal fans overlooking every flaw of his (like the one I just mentioned..FEAR) and paying heeds on his stats and blaming his team for no production when he and his team had the best season record....I could go on and on but dont hold your breath on the King giving up a dime.

I'm not saying he's not serious about winning one, but every athlete says that, you just never see a superstar take a paycut in order for it to happen. the Lakers never would have signed Gasol had it forced Kobe to take a paycut. it just doesnt happen...esspecially when the said athlete is in the prime of his career.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:20 pm

winner-within wrote:so he hasn't been serious about winning a title??? that's what Ive been saying all along..... Bosh would be a step in the right direction....and if the pay cut was to humbling for LBJ it may take away from his concentration on championships....there is a strong possibility he does a KG and rides out the storm on being the king of paychecks from the NBA (we all know he rules that dept. in endorsements) I dont know if he could have a another prime timer on his team (Marbury -KG scandal) Heck he wont even enter the Dunk off for fear of being beat one on one...and he has his real loyal fans overlooking every flaw of his (like the one I just mentioned..FEAR) and paying heeds on his stats and blaming his team for no production when he and his team had the best season record....I could go on and on but dont hold your breath on the King giving up a dime.
To be fair that whole scandal was more Marbury's fault than KG's.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:12 pm

baseball wrote:
winner-within wrote:
baseball wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I'm not saying he's not serious about winning one, but every athlete says that, you just never see a superstar take a paycut in order for it to happen. the Lakers never would have signed Gasol had it forced Kobe to take a paycut. it just doesnt happen...esspecially when the said athlete is in the prime of his career.

Prime of his life with no rings, work for a buck a week...your already living in a 33,000 sq ft mansion thats right down the street from the 50 million dollar work out facility the boss (Gilbert) built.....the more I think of it I think LeBron should stay right there and make it work.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things