Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby MARKWALD23 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:35 pm

MEMPHIS, Tenn. – The Memphis Grizzlies on Thursday assigned rookie center Hasheem Thabeet to the Dakota Wizards of the NBA Development League on Thursday.

A 7-foot-3 Thabeet, the second overall pick last year, averaged 2.5 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 50 games. The former Connecticut player had a career-best 10 points on Jan. 2 at Phoenix.

Here's a link to a story about it from NBA.com. http://www.nba.com/dleague/dakota/thabeet_100225.html
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:00 am

i hope i recognize him if i see him...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:02 am

Might help bring in a few more fans and help on defense, but I don't think his offense is going to help one bit.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby Indy5 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Might help bring in a few more fans and help on defense, but I don't think his offense is going to help one bit.

His offense will be good because the caliber of play will be about as much as the Big East so he can just dunk all day. His only offense then was the alley oop and it still will be his only offense.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Looks like it was a good thing he was gone before the T-wolves picked haha
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
User avatar
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:32 am

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:37 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:Looks like it was a good thing he was gone before the T-wolves picked haha


Thanks for my laugh of the day!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby baseball » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:27 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:Looks like it was a good thing he was gone before the T-wolves picked haha


no need to worry...he wasnt a PG...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby Schmidty22 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:04 am

Thabeet with the Wizards is going to be like Haddadi with the Wizards a gong show.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
User avatar
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 am

Schmidty22 wrote:Thabeet with the Wizards is going to be like Haddadi with the Wizards a gong show.


Wow please tell me you didn't compare the two players haha. Thabeet is a good defensive player, just needs to get the whole "offensive" post up game down
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3543
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby Schmidty22 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:20 pm

It was just a joke haddadi was an epic failure with the Wizards but I think Tahbeet will be agreat fit for them
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
User avatar
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Schmidty22 wrote:It was just a joke haddadi was an epic failure with the Wizards but I think Tahbeet will be agreat fit for them


Alright good, haha. Haddadi was there on assignment, just because he had a pretty good olympic games.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3543
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:44 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Schmidty22 wrote:It was just a joke haddadi was an epic failure with the Wizards but I think Tahbeet will be agreat fit for them


Alright good, haha. Haddadi was there on assignment, just because he had a pretty good olympic games.


I wouldnt expect that much more from Thabeet then Haddadi provided. Thabeet is on assignment, just like Haddadi was. And he's on that assignment because Haddadi is taking his minutes.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby Schmidty22 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:02 am

18 points 13 boards in his home debut
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
User avatar
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:17 pm

$2 general admisson tickets for tonight's game.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Schmidty22 wrote:18 points 13 boards in his home debut


He's 7' 2" I hope he could get 7 dunks and 2 layups and zero offensive post game. He needs alot of work if Hameed is playing ahead of him in Memphis.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3543
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14128
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby Schmidty22 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:49 pm

18 points 16 rebounds against Tulsa pretty solid I would say.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
User avatar
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 pm

baseball wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
Schmidty22 wrote:It was just a joke haddadi was an epic failure with the Wizards but I think Tahbeet will be agreat fit for them


Alright good, haha. Haddadi was there on assignment, just because he had a pretty good olympic games.


I wouldnt expect that much more from Thabeet then Haddadi provided. Thabeet is on assignment, just like Haddadi was. And he's on that assignment because Haddadi is taking his minutes.


Random fact about the two, even though its just a video game Haddadi rates 68 on NBA Live, while Thabeet rates 70, not exactly an overwhelming difference. Thabeet being the lottery pick should be considered an epic failure, because he was well the 2nd pick. While Haddaid just came out of nowhere, but is basically just another body for the Grizzlies. If Thabeet would turn out to be what a 2nd pick should be, the Grizzlies would be a complete team. Thabeet needs to develop quickly, maybe some consective 20 10s could help him out a bit.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
User avatar
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:21 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:12 am

a 2nd pick center is drastically different from a 2nd pick guard/wing player. Thabeet is 7'3", cant teach size. dumb saying but its true. He's still a huge work in pogress. When he enrolled at UConn he was only in his 3rd year of playing basketball...I would never expect him to put up big scoring numbers, esspecially on a team with Mayo and Gay. he will be in there to grab rebounds and block shots....

atleast let him finish his rookie year before you claim epic fail.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby bisonslayer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:44 am

Yeah centers do take a while to develop, I look at Bynum he slowly came along and now is a great player. Yeah epic fail is wrong, I was just using the language from the earlier posts. It was known he wasn't going to come into the league and dominate, like you said hes a work in progress. I just wonder, do you really think Thabeet will be any better then a Samuel Dalembert though? I feel like if he even got to Dalembert's level, he would be considered a success. I use Dalembert, because obviously there is striking similarities. But Thabeet is 3 inches taller then Dalembert... I am might jumping the gun on him, maybes it just the idea that he went from 2nd pick to Bismarck!?

Its actually a good thing the D-League is now in place for situations like these. Rather then ride pine and just fade away after a few years, hes able to get some experience.

I will add that I believe centers are definitely the toughest position to find. So with a guy like Thabeet on the board, they had to take him. Looking around, usually the top teams have a top center, and theres only a few of em.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
User avatar
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:21 pm

Re: Hasheem Thabeet coming to Bismarck

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:33 am

he may not be great, but he was by far the best center in that draft. Thabeet, BJ Mullens (believed all the false hype around him), and Goran Suton..who are you going to take? Jordan Hill and Jeff Pendergraph may have been the closet to him as far as playing like a center, but they are true PF's.

He cashed in at the right time. the bigs in this years draft are better then the bigs who were in last years draft.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm


Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest