2009 Heisman Award

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

2009 Heisman Award

Postby 3nout » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:58 am

Just curious as to everyone elses thoughts on the Heisman. I was very happy to see Hdamakong Suh named as a finalist. Probably a long shot to win it, but it would be cool. I wouldn't mind seeing Gerhardt from Stanford win it either. Any thoughts?
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2009 Heisman Award

Postby squatch » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:08 pm

I like Mark Ingram best rusher in College Football..
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:55 pm

Got to go with McCoy
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby squatch » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:14 am

That would be my top choices:
1. Ingram
1. McCoy
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Anyone but Tim Tebow :!:
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Fargo_Flyers#12 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:39 am

Sportsrube wrote:Anyone but Tim Tebow :!:

agreed! i think it should be between mccoy and ingram...but i just saw that gehrhart got the best running back award
Fargo_Flyers#12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby crosscountry » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:25 pm

yeah i want suh or my boy toby... I just dont want see tim teboner win
Aaannd boom goes the dynamite
crosscountry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:53 am

Fargo_Flyers#12 wrote:agreed! i think it should be between mccoy and ingram...but i just saw that gehrhart got the best running back award

This was brought up on ESPN and they thought a lot had to do with the timing of the vote. Best running back was voted after the Alabama/Auburn game and the Heisman was voting after the SEC championship game which should help Ingram
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Anyone but Tim Tebow :!:

I'm sorry but I got to say it - Why? why the animosity towards Tebow? I am in no way a Florida fan, but how can you not root for the guy. What has he done to make people dislike him so much. He is a 4.0 student in something other than undergraduate studies for a major. He has the respect and love of every one of his teammates - so much so - that he took a chance of coming back this year to play one more year with them rather than get drafted into the NFL - and yes - he will get drafted and he will play somewhere and he will probably be a starter in a few years. Why? - Because he is the epitome of a leader and a winner. He doesn't do drugs,(take your pick) he doesn't rape women (Kobe), he hasn't been part of a murder investigation (Ray Lewis), he doesn't run an illegal animal-torturing camp (Vick), but yet many sports fans hate him, and worship these idiots. I'm not a Tebow fan as I've said - but I am a fan of people that are positive role models, and athletes that my kid can actually look up to and say, "I want to be like him" without it scaring the %$# out of me. Just my two cents - nothing personal with anyone here - I just needed to rant.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby riders » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:56 pm

to be honest, i am quite disappointed in the selection. for one thing i completely agree with BB11 in the fact that everybody hates on Tebow. tebow is a great player and should be recognized as such, however, noth this year. mc coy played well at times this year but wasn't the same mc coy as last year. ingram was outperformed by grehart but who gets it? the player from a "big name" school. gerhart rushed for more yards and also more TD's and i honestly feel as though stanford wold be lost without gerhart. and to add to BB11's standpoint, hes a standout baseball player too, helping stanford to the cws last year with 21 credits/semester, 3.25 gpa and graduating a semester early with a double major. not only is he a great player but he is a guy that you would want your kids to say they look up to. talk about dropping the ball heisman voters....
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby duke_boy90 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:27 pm

riders wrote:to be honest, i am quite disappointed in the selection. for one thing i completely agree with BB11 in the fact that everybody hates on Tebow. tebow is a great player and should be recognized as such, however, noth this year. mc coy played well at times this year but wasn't the same mc coy as last year. ingram was outperformed by grehart but who gets it? the player from a "big name" school. gerhart rushed for more yards and also more TD's and i honestly feel as though stanford wold be lost without gerhart. and to add to BB11's standpoint, hes a standout baseball player too, helping stanford to the cws last year with 21 credits/semester, 3.25 gpa and graduating a semester early with a double major. not only is he a great player but he is a guy that you would want your kids to say they look up to. talk about dropping the ball heisman voters....

I agree. I'm not really that upset about Ingram winning it but I thought Gerhart deserved it. Yes, Bama did better than Stanford, but if you take Ingram off Bama they're still a pretty dang good team. Take Gerhart off Stanford.......
duke_boy90
NDPreps Starter

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:45 pm

I thought the most DOMINATING player this year was Suh. just my opinion
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:35 pm

i have to disagree. Suh had a few very standout games that made his stats for this season look amazing (i.e. Nebraska vs. Texas, 4.5 sacks). Suh is an amazing d-lineman but i feel like he isnt the "motor" of the team like gerhart or tebow. hes good, great even, but not the "typical" heisman candidate. and keep in mind, this is coming from a husker fan.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:39 am

Suh won AP College Football Player of the Year.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things