Packers @ Vikings....discuss.

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Packers @ Vikings....discuss.

Postby Milkman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:20 am

Hahaha, as if that isn't loaded enough.

My honest opinion? Vikings are the favorite and thus have the pressure on them (for the record I bleed purple). If the Vikings play their best ball and the Packers play their best, Vikings win. But like any good rival it doesn't matter if one team is a SB contender and the other couldn't win a game if fixed (not implying anything) this will be a barn burner and played to the last down. I am so jacked for this game. Heck Im throwing an super bowl type party just for it.

Vikings 24 Packers 21.....Packers too focused on putting the hurt on Brett Favre and forget about AP and the running game. Vikings control the line o scrimmage and Aaron Rodgers doesn't have enough time to make the big plays down field <-----my opinion and mostly my hopes
Let’s go cut down some nets boys.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Re: Packers @ Vikings....discuss.

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 am

I have to go with the Vikings too. I think they will shut down the run and force Rodgers to beat them through the air and he doesn't have enough weapons to do that. The only thing that will kill the Vikings is if they keep running that conservative offense all night. They need to throw the ball down field more than 3 -4 times a game to give Adrian more room to run at the line of scrimmage. They have the most boring play calling in the league.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:02 am

I may be biased, but I feel that the Vikings are the best team in the NFL this year. If they come to play, it's over. The Vikings secondary is much improved this year, the D-line still stuffs opponents (even though not as much as in the past), the O-Line is opening holes for the best running back in the NFL, and now we have a quarterback who makes smart decisions.
Vikings 28
Packers 10
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 am

Sportsrube wrote:I have to go with the Vikings too. I think they will shut down the run and force Rodgers to beat them through the air and he doesn't have enough weapons to do that. The only thing that will kill the Vikings is if they keep running that conservative offense all night. They need to throw the ball down field more than 3 -4 times a game to give Adrian more room to run at the line of scrimmage. They have the most boring play calling in the league.

well that's what we got when we hired Brad Childress!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:37 am

I agree - Childress is the weak link on the Vikings.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:48 am

Sportsrube wrote:I agree - Childress is the weak link on the Vikings.

but then again we wouldn't have some key players from this season without his doing. (Brett Favre, Greg Lewis, etc.) So I guess we can't complain!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:16 pm

Sportsrube wrote:They (Vikings) have the most boring play calling in the league.

you didn't watch the 49ers game did you?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:25 pm

So I seem to be the only Packers fan. Go Packers! I hope they win... Anything can happen when they play each other. Although I know the Vikings are a great team this year.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Milkman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:06 pm

thatguy422 wrote:So I seem to be the only Packers fan. Go Packers! I hope they win... Anything can happen when they play each other. Although I know the Vikings are a great team this year.

As a Packer fan, what is the more heated rivalry? pack/vikes or pack/bears. And I mean personally for you. Like if you could only see one packer game, would it be chicago at GB or MN at GB? and im talkin year in and year out, not situational based. You gotta pick at the begining of the season before knowing which game is going to determin if you make the playoffs or not (or something to that effect)

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Milkman wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:So I seem to be the only Packers fan. Go Packers! I hope they win... Anything can happen when they play each other. Although I know the Vikings are a great team this year.

As a Packer fan, what is the more heated rivalry? pack/vikes or pack/bears. And I mean personally for you. Like if you could only see one packer game, would it be chicago at GB or MN at GB? and im talkin year in and year out, not situational based. You gotta pick at the begining of the season before knowing which game is going to determin if you make the playoffs or not (or something to that effect)

Living in North Dakota, pack/vikes is much more heated. 80% of my friends like the Vikes. I can only think of 2 people I know that like the bears,one being my uncle haha. I always rub it in when the Pack win, and my friends always rub it in when the Vikes win.
So I would watch the Pack/Vikes game.

If i lived in Chicago I would probably watch the Pack/Bears game because all my friends would like da Bears.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Milkman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:51 pm

That's kind of what I thought. All my packer friends say they hate the Vikings more than the Bears but the media still claims that the Pack Bears is the better rivalry. They site length and tradition. Someone said they saw a packers fan with a t-shirt sayin Bears s*ck at a game and it wasn't even bears/pack game. Ive seen the same thing for vikes/pack. I was just in a gas station that had unlicensed green and gold and purple and gold gear with dirogitory statements on both.

You do bring up a good point, region probably plays a huge factor. I wonder what the packer fan who lives blocks away from lambeau with season ticketst that have been handed down for generations would say. I would take his opinion of the rivalries as truth.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:29 am

Milkman wrote:That's kind of what I thought. All my packer friends say they hate the Vikings more than the Bears but the media still claims that the Pack Bears is the better rivalry. They site length and tradition. Someone said they saw a packers fan with a t-shirt sayin Bears s*ck at a game and it wasn't even bears/pack game. Ive seen the same thing for vikes/pack. I was just in a gas station that had unlicensed green and gold and purple and gold gear with dirogitory statements on both.

You do bring up a good point, region probably plays a huge factor. I wonder what the packer fan who lives blocks away from lambeau with season ticketst that have been handed down for generations would say. I would take his opinion of the rivalries as truth.

Ya as a Packer's fan in North Dakota I have to hate the Vikings. It's just not right for me to cheer for them. Ever. haha. The only time I MIGHT cheer for them is against the Patriots. But if it was super bowl I would probably cheer for the Pats cuz it's always fun to remind Viking's fans that they've never won a super bowl : P

Lambeau field is amazing. I went to a pre-season game there two summers ago. The atmosphere is insane. I don't know if the metrodome atmosphere has changed since the last time I saw a game there, but the atmopshere at Lambeau for just a pre-season game was about 10 time better than for a regular season Viking's game. Packers fans are just crazy around Lambeau. I would love to be one of those people living right by the field. Haha they charge people to park in their yards.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Milkman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 am

Haha, I'll be honest with ya. If its a Packers, Patriots Super Bowl.......Go Pack(and that is the ONLY time you will hear me say that.

I would love to go to Lambeau sometime in my life. If it is 10x better that is saying a lot because that dome isn't quiet (cue piping in noise accusations)and us Viking fans a quite rowdy. But I image GB having the same feel as a college homecoming every gameday. OK that is enough Packer praise for one lifetime.

PS SKOL Vikings

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:06 am

Milkman wrote:Haha, I'll be honest with ya. If its a Packers, Patriots Super Bowl.......Go Pack(and that is the ONLY time you will hear me say that.

I would love to go to Lambeau sometime in my life. If it is 10x better that is saying a lot because that dome isn't quiet (cue piping in noise accusations)and us Viking fans a quite rowdy. But I image GB having the same feel as a college homecoming every gameday. OK that is enough Packer praise for one lifetime.

PS SKOL Vikings

It's so packed in Lambeau. They have benches, not individual seats, so everybody is all scrunched together. Although not as comfortable, all space is accounted for haha. I would imagine this is part of the reason for the atmosphere, everybody is all up in your grill whether they want to be or not haha.

AND the Packers fans carry on a wave MUCH better than Vikings fans. For whatever it's worth haha.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Milkman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:00 am

AND the Packers fans carry on a wave MUCH better than Vikings fans. For whatever it's worth haha

Well I'll have to trust you on that one. I can't say I have first hand knowledge of Packer fan Wave skills.
I can't believe Im about to do this but...Ok Im actaully discussing "The Wave" HA random thought and theory as to Packer's superior Wave abilities. You're so crammed on those benches that when the dude gets up next to you, his arm is actually under yours forcing you to stand up and so on and so on. Again I can't beleive I just put ANY thought into "The Wave"

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:06 am

Milkman wrote:AND the Packers fans carry on a wave MUCH better than Vikings fans. For whatever it's worth haha

Well I'll have to trust you on that one. I can't say I have first hand knowledge of Packer fan Wave skills.
I can't believe Im about to do this but...Ok Im actaully discussing "The Wave" HA random thought and theory as to Packer's superior Wave abilities. You're so crammed on those benches that when the dude gets up next to you, his arm is actually under yours forcing you to stand up and so on and so on. Again I can't beleive I just put ANY thought into "The Wave"

Haha wow, you put a lot of thought into that. You could be right haha. Whatever it is they're doing, it works!
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hunterlaf » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:28 am

the packers got this
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Milkman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Hunterlaf wrote:the packers got this

Although you give a TON of good points, I'm still going to go with the VIkings in a close one. Based on their O and D lines and playmakers.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby und52 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:37 pm

Two things

First off if the packers O line can hold its ground the packers have a chance. If Rodgers can find Driver or especially Greg Jennings they both have the ability to make plays in the open field. Defensively they have a great secondary to stop the pass and a new 3-4 scheme up front that hopefully will help in stopping the run.

Second, I didn't live in Green Bay but in south eastern Wisconsin. Da Bears where a much bigger rival for the Packers, although that may have changed with Farve going to Minnesota. Being from North Dakota though I would have to say that I defiantly hate the Vikings more.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:59 am

und52 wrote:First off if the packers O line can hold its ground the packers have a chance. If Rodgers can find Driver or especially Greg Jennings they both have the ability to make plays in the open field. Defensively they have a great secondary to stop the pass and a new 3-4 scheme up front that hopefully will help in stopping the run.

This is pretty accurate. I think it will be tough for the Packers O-line to protect Rodgers, they've had a difficult time against defenses less talaned than the Vikings and they've had injuries to make things tougher on their line. I can't remember are the safeties beat up for the Packers? If they're healthy obviously that will help and their corners might have an advantage over the Vikings receivers, but their run defense hasn't been good.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:56 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

but then again we wouldn't have some key players from this season without his doing. (Brett Favre, Greg Lewis, etc.) So I guess we can't complain!

I'll hold off judgement on that one until the guy makes his 2nd catch....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Milkman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:31 am

baseball wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I'll hold off judgement on that one until the guy makes his 2nd catch....

Greg Lewis=key player..........? I side with baseball.

But still you gotta love how Childress went out and got Greg Lewis and the Viking faithful go What? and the QB he gets (Brett Favre incase you havent heard) connects with him to put us 3-0. Im still amazed at the improbability of it all. haha for what its worth. Its been a weird season all around the league and we are only 3 weeks deep.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things