NFL Draft

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: NFL Draft

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:06 am

The Schwab wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:Tom Brady is a product of Belichek's system

Do you understand what I ment by product of the system, What I ment was... He came from a college that throws the ball 70-80 percent of the time, look at the last 5 starting quarterback that have came from texas tech, they all put up gaudy numbers.

Tom Brady isn't a product of any system, he's is just a flat out winner. Look what he did with no recieving help, then he got Moss and they rewrote the record books until the most shocking upset in Super Bowl history.

Before Moss came in he threw 5 yard patters and handed the ball off. Belichecks offense allows anyone to do well. Cassell came in after not starting a football game since high school and threw for 3600 yards.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri May 01, 2009 12:08 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:Tom Brady is a product of Belichek's system

Do you understand what I ment by product of the system, What I ment was... He came from a college that throws the ball 70-80 percent of the time, look at the last 5 starting quarterback that have came from texas tech, they all put up gaudy numbers.

Tom Brady isn't a product of any system, he's is just a flat out winner. Look what he did with no recieving help, then he got Moss and they rewrote the record books until the most shocking upset in Super Bowl history.

Before Moss came in he threw 5 yard patters and handed the ball off. Belichecks offense allows anyone to do well. Cassell came in after not starting a football game since high school and threw for 3600 yards.

Come on. You think Cassell could do what Brady did with the Patriots before they got Moss and Welker? I'd love to see Cassell take the team that won the first superbowl and have success. Or any of them for that matter. Sure Belicheks system didn't call for a lot of complex routes, but how do you blame him for that? He got the most out of what he had. The superbowls New England won probably had some of the worst receiving corps in NFL history for super bowl winning teams. Untill they had Deion Branch they didn't have any true playmakers at wide out. Once Belicheck got Moss, someone he could do more then just 5 yard patters with he started airing it out.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Fri May 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Looks like the Vikes had a good draft getting Harvin and Loadholt. I think Loadholt will be a monster at RT
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things