NBA MVP

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: NBA MVP

Postby bigboyd » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:16 pm

I think if James can win the championship you have to give it to him. Other wise Dwade has outplayed and just done more than James (and with less around him). Wade has proven he can take a team and win a championship. James is about do for one.
bigboyd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:41 pm

bigboyd wrote:I think if James can win the championship you have to give it to him. Other wise Dwade has outplayed and just done more than James (and with less around him). Wade has proven he can take a team and win a championship. James is about do for one.

When Wade won his championship he had Shaq with him. Sure he wasnt the same guy that he was in LA but he was still the most dominant player in the NBA. If you put Shaq on that team that Lebron took all the way to the finals then he has a championship to. IMO.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 pm

bigboyd wrote:I think if James can win the championship you have to give it to him. Other wise Dwade has outplayed and just done more than James (and with less around him). Wade has proven he can take a team and win a championship. James is about do for one.

They will announce the MVP in the during the 2nd round of the playoffs and it is based on the regular season it has nothing to do with postseason play.

"Dwade has outplayed and just done more than James " - please explain. I don't see that at all.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:38 pm

If Lebron doesn't win the MVP the award is a joke. plain and simple.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:53 pm

I don't think anyone is questioning who the MVP is. This topic has turned into a debate of who the top five candidates are now. What I'm saying is if the Nuggets don't make that trade for Iverson they are probably a low seed in the playoffs and maybe on the outside looking in. They have good talent but when 'Melo and Iverson play together they are battling for who gets to shoot all night. Billups was apart of the best backcourt in the NBA for about 5 years with Rip Hamilton and you never heard of those 2 fighting or not getting along during a season. Not only is Billups a great player, but he's a great teammate with a defensive mindset. His reputation from playin tough defense in Detroit has translated to Denver.

It's far more MVP worthy than Dwade "leading the heat to the playoffs" in the east. Sure he lead them, but he lead them to the 5 seed in the terrible east. All you need is one star player like Wade and an average supporting cast in the East and you could be a playoff team no problem. The Heat wouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs as a western conference team. Denver has the same core of players they've had for a few years now and when Billups replaced Iverson they became an actual team and played together. They even lost Camby in the off-season who was defensive player of the year 2 years ago.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue May 12, 2009 1:54 pm

So it's clear LeBron won the MVP this year by a huge margin. whats hard to believe...he actually had a BETTER season last year.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue May 12, 2009 2:31 pm

baseball wrote:So it's clear LeBron won the MVP this year by a huge margin. whats hard to believe...he actually had a BETTER season last year.

Its only hard to believe because its not true.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue May 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Flip wrote:
baseball wrote:So it's clear LeBron won the MVP this year by a huge margin. whats hard to believe...he actually had a BETTER season last year.

Its only hard to believe because its not true.

30.0 points, 7.9 rebounds, 7.2 assists
28.4 points, 7.6 rebounds, 7.2 assists
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue May 12, 2009 10:20 pm

baseball wrote:30.0 points, 7.9 rebounds, 7.2 assists
28.4 points, 7.6 rebounds, 7.2 assists

If that is your arguement I think it is pretty weak. His offensive numbers are down slightly, but he is plays 2.5 minutes less per game. He is actually averaging more pts, rebounds, and assists per minute than he did last year. He is more effecient this year than he was last. His 3P% and FT% have improved dramatically. But the biggest reason is his defense. He's never been known to be a top defensive player, but this year he was first team all-defense.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonslayer » Sat May 30, 2009 11:28 am

Hmm better last year? Improved his shooting from the outside 30% to right around 40% and improved greatly at the line, 70% to around 80%.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things