Uconn VS UNC

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Uconn VS UNC

Postby styintheeye » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:31 am

Who do you think would win?
styintheeye
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Uconn VS UNC

Postby baseball » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:55 am

pre-dyson injury - UConn
post-dyson injury - UNC

also...goin by your post history im not so sure how serious to take this thread?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:35 pm

haha, if your going to say that pre dyson injury they'd win, does that mean we get to take away UNC's injurys? a 7 footer in Zeller and their best on the ball defender Ginyard?? But for the sake of argument. i'll say they have dyson and unc doesnt have thier full lineup and i still think UNC would win. I don't think Thabeet would be able to keep up with the pace and be as dominant as he usually is.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:50 pm

How many games combined have Zeller and Ginyard played? 4...3? UNC has had time to get used to a lineup without them. for the next few weeks UConn will be trying to find a whole new lineup.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 pm

haha a whole new lineup? its not like they are subbing out 5 guys, its one player. their 4th best player. i mean he scores 13 points per game but adrien, tahbeet and price are their 3 big guys. i dont think they really have a WHOLE NEW lineup.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:32 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:haha a whole new lineup? its not like they are subbing out 5 guys, its one player. their 4th best player. i mean he scores 13 points per game but adrien, tahbeet and price are their 3 big guys. i dont think they really have a WHOLE NEW lineup.

He is their second leading scorer with 13 points. So i wouldnt call him the 4th best
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:45 pm

i know that. but who's better him or thabeet? thabeet. price is better... he leads this team and adrien is their best scorer, dyson scores because teams are worried more about those 3
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:04 am

BballFan1307 wrote:haha a whole new lineup? its not like they are subbing out 5 guys, its one player. their 4th best player. i mean he scores 13 points per game but adrien, tahbeet and price are their 3 big guys. i dont think they really have a WHOLE NEW lineup.

whats the hardest position to replace? point guard maybe? just ask Texas.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:37 am

isn't Price the point guard ?? not dyson?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:28 pm

yes price is, when you look at the way they are listed on a lineup card. Price is the 1 dyson is the 2. but if youve seen them play they run a combo and both play the 1..much like Kansas did with Chalmers and Robinson last year.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:43 pm

i was leaning towards UConn to win it all before Dyson was injured, but now i am not so sure. Dyson will be a huge loss for them but Craig Austrie and Kemba Walker are capable of filling in. They may not be the scorers as Dyson was, but they've given the Huskies some solid minutes this season. I think we'll find out more about UConn and Dyson on Monday when they take on Pitt
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby alexanderthegreat » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:05 pm

I would say that UNC would be able to out-quick UConn and make Thabeet less of a threat. Also, a player like Tyler Hansbrough doesn't care how many times he gets blocked, he keeps on fighting for the basket so Thabeet's psychological presence would be lessened.

This is in response to baseball, I'm a Texas fan and I don't know how much more of watching Texas play i can watch, they have one of the top defenses in the country, they just havent been able to get an offense going in the absence of DJ Augustin.
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear.
alexanderthegreat
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:31 pm

alexanderthegreat wrote:This is in response to baseball, I'm a Texas fan and I don't know how much more of watching Texas play i can watch, they have one of the top defenses in the country, they just havent been able to get an offense going in the absence of DJ Augustin.

then go and read my post again before you basically repeat what i said.

my post:
"whats the hardest position to replace? point guard maybe? just ask Texas."

tell me Texas fan....what position did Augustin play? you could have the best defense in the country but you still wont win many games if you cant get points on the board with a PG to start the offense.

it also just proves my point. texas has had the whole year and still havent really figured out what to do at the pg spot. UConn has to do it with 5-6 games left in the season
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:17 am

really they do not need to replace their point guard though baseball. They have one of the probably top ten point guards in the nation in AJ Price. Yeah Dyson may play some point. but price is their man. An example of a team having to replace their "point guard" in the context your referrin to would be if UNC lost Lawson, UCLA lost collison. If uconn lost price, then i would say its a HUGE deal but dyson, not so much.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:31 am

any way, this arguing is pointless. we'll never know who woulda won if they had dyson, we may know who would win without him if they meet in the tournament.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:14 pm

the one thing i dont understand about the dyson injury is the timetable for his return. if surgery goes well and they repair it, hes out for the year. but if they cant repair it he'll be back in 4 weeks?

as for the game between the 2..it depends which way they call it. Thabeet gets away with some body contact because hes a shot blocker or Hansbrough goes to the line 20 times because hes a flopper and exagerates the contact alot of the time.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:33 pm

thats one thing i disagree with. say what you want. Everyone calls Hansbrough a flopper and says he gets ever call. But he doesnt get have the calls he should. They look like flops , but if you watch a game and they show replays of the contact that is made against him, he is elbowed, grabbed, hit, almost every time down the court. but just cause it looks ugly, he gets blamed for being a flopper. Last night, agaisnt Miami, he'd get the ball one guy whould hit him the other would grab his arm and he'd lose the ball out of bounds. No call.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Yeah...he got abused in Miami ill agree with that one. but he gets called a flopper because he flew back 15 feet on a greg paulus forearm...really??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Yeah, but a 6 foot 9 guy 245 pounds going with all of his momentum gets nudged he's gonna go somewhere, but i see what you mean. But everyone flops on defense. It's an easy way to get the ball back. Just read on ESPN.com that zeller might decide to come back. He's goin to decide soon whether to finish the year or take the redshirt. If he plays that would be huge for the heels depth.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball18 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:00 pm

baseball wrote:the one thing i dont understand about the dyson injury is the timetable for his return. if surgery goes well and they repair it, hes out for the year. but if they cant repair it he'll be back in 4 weeks?

as for the game between the 2..it depends which way they call it. Thabeet gets away with some body contact because hes a shot blocker or Hansbrough goes to the line 20 times because hes a flopper and exagerates the contact alot of the time.

because if they surgically repair it then he wont be able to even walk on it for a few months. but for now he can walk on it because it's not completely torn. without surgery all it would take is about 4-5 weeks of rest then he could prolly still play on it because it's only partially torn without surgery. but he would risk more significant damage had he went that route. but since he's having surgery on it, they're replacing it completely.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:03 pm

baseball18 wrote:
baseball wrote:the one thing i dont understand about the dyson injury is the timetable for his return. if surgery goes well and they repair it, hes out for the year. but if they cant repair it he'll be back in 4 weeks?

because if they surgically repair it then he wont be able to even walk on it for a few months. but for now he can walk on it because it's not completely torn. without surgery all it would take is about 4-5 weeks of rest then he could prolly still play on it because it's only partially torn without surgery. but he would risk more significant damage had he went that route. but since he's having surgery on it, they're replacing it completely.

i knew that..i guess i shouldve said it doesnt make sense just because its backwards haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things