Final Four Predictions

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Final Four Predictions

Postby baseball18 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:21 am

As of right now who do you think will be in the Final Four?
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Re: Final Four Predictions

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:40 am

well lets see if you were gonna say number one seeds... i'd go with UNC, Oklahoma(because of the weak conference, they should be able to coast), UCONN and i think i'm gonna go with Pitt as the other number one seed. As far as Final Four, because there is always upsets( other than last year) i'm gonna go with UNC, Louisville, Memphis and Marquette, obviouslsy this would change when i see a bracket and see who is in each region. just a guess haha
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:56 am

UNC
UConn
Marquette
Michigan State

like 1307 said...it'll probably change when the brackets come out.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 am

i like marquette too. i just wanna see what they can do when they start playin more of thier conference schedule to see if they are for real. i'm not hooked on mich state though. i mean they got tons of potential. but they just havent been playin well. injuries have played into that too though. I think a Hansbrough/Thabeet matchup in the finals could make hansbrough look pretty bad haha
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WarmBlooded » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:55 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i like marquette too. i just wanna see what they can do when they start playin more of thier conference schedule to see if they are for real. i'm not hooked on mich state though. i mean they got tons of potential. but they just havent been playin well. injuries have played into that too though. I think a Hansbrough/Thabeet matchup in the finals could make hansbrough look pretty bad haha

I don't think Marquette has good enough inside defense to get to the final 4. But their perimeter 3 are legit. Blake Griffin is a stud. He will cary Oklahoma and the Paris sisters on his back to the final 4.

Uconn
UNC-pains me to say them-one of the biggest choke jobs if they dont get in!
Oklahoma
Clemson-sleeper pick-they have played a quality non-conference schedule and their press is tough!
WarmBlooded
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:13 am

WarmBlooded wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:i like marquette too. i just wanna see what they can do when they start playin more of thier conference schedule to see if they are for real. i'm not hooked on mich state though. i mean they got tons of potential. but they just havent been playin well. injuries have played into that too though. I think a Hansbrough/Thabeet matchup in the finals could make hansbrough look pretty bad haha

I don't think Marquette has good enough inside defense to get to the final 4. But their perimeter 3 are legit. Blake Griffin is a stud. He will cary Oklahoma and the Paris sisters on his back to the final 4.

Uconn
Oklahoma
Clemson-sleeper pick-they have played a quality non-conference schedule and their press is tough!

HAHAHA what?!?! quality....your joking right
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:28 am

The Schwab wrote:
WarmBlooded wrote:

Uconn
Oklahoma

don't mind the Schwab, he's obsessed with the big east and their dominance. haha
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby alexanderthegreat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:55 am

Oklahoma
UNC
UConn
Wake Forest
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear.
alexanderthegreat
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:06 pm

WarmBlooded wrote:

Uconn
Oklahoma

not sure what that has to do with anything?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby WarmBlooded » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:19 pm

baseball wrote:
WarmBlooded wrote:

Uconn
Oklahoma

Haven't you seen the Paris sisters play for the Oklahoma women's team? They both are plus sized athletes. Very good ball players, just big boned. Griffin is a beast, but yes in a weak conference.
WarmBlooded
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WarmBlooded » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:25 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
WarmBlooded wrote:

Uconn
Oklahoma

don't mind the Schwab, he's obsessed with the big east and their dominance. haha

My bad, I thought they said last night that they had played a tough non-conference schedule this year, unlike years past. I looked at their schedule and the toughest non-conference game was Illinois. Who only score like 39 against the gophers. And that isn't very good. I still like them as a sleeper. Veteran team that has an old-school Kentucky run and jump press.
WarmBlooded
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:36 pm

WarmBlooded wrote:
baseball wrote:
WarmBlooded wrote:

Uconn
Oklahoma

Haven't you seen the Paris sisters play for the Oklahoma women's team? They both are plus sized athletes. Very good ball players, just big boned. Griffin is a beast, but yes in a weak conference.

yes i am familiar with who they are...just not what impact they have on hte mens team making the final four.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Pitt
UNC
Michigan State
Wake Forest
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WarmBlooded » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:45 pm

baseball wrote:
WarmBlooded wrote:
baseball wrote:
WarmBlooded wrote:

Uconn
Oklahoma

yes i am familiar with who they are...just not what impact they have on hte mens team making the final four.

It was a joke. I was just saying he is so strong that he could carry his team and the sisters on his back to the final 4.
WarmBlooded
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball18 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Ill say:
UConn
UNC
Louisville
4th spot is wide open but I'll say Michigan St. for now
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby clutch24 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Any chance Duke gets in there? I know there ranked 10 or so now.. but i could see them coming on strong in the Tournament.
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Postby thejoker » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:03 pm

clutch24 wrote:Any chance Duke gets in there? I know there ranked 10 or so now.. but i could see them coming on strong in the Tournament.

There's always a chance Duke will make it with their great program and amazing coach. But, I hope they do just as they did last year.

As of right now my Final Four is:

UNC
Oklahoma
UCONN
Louisville
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:29 pm

this may sound bias since i'm a HUGE UNC fan but i don't think Duke will ever make a run back to the final four unless they get a presence down low. Its happened the last what? 5 years i think. You cant win that many games in a row just being a 3 point shooting team, because one of those games your gonna be cold and have to feed it down low and they have what? Zoubek? Lance Thomas? they are nothing. IF they are hot though. they are great.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:15 am

BballFan1307 wrote:this may sound bias since i'm a HUGE UNC fan but i don't think Duke will ever make a run back to the final four unless they get a presence down low. Its happened the last what? 5 years i think. You cant win that many games in a row just being a 3 point shooting team, because one of those games your gonna be cold and have to feed it down low and they have what? Zoubek? Lance Thomas? they are nothing. IF they are hot though. they are great.

I agree with you on this point in the tourney, it seems almost every year that a team with one big guy that can score if he has to and two gaurds that can penetrate and shoot seem to go far and without one of those you dont make it very far. I dont see them making it past the sweet sixteen, that is if they dont get upset in the second round. Clemson figured it out that if you pressure them and dont let them get in a rhythm they do not have much of a chance to win.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:17 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:this may sound bias since i'm a HUGE UNC fan but i don't think Duke will ever make a run back to the final four unless they get a presence down low. Its happened the last what? 5 years i think. You cant win that many games in a row just being a 3 point shooting team, because one of those games your gonna be cold and have to feed it down low and they have what? Zoubek? Lance Thomas? they are nothing. IF they are hot though. they are great.

i agree, i think they can make a run but only to the elite 8. i dont think theyll make the final four because of what you said, no inside presence, but i can see them losing out in the elite 8
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things