Vikings QB in 09-10 season

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Vikings QB in 09-10 season

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:23 pm

sportsguruguy wrote:I heard on 740 the fan today that the vikes were talking with the broncos about a possible trade for Jay Cutler. That would be a quantum leap from what we have now!!

The Broncos really screwed up even listening to the patriots about Cassel. And im not sure why they would even think about it, Cutler threw for over 4500 yards last season on a team that had no defense he had to do that. Cassel played on a team with a pretty decent defense he didnt have to go out and throw all sorts of yards week in and week out. Cassel is a good player but i dont think he is at the same level as Cutler. Like BballFan1307 said earlier he had guys around him. Marshall and Royal are good players but no where near the team that Cassel had around him. I understand in a way that McDaniels maybe wanted to bring Cassel over but Cutler is clearly a better player and has proven himself in more than 1 year unlike Cassel did. I dont think theres any way that Denver will trade Cutler to the Vikings or to any team for that matter.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:06 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
sportsguruguy wrote:I heard on 740 the fan today that the vikes were talking with the broncos about a possible trade for Jay Cutler. That would be a quantum leap from what we have now!!

The Broncos really screwed up even listening to the patriots about Cassel. And im not sure why they would even think about it, Cutler threw for over 4500 yards last season on a team that had no defense he had to do that. Cassel played on a team with a pretty decent defense he didnt have to go out and throw all sorts of yards week in and week out. Cassel is a good player but i dont think he is at the same level as Cutler. Like BballFan1307 said earlier he had guys around him. Marshall and Royal are good players but no where near the team that Cassel had around him. I understand in a way that McDaniels maybe wanted to bring Cassel over but Cutler is clearly a better player and has proven himself in more than 1 year unlike Cassel did. I dont think theres any way that Denver will trade Cutler to the Vikings or to any team for that matter.

That three way trade with Cassel for Cutler and whom ever is no longer there. Cutler wants out because of what happened with Shannahan getting fired and him feeling that the broncos dont want him. The broncos wouldnt be very smart for getting rid of Cutler but there is a new coach and new coaches want there own system with players that fit it.Cutler is only to make only 1 million next year, 1 million after that ,and 1.5 million at the end of his contract.If the Vikes give the Broncos a possibly a first and a third round pick i bet they would jump on it.WERE COMING, WERE COMING!!!!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Guys, do you think, even if, Minnesota got a good QB this year that it would work out, with the coaching staff at hand. They always seem to blow the close ones or the ones they are suppose to win.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:49 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:Guys, do you think, even if, Minnesota got a good QB this year that it would work out, with the coaching staff at hand. They always seem to blow the close ones or the ones they are suppose to win.

I think it would work out, they have all the pieces in place except for a QB, top 3 defense in the NFL. Best runningback in the NFL, good o-line, and a decent receiving core, nothing great, but good enough to win games with a QB like Cutler. But like i said Cutler isnt going to be traded this year.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:03 am

get TO
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Something tells me I'll never read this.

"Super Bowl QB Sage Rosenfells leads Minnesota to first Superbowl Win"

I don't care who we get as long as it's not Rosenfells or Jackson. Rosenfells is probably a better QB than Jackson but he's going to be a younger version of Brad Johnson/Gus Frerotte.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:12 am

I'll take back my Sage Rothenfells post. i didn't realize he was a 30 yr old career journey man. I thought he was entering his prime and needed an opertounity. my bad

also we couldn't give up a second rounded for Matt Cassel?????????????????????????
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:19 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Something tells me I'll never read this.

"Super Bowl QB Sage Rosenfells leads Minnesota to first Superbowl Win"

I don't care who we get as long as it's not Rosenfells or Jackson. Rosenfells is probably a better QB than Jackson but he's going to be a younger version of Brad Johnson/Gus Frerotte.

I have this weird feeling that you are correct by this statement. Referring to earlier posts, i honestly do believe that a quarterback out of the draft would be better than Sage Rosenfells! I would take Freeman, the supposed 3rd best QB in the draft, long before i would take Rosenfells. With Freeman's arm strength and decision making, he gives the vikes much more that TJack and Sage do.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:16 pm

cutler wants a trade, but i have a feeling that minnesota wont do it after getting sage
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:25 pm

I'd give up 2 first round picks for cutler no doubt in my mind. Then sign Torry Holt...championship!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby riders » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:39 pm

ya so would I but espn says the broncos are not interested in a trade but cutler is determined. we'd be way better off then we are now
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:33 am

IMO all we need is someone who can complete about 50% of the passes and with the running game we have it should get us to the playoffs. There has got to be a QB for hire that can accomplish this out there.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:42 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I'd give up 2 first round picks for cutler no doubt in my mind. Then sign Torry Holt...championship!

Don't think the Vikes will give up that much for cutler, But please get Tory Holt to pair up w/ Berrian
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:19 pm

I don't really care who plays qb as long as they are better than tjoke and rosenfels cuz they are not not even grade b starters in the nfl. I would actually rather see tjoke than rosenfels though.
Last edited by gobison#6 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby basebizzal » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:44 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I'd give up 2 first round picks for cutler no doubt in my mind. Then sign Torry Holt...championship!
maybe not 2...lets not get too carried away..hes not thaaat good
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:24 am

Well i was definately wrong with Cutler being traded but i think that the bears just won the division, I am not a Vikes fan and cheer for pretty much anyone but them. But, Cutler is a great QB and he will excell in Chicago. But even with the Broncos getting two first rounders, a third round pick, and Orton i think the Bears got the better of the trade with Cutler, he is one of the best qbs in the game today and two first rounders doesnt mean much considering they will have to prove themselves. And Ortons record is something like 22-12 as a starter but, he diddnt play in an offense that passed a whole lot and on top of that he played with a really good, not great, but really good defense, which the Broncos dont have.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:39 pm

I still think the Packers are the most well rounded team in the division with the viqueens a very close second.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:06 pm

apparently there has been talk of another Brett Favre comeback since his release from the Jets and according to "experts" the Vikings are #1 team on his list. not really sure but i just read about it
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:54 pm

gobison#6 wrote:apparently there has been talk of another Brett Favre comeback since his release from the Jets and according to "experts" the Vikings are #1 team on his list. not really sure but i just read about it

Doesn't sound likely.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4111605
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:56 pm

gobison#6 wrote:apparently there has been talk of another Brett Favre comeback since his release from the Jets and according to "experts" the Vikings are #1 team on his list. not really sure but i just read about it

Yaaa I just saw on ESPN that he's not coming back. But even if he is, he's not very good anymore in my opinion. Tries to force too much. Plus doesn't he need a shoulder surgeory?
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gobison#6 » Sat May 02, 2009 11:06 am

like i said i read it somewhere i didnt see it on espn so im guessing its probably isnt true. although even though he is no where near his best i mean he is ancient but he would definitely be way better than jackson or rosenfels if he does decide to come back.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sun May 03, 2009 3:52 pm

gobison#6 wrote:like i said i read it somewhere i didnt see it on espn so im guessing its probably isnt true. although even though he is no where near his best i mean he is ancient but he would definitely be way better than jackson or rosenfels if he does decide to come back.

I would say there would be a 65% chance Favre would be better than what the Vikings have and about a <10% chance he would be WAY better.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Milkman » Tue May 05, 2009 12:00 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... tml?page=0

Now do I agree with/believe the speculations in this article? no but hey it's an interesting read.
Let’s go cut down some nets boys.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby duke_boy90 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Brett told the vikes he's retiring..........or is he????
duke_boy90
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:27 pm

duke_boy90 wrote:Brett told the vikes he's retiring..........or is he????

Who know, he will probably just sign 3 days before the first pre-season game haha.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things