Vikings QB in 09-10 season

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: Vikings QB in 09-10 season

Postby Dareybuck » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:09 pm

This team is built to win now, but at the QB position they aint ready to win now. so i propose drafting a QB. i would hurt them to draft a 3rd round qb, maybe a 2nd round qb.
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby numba3511 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:02 pm

I was watching ESPN today and they were talking about Leftwhich ( no clue how to spell it ) being traded. They said he wouldn't be a bad starting quarterback.. Do you think he would be good in Minnesota?
私はちょうどあなたにこれほど上への翻訳ウェブサイトを見させました
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby thejoker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:27 pm

So much for the Cassel idea.

Patriots franchised him.
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby numba3511 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:32 pm

thejoker wrote:So much for the Cassel idea.

Patriots franchised him.

I wasn't expecting that to happen. Ha
私はちょうどあなたにこれほど上への翻訳ウェブサイトを見させました
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:45 pm

i thought that we had kinda expected that? i was thinkin they'd try trade for him.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby riders » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:30 pm

they still can try to trade for him..its a non-exclusive franchise tag that allows Cassel to speak with other teams, still giving him the opportunity for a trade
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:02 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i thought that we had kinda expected that? i was thinkin they'd try trade for him.

We were. Media reported in the early part of the playoffs the Pats planned to franchise him.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dareybuck » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 am

If the Vikes could manage to get Leftwhich for maybe a 2nd round pick and Tjackson, i would be happy
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Dont kid yourself the Vikings arent going to trade for a QB they may draft one in the later rounds but i doubt it Jackson will be the starter next year.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:50 pm

bballfan7 wrote:Dont kid yourself the Vikings arent going to trade for a QB they may draft one in the later rounds but i doubt it Jackson will be the starter next year.

who's going to qb then?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby clutch24 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:36 pm

bballfan7 wrote:Dont kid yourself the Vikings arent going to trade for a QB they may draft one in the later rounds but i doubt it Jackson will be the starter next year.

If they want to have any success, they will. I don't see T. Jackson having much success at starter next year.
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:05 am

The Schwab wrote:

who's going to qb then?

I meant Jackson would be the starter next year. I should have put a comma or a period in there.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball99 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:57 pm

The Vikings don't need a "great" QB. I don't know how people, mainly Brad Childress, cannot realize that it shouldn't be too hard to pass with one of the greatest running backs to play the game. They have two running backs that could be starting for the team and have two QB's who cant throw 15 passes a game and win. They are solid at every position but QB, the recievers are questionable but they run the west coast style so you don't need Randy Moss' or Owens to be able to throw screens and short easy passes. They cannot afford to draft a rookie and run him through the system again. Garcia is a good pick because he's been in west coast styles before and has had some success. I think a solid pick up might be Derek Anderson if Cleveland is willing to let him go yet because obviously Quinn is their future. Drafting Mark Sanchez would be a good pick a team that is rebuilding, such as the Falcons of last year. However, that worked out for them mainly because they just played really well. I don't see them doing as good next year anyways. The Vikings however need a QB that can manage a game, they don't need a total stud, because they already have that guy in the backfield. Garcia, Anderson, and possibly a trade are the best options, Jackson is a downright awful QB that needs to be the 2nd and maybe 3rd option. I'd rather see John David Booty under center than Jackson, and Childress will be gone after this next year unless he does something with this team. They have a good D and one of the top running games in the buisiness, not to mention a great offensive line.
bball99
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball99 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Cassel wouldn't do well with the recievers the Vikings have. He had Moss and Welker and a very good line, plus the best coach in the game. I think it's smart for him to stay in New England for another year and then see what happens with the team. However, I would rather see Cassel in there than Jackson.
bball99
NDPreps Starter

Postby snakeINTHEgrass » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:46 pm

vikings are talking to the texans for sage rosenfels
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3928630
snakeINTHEgrass
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 am

snakeINTHEgrass wrote:vikings are talking to the texans for sage rosenfels

Not a bad cheap option to compete with T-Jack
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:32 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:

Well, looks like they feel Rosenfels or Jackson is the solution. I, on the other hand, think this was a BAD move, for reasons previously stated, such as, THE TEAM IS BUILT TO WIN NOW, and i just don't see either of these two being and immediate good quarterback. Yes i know, when Jackson came back after being benched he played solid, but look at his playoff performance. Not Good! What i wouldn't give to see Stafford or Sanchez in the Viking Purple!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan7 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:47 pm

baseball4life wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:

Well, looks like they feel Rosenfels or Jackson is the solution. I, on the other hand, think this was a BAD move, for reasons previously stated, such as, THE TEAM IS BUILT TO WIN NOW, and i just don't see either of these two being and immediate good quarterback. Yes i know, when Jackson came back after being benched he played solid, but look at his playoff performance. Not Good! What i wouldn't give to see Stafford or Sanchez in the Viking Purple!

Well first you say you thought it was a bad move because the team is ready to win now, then you say you want Stafford or Sanchez, do you really think they will be able step right in there and win? Atleast with Rosenfels you know what you are getting, nothing great but a decent QB once you get in the draft its tough to judge what you are getting there.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:16 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
NE B-Baller 242 wrote:

Well first you say you thought it was a bad move because the team is ready to win now, then you say you want Stafford or Sanchez, do you really think they will be able step right in there and win? Atleast with Rosenfels you know what you are getting, nothing great but a decent QB once you get in the draft its tough to judge what you are getting there.

No you really don't have any idea what your getting with Sage, I would MUCH rather have them go after a qb in the draft that has good mechanics and is a smart qb, so basically the opposite of Tjoke
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:09 am

Jeff Garcia - who better to get to "win now" ?
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nc » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Sage is not gonna put this franchise on the map. the vikings need somebody that can be there for the franchise long term and will balance oit the offense. Sage reminds me too much of Gus Ferotte and i dont think that is what the vikings need. I think if they wanted to become a dominant the shouldve gave up a couple draft picks or sometihng to pick up someone like a cassel or mcnabb or a hig quality qb that you know can win, and has proven themselves
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:15 pm

you guys, lets get real here. Cassell was good because he had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, BIll Bellicheck and Josh McDaniels. Mcnabb is old and would create controversies. Now you think we should bring in some big name qb? Like who?! Its not like they can get Peyton Manning or Phillip Rivers. Their supply is limited. Personally, i wouldve rather had Garcia over Sage, but i think Sage will be fine. Going after a qb in the draft is about a 10 percent chance of success, unless you have a pick in the top 10 and you can get some one good. I think were going to see Sage take the job from Tjack and play respectable.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:28 am

I watched Sage Rosenfels litterally lose a 21 point lead in under 5 minutes, he'll fit in well with what Viking fans have grown accustomed to.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:32 am

BballFan1307 wrote:you guys, lets get real here. Cassell was good because he had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, BIll Bellicheck and Josh McDaniels. Mcnabb is old and would create controversies. Now you think we should bring in some big name qb? Like who?! Its not like they can get Peyton Manning or Phillip Rivers. Their supply is limited. Personally, i wouldve rather had Garcia over Sage, but i think Sage will be fine. Going after a qb in the draft is about a 10 percent chance of success, unless you have a pick in the top 10 and you can get some one good. I think were going to see Sage take the job from Tjack and play respectable.

Cassell is still a good quarterback. He wasn't the Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, or Daunte Culpepper who just threw deep balls to him and watched him get it. Many of the routes he was throwing were short, precise routes. I don't know if he's going to be an all-pro quarterback but he's leeps and bounds better than Tjack and Sage. There is a reason he was the backup for Houston. Cassell was NFL MVP Tom Brady's backup who was selected by Bill Belichick after having NO college experience. There must be something there.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:20 pm

I heard on 740 the fan today that the vikes were talking with the broncos about a possible trade for Jay Cutler. That would be a quantum leap from what we have now!!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things