Tim Tebow

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Tim Tebow

Postby numba3511 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:56 pm

what does everyone think as far as his career in the NFL.. should he stay one more year in college?

will he be successful in the NFL?
私はちょうどあなたにこれほど上への翻訳ウェブサイトを見させました
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Re: Tim Tebow

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:55 pm

I was watching some of the "experts" on ESPN today and they said if he would go out now he would be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick but not at QB at either HB or TE. Personally i think he should stay in school for another year develop a little more even has a good chance to win another National Championship.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby numba3511 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:56 pm

bballfan7 wrote:I was watching some of the "experts" on ESPN today and they said if he would go out now he would be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick but not at QB at either HB or TE. Personally i think he should stay in school for another year develop a little more even has a good chance to win another National Championship.

3rd or 4th round draft pick at HB? are you sure you heard that right?
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:51 pm

numba3511 wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:I was watching some of the "experts" on ESPN today and they said if he would go out now he would be a 3rd or 4th round draft pick but not at QB at either HB or TE. Personally i think he should stay in school for another year develop a little more even has a good chance to win another National Championship.

I heard a 3rd or 4th round and PROBABLY wouldn't play QB at the next level.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby numba3511 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 pm

baseball wrote:
numba3511 wrote:

that really surprises me.. i think he could succeed as a QB.. maybe not anything great.. but he could play at the next level..
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:11 pm

If they have him in some sort of a West Coast/short pass offense I can see him succeeding. but i dont think he can throw the ball down the field all that well. either that or he just doesnt give them time to get down field before he takes off haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:28 pm

numba3511 wrote:
baseball wrote:
numba3511 wrote:

that really surprises me.. i think he could succeed as a QB.. maybe not anything great.. but he could play at the next level..

Heres where i heard it at
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3822294
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby numba3511 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:26 am

interesting.. i wouldn't have guessed 3rd or 4th round as a HB..
watching that video made me come up with this question

who would you rather have as your quarterback.. Tebow or Bradford?
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:38 am

numba3511 wrote:interesting.. i wouldn't have guessed 3rd or 4th round as a HB..

Are we talking college or NFL? College i would take Tebow just because how many close games did Bradford win this year lost 45-35 to Texas and 24-14 to Florida OU didnt have any other close games. NFL I take Bradford just because he has a better arm than Tebow I just dont think that Tebow is much of a threat to get the ball down the feild against NFL defenses.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby numba3511 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:42 am

bballfan7 wrote:
numba3511 wrote:interesting.. i wouldn't have guessed 3rd or 4th round as a HB..

Are we talking college or NFL? College i would take Tebow just because how many close games did Bradford win this year lost 45-35 to Texas and 24-14 to Florida OU didnt have any other close games. NFL I take Bradford just because he has a better arm than Tebow I just dont think that Tebow is much of a threat to get the ball down the feild against NFL defenses.

i think it's very close in college.. i would probably have to say Tebow though.. not only athletic talents but he is a great leader.. he's a good kid too.. even though i personally don't like how he plays..
but as far as NFL goes.. they both wouldn't do very good IMO.. Bradford would probably be the choice though just because he has a much better arm and accuracy combined..
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby thejoker » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:03 pm

So do you think Tebow deserved the Heisman this year?
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby numba3511 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:21 am

thejoker wrote:So do you think Tebow deserved the Heisman this year?

i think he deserved it.. he received the most 1st place votes.. but in peoples minds he had to do something extra special just to win it two years in a row even if he was better then all the other nominees..
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:41 am

I guess i wouldnt argue with anyone of the 3 they all deserved it. I think that if texas were playing in the National Championship game then McCoy wouldve gotten it.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:10 am

numba3511 wrote:

i think he deserved it.. he received the most 1st place votes.. but in peoples minds he had to do something extra special just to win it two years in a row even if he was better then all the other nominees..

I would say he did do that "something special" in the famous press conference after the Ole Miss game. And then followed through
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Yeah, but Bradford had the highest passer rating in the country and was the leader of the highest scoring offense in the history of major college football. That's impressive too. He will also probably be a Detroit Lion next year. Too bad for him. :cry:
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Tim Tebow was robbed of the Heisman Trophy this year. When you look at it, its the exact same thing as Peyton Manning winning the NFL MVP this year. Brees had over 5000 passing yards, Rivers led the league in TD's. But Peyton still won it, even though his numbers weren't his usual he won it because of his leadership and the team's winning streak after a big loss. Sure Tebow didn't have the same stats as last year, but his determination and ability carried his team to the national title game.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Simply, in college football, stats = awards.

Tebow is coming back anyway. Most scouts have him rated about a forth rounder, barely in the top ten QB's.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o ... 6057.story
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby numba3511 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:21 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:Simply, in college football, stats = awards.

Tebow is coming back anyway. Most scouts have him rated about a forth rounder, barely in the top ten QB's.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o ... 6057.story

do you think there is any chance Tebow will win the Heisman next year?
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:35 pm

McCoy....claimed he was already coming back.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby thejoker » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:51 pm

The Schwab wrote:
numba3511 wrote:

I would say he did do that "something special" in the famous press conference after the Ole Miss game. And then followed through

Words don't win Heismans.
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:58 pm

thejoker wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
numba3511 wrote:

If you seriously don't think tim tebow did something "extra special" then you don't watch college football. He told everyone during that press conference that you "have never seen anybody work as hard as he's going to" and he proved it. He is the best player in college football, and one of the best college football players of all time
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby numba3511 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:13 pm

The Schwab wrote:
thejoker wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
numba3511 wrote:

If you seriously don't think tim tebow did something "extra special" then you don't watch college football. He told everyone during that press conference that you "have never seen anybody work as hard as he's going to" and he proved it. He is the best player in college football, and one of the best college football players of all time

then why didn't he win the Heisman?
numba3511
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:31 pm

numba3511 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
thejoker wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
numba3511 wrote:

then why didn't he win the Heisman?

I don't know...he should have...
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thejoker » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:06 pm

The Schwab wrote:
thejoker wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
numba3511 wrote:

Yes I do watch college football and I did see that press conference.
What I am saying is that if I were a Heisman voter, and I'm sure many voters hold my same belief, I don't care what you say or when you say it, or even if you follow through with it. All I care about is the way you play. Yes, he played great after the Ole Miss game, but I won't give him extra credit for him saying he would.
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:32 pm

personally Matt Stafford is a better prospect than Tebow or Bradford and I think the Lions should take him. I'd also take Tebow over Bradford in college. Once OU finally went against a good defense they stumble... Tebow's gonna win another title next year
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things